Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Texan Border Action

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:49 am
kalm wrote:
Simpleton explanation for simpletons.

This man made disaster was caused by decades of foreign and domestic policy including the desire for cheap labor and the War on Drugs. And yes, Biden has been a part of it.
Hm

Odd how this record breaking surge is just now happening

Gosh I wonder if Biden has done everything he could to prevent it, or if he has done everything he could to encourage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course he hasn’t done enough. Reminder, I’m a bit of an isolationist and for way stronger border security.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 am
CID1990 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:49 am
Hm

Odd how this record breaking surge is just now happening

Gosh I wonder if Biden has done everything he could to prevent it, or if he has done everything he could to encourage it?

Of course he hasn’t done enough. Reminder, I’m a bit of an isolationist and for way stronger border security.
We have to avoid the habitual response to assume that all that is wrong in the rest of our hemisphere is the fault of the US, or even mostly influenced by the US. It's a US-centric approach that we try to dismiss when we're talking about something the US has contributed to that went well, so it's no different when we talk about things the US has contributed to that hasn't gone well. No doubt we've been involved in things in the Western Hemisphere that have gone poorly and countries and their populations have suffered as a result, but at the same time, the larger responsibility for these countries often lie elsewhere, and often with the countries themselves.

I used the example before of Costa Rica versus Honduras. How come we don't have lots of Costa Rican immigrants as opposed to Honduran immigrants? We've done things in both countries, so why did one end up so good today versus the other one not so good? Costa Rica dismantling their own military in the 1930's has had a lot more to do with their stability than anything we or an outside country has done.

In this case, there are tons of Haitian immigrants making the run for the border now. A large chunk are coming from Brazil, where they relocated to following the earthquake in 2010. How is that the fault of the US? Heck, if you look at Haiti's history the larger impact has been from France in the century after they lost that colony to a slave revolt and France's desire to punish that country.

But with all that said, clearly Biden and the left have had a huge amount to do with the current border crisis. It was one of the defining moments of the Trump presidency when there were claims of kids in cages and the handling of migrants. And plenty of folks on the left, on this board as well, pushed the idea of no borders. So is it shocking that once Biden was elected, that hundreds of thousands would heed that as a swinging open of the doors and a welcome to the US? What we have now at the borders is several orders of magnitude larger than the crisis Trump had at the border, yet the outrage on the left at this humanitarian disaster is practically mute compared to the one when a different party was in the White House. Apparently the politics matters far more than the humans involved.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:25 am

We have to avoid the habitual response to assume that all that is wrong in the rest of our hemisphere is the fault of the US, or even mostly influenced by the US. It's a US-centric approach that we try to dismiss when we're talking about something the US has contributed to that went well, so it's no different when we talk about things the US has contributed to that hasn't gone well. No doubt we've been involved in things in the Western Hemisphere that have gone poorly and countries and their populations have suffered as a result, but at the same time, the larger responsibility for these countries often lie elsewhere, and often with the countries themselves.

I used the example before of Costa Rica versus Honduras. How come we don't have lots of Costa Rican immigrants as opposed to Honduran immigrants? We've done things in both countries, so why did one end up so good today versus the other one not so good? Costa Rica dismantling their own military in the 1930's has had a lot more to do with their stability than anything we or an outside country has done.

In this case, there are tons of Haitian immigrants making the run for the border now. A large chunk are coming from Brazil, where they relocated to following the earthquake in 2010. How is that the fault of the US? Heck, if you look at Haiti's history the larger impact has been from France in the century after they lost that colony to a slave revolt and France's desire to punish that country.

But with all that said, clearly Biden and the left have had a huge amount to do with the current border crisis. It was one of the defining moments of the Trump presidency when there were claims of kids in cages and the handling of migrants. And plenty of folks on the left, on this board as well, pushed the idea of no borders. So is it shocking that once Biden was elected, that hundreds of thousands would heed that as a swinging open of the doors and a welcome to the US? What we have now at the borders is several orders of magnitude larger than the crisis Trump had at the border, yet the outrage on the left at this humanitarian disaster is practically mute compared to the one when a different party was in the White House. Apparently the politics matters far more than the humans involved.
:nod:

Assuming "that all that is wrong in the rest of our hemisphere is the fault of the US, or even mostly influenced by the US" is imperialistic.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Great post. But dont’ you know, Ganny, EVERYTHING is the fault of the US. Hell, apparently we INVENTED slavery for God’s sake. Never mind it’s been around for thousands of years (really since the creation of man), but yeah, a 250 year old country is responsible for ALL the bad in the world. And should pay reparations. To everyone, apparently.

And the obscene political nature of the “protests” during Trump’s presidency have turned fucking comical now that a donk is in office. Beto, AOC, Omar, and their ilk are completely silent about the crisis (as are the donk dinks on this board like trip, Jon, dback, houndy, etc.,)….it was the worst humanitarian crisis ON THE PLANET, until a donk took over and make it 10 x worse. But now, not a peep.

Hypocritical fuckers, the lot of ‘em.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:42 pm
Local law enforcement in Texas says Fuck Joe Biden. :lol:

Make sure you click on the tweet and read through the thread. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

This is a complete loser for the Dems. Good luck on the midterms.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:56 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:42 am

This is one of the reason why I don't think this COVID BS is as dangerous as being portrayed. :lol:
Covid can't be transmitted by undocumented aliens or elected officials. It's a fact.
Or while eating.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:31 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:14 am Image
Staged photo much? :lol:

What, are these people just too lazy to walk across like the thousands of others in Hornet's video? What's to lose. Biden's CBP will give them three hots and a cot until they're allowed to disappear into the US populace and not come back for their hearing.
I think that photo was pre-election. And yes, for sure everyone in that photo has just walked across since it was taken.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:35 am

Great post. But dont’ you know, Ganny, EVERYTHING is the fault of the US. Hell, apparently we INVENTED slavery for God’s sake. Never mind it’s been around for thousands of years (really since the creation of man), but yeah, a 250 year old country is responsible for ALL the bad in the world. And should pay reparations. To everyone, apparently.

And the obscene political nature of the “protests” during Trump’s presidency have turned fucking comical now that a donk is in office. Beto, AOC, Omar, and their ilk are completely silent about the crisis (as are the donk dinks on this board like trip, Jon, dback, houndy, etc.,)….it was the worst humanitarian crisis ON THE PLANET, until a donk took over and make it 10 x worse. But now, not a peep.

Hypocritical fuckers, the lot of ‘em.
Spot on posts by Ganny and AZ. Complete crickets from the leftists on this board. :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:48 pm This is a complete loser for the Dems. Good luck on the midterms.
Just one of many that will be waived away and excused by their supporters.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:48 pm This is a complete loser for the Dems. Good luck on the midterms.
No kidding. It might well be a bloodbath. It is almost as if they WANT to lose.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 pm
They’re either testing the boundaries of their voters’ stupidity, or the boundaries of their OWN stupidity.

Possibly both.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Geez, when even ABCNews is saying your lying then I guess you've really lost the narrative. Despite Team Biden saying they're flying Haitians back to Haiti, apparently the vast majority of those who were camped out under the bridge are just being let into the US. Of course, they're being given instructions to report back in in 60 days, or whenever their asylum hearing will be, but considering that the asylum process is non-existent today and given that the vast majority of folks with those appointments in the past just don't show up, it's pretty safe to say that for the vast majority of this group of migrants, their expectation that the US would be wide open turned out to be true. Of course, you don't have record amounts of migrants piling up at the border unless they had a pretty good idea they could get in anyway.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/off ... s-80163717
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

12,000+ people under a bridge at the border. What would our reaction be if the Mexico had a military division of troops sitting right on our border? Would we consider that an invasion?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:Geez, when even ABCNews is saying your lying then I guess you've really lost the narrative. Despite Team Biden saying they're flying Haitians back to Haiti, apparently the vast majority of those who were camped out under the bridge are just being let into the US. Of course, they're being given instructions to report back in in 60 days, or whenever their asylum hearing will be, but considering that the asylum process is non-existent today and given that the vast majority of folks with those appointments in the past just don't show up, it's pretty safe to say that for the vast majority of this group of migrants, their expectation that the US would be wide open turned out to be true. Of course, you don't have record amounts of migrants piling up at the border unless they had a pretty good idea they could get in anyway.

I mean, if you’re going to just flat out lie then throw some bullshit artistry out there with it... something

This is coordinated misinformation - intentionally covering up the border crush... and the minute CBP tries to push people back across the border we’ve got Maxine Waters saying its worse than slavery

You can bet DHS isn’t dumping these people in her district

Democrats have lost the ability to enforce any laws.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:14 pm
GannonFan wrote:Geez, when even ABCNews is saying your lying then I guess you've really lost the narrative. Despite Team Biden saying they're flying Haitians back to Haiti, apparently the vast majority of those who were camped out under the bridge are just being let into the US. Of course, they're being given instructions to report back in in 60 days, or whenever their asylum hearing will be, but considering that the asylum process is non-existent today and given that the vast majority of folks with those appointments in the past just don't show up, it's pretty safe to say that for the vast majority of this group of migrants, their expectation that the US would be wide open turned out to be true. Of course, you don't have record amounts of migrants piling up at the border unless they had a pretty good idea they could get in anyway.

I mean, if you’re going to just flat out lie then throw some bullshit artistry out there with it... something

This is coordinated misinformation - intentionally covering up the border crush... and the minute CBP tries to push people back across the border we’ve got Maxine Waters saying its worse than slavery

You can bet DHS isn’t dumping these people in her district

Democrats have lost the ability to enforce any laws.

I'm not sure the migrants would want to be dumped into her district anyway - there are plenty of better options throughout the US to choose from, why settle for less?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

:nod: One (of several) massive, stinking albatrosses around their necks.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:21 am
I’m not sure I agree here. Unless the dems you know have just gone completely radio silent, there’s really not this groundswell of protest from the left about what’s going on at the border. Since Trump left town, it’s like they don’t know and aren’t aware that there’s even a crisis down there. I’m not sure they ACTUALLY care, except to help leverage that to get THEIR candidate in office. Because if they TRULY cared, we’d hear more about it from the left (and I don’t mean “party” left like Pelosi or Schumer)…
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 am
I’m not sure I agree here. Unless the dems you know have just gone completely radio silent, there’s really not this groundswell of protest from the left about what’s going on at the border. Since Trump left town, it’s like they don’t know and aren’t aware that there’s even a crisis down there. I’m not sure they ACTUALLY care, except to help leverage that to get THEIR candidate in office. Because if they TRULY cared, we’d hear more about it from the left (and I don’t mean “party” left like Pelosi or Schumer)…
The democrats I know are angry at Biden/Harris. Many of them wanted Pete or someone not suffering from dementia. They, like me, held their noses and voted for him.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:26 am The democrats I know are angry at Biden/Harris.
:nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

People were email-blitzing their representatives and organizing mass protests when Trump was putting immigrants in what looked like cages. Now we're doing the same thing, but we're doing it on a couple of orders of magnitude bigger, and no one seems to care very much. Politics at it's "finest". :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:26 am

The democrats I know are angry at Biden/Harris. Many of them wanted Pete or someone not suffering from dementia. They, like me, held their noses and voted for him.
Yeah, I had to write in Pete in my state's primary because by the time it got around to PA the Dems had already rigged their primary to get Biden through. There's zero chance I vote for Biden in 2024, and I don't really see the scenario where I vote for Harris either. if the GOP can avoid catastrophe and put someone forward other than Trump then they have a good shot to take the White House back in 2024.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:26 am

Yeah, I had to write in Pete in my state's primary because by the time it got around to PA the Dems had already rigged their primary to get Biden through. There's zero chance I vote for Biden in 2024, and I don't really see the scenario where I vote for Harris either. if the GOP can avoid catastrophe and put someone forward other than Trump then they have a good shot to take the White House back in 2024.
Whether I voted for Biden or Pete, it wouldn't have mattered. York County and South Carolina were going for Trump with or without my 1 vote.

I don't trust the electorate any more (not that I did that much before 2020.)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:30 pm
The MSM will probably avoid talking about any issues that harm the Donks come election time, and focus on how each candidate supported Trump.