UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:33 pm
I'm sure that longwinded defense of why calling a Black person a name clearly with the word "coon" in it, and really most of the word, has absolutely nothing to do with race and is merely a coincidence, will always win begrudging approval every time you use it. Since you're clearly obtuse, I was being sarcastic just then. :ohno:
I have to jump in here and say that the word "coont", as used on this board, was never a reference to race. I'm trying to remember what the origin was. It may have been the Irish accent of the tourettes guys.
I think you're right but Ganny could have a point as well. Does BDK like the word because of a possible double-meaning?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'm sure that longwinded defense of why calling a Black person a name clearly with the word "coon" in it, and really most of the word, has absolutely nothing to do with race and is merely a coincidence, will always win begrudging approval every time you use it. Since you're clearly obtuse, I was being sarcastic just then. :ohno:
I have to jump in here and say that the word "coont", as used on this board, was never a reference to race. I'm trying to remember what the origin was. It may have been the Irish accent of the tourettes guys.
I believe it was...also wasn't it 93 in reference to his ex wife?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:53 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:27 pm

Use it with a Black person and then try to explain away how you're not being racist with it. That should be a good rule of thumb - could you say this in front of a person of color and not get a reaction. You're fortunate this is a pretty white message board.
Cunt/coont is sexist, but has zero to do with race. Hillary has gotten refferred to as a coont numerous times by numerous people on here over the years. Its a worse form of bitch. What you’re in effect saying is that any insult that has nothing to do with race, if its directed towards a black person, is racist. Baloney.
It's Bologna.. :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Bingo. A less offensive way of saying cunt.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:03 pm
That dude is either constipated or suffering from chronic pain due to serious bone spur issues ... :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

So one racist hate crime is worthy of Biden’s (and the msm’s, and left’s) attention, and one isn’t.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Worse than Little Red Lying Hood. Biden’s new ‘Everything conservative is ‘RaCIsT’ and WhItE sUPrEmaCY’ WH press spokeswoman. Guess she got the job because she checked all the identity politics boxes- black, female, lesbian, French..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Saw that Biden sent troops back into Somalia. It's like he's trying to fail in every foreign policy action ever. :lol:

Anyone who voted for him owns this. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden gets bitchslapped by the courts again. Circuit judge rules cannot end Title 42 now. That is a YUGE ruling as far as the border goes.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/justice-depa ... n-title-42

Off the top of my head major cases Biden so far overulled on:
-Moratorium on new drilling leases on fed lands (2021- a new pause issued Feb 2022)
-CDC eviction moratorium
-Vax mandate on private employees
-Vax mandate fed contractors
-Mask mandate modes of travel.
-Ending Title 42

Not even Trump got bitchslapped this much by the courts 16 months in.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden in 1st place!
Joe Biden has finally achieved something: being the worst ever.

He is 490 days into his term and at this point, he has lower average approval numbers than any president at 40.9 percent, going all the way back to Harry Truman in 1945. It’s also Biden’s lowest average approval so far. Given that this is going into the midterms, that’s a nightmare for the hopes of the Democrats.

In a data point that is sure to rankle the short-tempered Biden, he’s below what President Donald Trump was at this point in his Presidency, even with all the media constantly beating up on Trump.

Biden’s approval in a new Reuters/Ipsos poll also hit the lowest ever in that poll: 36 percent. The poll showed his numbers are still dropping precipitously, dropping 6 percent from the week before.….
Joe Biden 40.9%
Donald Trump 42.7%
Barack Obama 48%
George W. Bush 72%
Bill Clinton 50.9%
George H.W. Bush 65%
Ronald Reagan 45%
Jimmy Carter 43.1%
Gerald Ford 44.2%
Richard Nixon 57.1%
Lyndon B. Johnson 68.7%
John F. Kennedy 74%
Dwight Eisenhower 61.3%
Harry S. Truman 43.1%
“Only 10% of Republicans and 28% of independents approve of President Biden, while 72% of Democrats still do. However, among Democrats Biden has seen a 10 point drop from two weeks ago when 82% approved of him, a driving factor for his lower overall approval rating,” said the Ipsos analysis…..

……The overwhelming majority of Republicans (90%) and independents (70%) believe things are off on the wrong track, a sentiment that nearly half of Democrats (49%) agree with,” said the pollster…
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05 ... rm-n570780
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

One should no longer be asking how popular Biden is, but unpopular (39% in the last AP poll).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:11 pm Biden in 1st place!
Joe Biden has finally achieved something: being the worst ever.

He is 490 days into his term and at this point, he has lower average approval numbers than any president at 40.9 percent, going all the way back to Harry Truman in 1945. It’s also Biden’s lowest average approval so far. Given that this is going into the midterms, that’s a nightmare for the hopes of the Democrats.

In a data point that is sure to rankle the short-tempered Biden, he’s below what President Donald Trump was at this point in his Presidency, even with all the media constantly beating up on Trump.

Biden’s approval in a new Reuters/Ipsos poll also hit the lowest ever in that poll: 36 percent. The poll showed his numbers are still dropping precipitously, dropping 6 percent from the week before.….
Joe Biden 40.9%
Donald Trump 42.7%
Barack Obama 48%
George W. Bush 72%
Bill Clinton 50.9%
George H.W. Bush 65%
Ronald Reagan 45%
Jimmy Carter 43.1%
Gerald Ford 44.2%
Richard Nixon 57.1%
Lyndon B. Johnson 68.7%
John F. Kennedy 74%
Dwight Eisenhower 61.3%
Harry S. Truman 43.1%
“Only 10% of Republicans and 28% of independents approve of President Biden, while 72% of Democrats still do. However, among Democrats Biden has seen a 10 point drop from two weeks ago when 82% approved of him, a driving factor for his lower overall approval rating,” said the Ipsos analysis…..

……The overwhelming majority of Republicans (90%) and independents (70%) believe things are off on the wrong track, a sentiment that nearly half of Democrats (49%) agree with,” said the pollster…

At a certain point, and it's when you're on either side of 50%, it's stupid to put a positive spin on it. He has a 60% disapproval rate, lets not make it sound more positive than it is. And he's only marginally worse that Trump, probably within the margin of error? That's great company. :lol: What a disaster.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:35 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:11 pm Biden in 1st place!

At a certain point, and it's when you're on either side of 50%, it's stupid to put a positive spin on it. He has a 60% disapproval rate, lets not make it sound more positive than it is. And he's only marginally worse that Trump, probably within the margin of error? That's great company. :lol: What a disaster.
Certainly right up there for the two worst, back to back Presidents, in our history. Other than the folks in the 1850's, I don't think there's even any competition for the worst successive two Presidents. And frankly, Biden is carrying his own weight in this and then some. Never imagined he could be this bad.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am
Certainly right up there for the two worst, back to back Presidents, in our history. Other than the folks in the 1850's, I don't think there's even any competition for the worst successive two Presidents. And frankly, Biden is carrying his own weight in this and then some. Never imagined he could be this bad.
:nod: Fillmore, Pierce and Buchanan might beat them but I'm not sure there's another two or more that are in their league.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

He has beaten my expectations and mine I thought were too pessimistic to start with. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:clap: You're spot on and I agree 100% with everything you said.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:16 am

He has beaten my expectations and mine I thought were too pessimistic to start with. :lol:
+6.93 The guy has never been right on anything in his career. Why did anybody think he would suddenly start making the right decisions?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Look, we know how this works. Whoever is in power gets the credit or the blame for whatever is happening from a critical mass of the population whether there is any cause and effect or not. I understand that and accept it.

Unlike Trump when he took office in 2017, Biden was dealt a really bad hand. We'd be having high inflation in general and high gas prices in particular right now regardless of who was President. But most people don't understand that. They associate such things with who is in power. It is what it is. It's always been like that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:57 pm Look, we know how this works. Whoever is in power gets the credit or the blame for whatever is happening from a critical mass of the population whether there is any cause and effect or not. I understand that and accept it.

Unlike Trump when he took office in 2017, Biden was dealt a really bad hand. We'd be having high inflation in general and high gas prices in particular right now regardless of who was President. But most people don't understand that. They associate such things with who is in power. It is what it is. It's always been like that.
They understand just fine.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If you ignore what was said and tweeted, and looked at just 4 year accomplishments, Trump would rank among the best.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am Certainly right up there for the two worst, back to back Presidents, in our history. Other than the folks in the 1850's, I don't think there's even any competition for the worst successive two Presidents. And frankly, Biden is carrying his own weight in this and then some. Never imagined he could be this bad.
If you ignore what was said and tweeted, and looked at just 4 year accomplishments, Trump would rank among the best.
Trump was above average at best before the coronavirus hit. His administration's chaotic response to the virus knocks him down a few more notches.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: If you ignore what was said and tweeted, and looked at just 4 year accomplishments, Trump would rank among the best.
Trump was above average at best before the coronavirus hit. His administration's chaotic response to the virus knocks him down a few more notches.

The vaccine in unheard of record time makes up for a lot of that chaos..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:06 pm

Among the best? No, w/o COVID, he wouldn't rank among Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, both Roosevelts. He gets bad marks for his chaotic and shitty display of leadership during a global pandemic. Much like Hoover's awful response to the stock market.

He's near the bottom with Andrew Johnson, Pierce and Buchanan.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:01 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:32 pm Trump was above average at best before the coronavirus hit. His administration's chaotic response to the virus knocks him down a few more notches.

The vaccine in unheard of record time makes up for a lot of that chaos..
Funding is the long pole in the tent when it comes to drug development. COVID-19 research had the resources of the industrialized world being thrown at it.
Vaccine research is costly. In 2018, a study in The Lancet Global HealthTrusted Source estimated the cost of early development and initial clinical safety trials for a typical vaccine to be in the range of $31–68 million. Large scale trials to determine the efficacy of a vaccine candidate would add to these figures.

In the United States, Operation Warp Speed (OWS)Trusted Source partnered with multiple institutions, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to develop, manufacture, and distribute 300 million doses by early 2021.

“By providing resources and assuming the financial risk, OWS allows companies to produce and stockpile vaccine doses even before the company knows if the vaccine is going to work,” said Dr. Yager.

“Also, by investing in multiple companies and vaccine platforms at once, OWS increased the odds of having a vaccine, or vaccines, available by the beginning of 2021,” he added.

The European Commission has also funded several vaccine candidates and worked with others in pledging $8 billion for COVID-19 research.

Add to that the fact that coronaviruses aren't new, that we already had vaccines/treatments for other coronaviruses and it makes sense why it happened so quickly. The funding is the biggest reason.
Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious DiseasesTrusted Source, there are hundreds of coronaviruses. These include four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012.

Dr. Eric J. Yager, an associate professor of microbiology at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY, told MNT that scientists have been studying coronaviruses for more than 50 years. This meant that scientists had existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus.

Dr. Yager explained, “Research on these viruses established the importance of the viral spike (S) protein in viral attachment, fusion, and entry, and [it] identified the S proteins as a target for the development of antibody therapies and vaccines.” He continued:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... -takeaways

Trump starting Operation Warp Speed certainly helped...HEY! Maybe you should cite the rapid vaccine development as an achievement of DJT. But then that runs counter to MAGA...