Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Next will be that food shortages are transitory.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:07 am Bahaha. Getting so bad, Dems are bringing in the evil gas executives to blame for the high prices.

I sure hope one of the gas executives points out like last time (to paraphrase), how they make .08 cents a gallon profit, while the Government adds .80 in taxes. So who is gouging the public?
Wipe your nose, sweetheart. You must be young that you don't remember we've been here before, and worse. I remember taking a mortgage at 10.5% - this ain't shit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:07 am Bahaha. Getting so bad, Dems are bringing in the evil gas executives to blame for the high prices.

I sure hope one of the gas executives points out like last time (to paraphrase), how they make .08 cents a gallon profit, while the Government adds .80 in taxes. So who is gouging the public?
Wipe your nose, sweetheart. You must be young that you don't remember we've been here before, and worse. I remember taking a mortgage at 10.5% - this ain't shit. :coffee:
Ha! Years ago when I got my first house mortgage, my mom was bitching to my dad that I had to get an 8% loan. My dad replied with, "don't you remember rates going to 18%?"
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:15 am

Ha! Years ago when I got my first house mortgage, my mom was bitching to my dad that I had to get an 8% loan. My dad replied with, "don't you remember rates going to 18%?"
Yeah, my dad said 18% for his mortgage too. Gosh, I really hope we can return the stagflation of the '70's, that would be great. :roll:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:24 am

Yeah, my dad said 18% for his mortgage too. Gosh, I really hope we can return the stagflation of the '70's, that would be great. :roll:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

It won't be so bad if you don't have a mortgage
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 am

Not bad for me, I'm locked in at 2.75% for my mortgage. Unfortunately for those looking for houses now, those aren't the rates and they don't have the cash to get a smaller or no mortgage. Rental rates are through the roof too so no relief there. If people could just get used to not having a home I'm sure we'd be all good. :roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

We’re there. Negative GDP, runaway inflation. Fucking awesome.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:42 am
houndawg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 am

Not bad for me, I'm locked in at 2.75% for my mortgage. Unfortunately for those looking for houses now, those aren't the rates and they don't have the cash to get a smaller or no mortgage. Rental rates are through the roof too so no relief there. If people could just get used to not having a home I'm sure we'd be all good. :roll:
Dems. Bitch on one hand about young people not being able to afford houses, and then drive the economy off a cliff to the point where rates are skyrocketing and they will NEVER be able to afford one now. Seriously, you can’t make this shit up.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:38 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:42 am

Dems. Bitch on one hand about young people not being able to afford houses, and then drive the economy off a cliff to the point where rates are skyrocketing and they will NEVER be able to afford one now. Seriously, you can’t make this shit up.
So glad I locked in a 15 year note at 2.75 back in 2016.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:38 pm

You should have refinanced in 2021. 15-year rates were 2%.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

I am happy I had mine locked in at 3.6% back in March.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:00 pm

You should have refinanced in 2021. 15-year rates were 2%.
Don't/didn't need another 15 year note.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

New all time high $4.37.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... NewsSearch

Edit. Nevermind, that is day old news. Now AAA now $4.40,
up 18 cents in the last week alone.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Inflation rose again in April, continuing a climb that has pushed consumers to the brink and is threatening the economic expansion, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday.

The consumer price index, a broad-based measure of prices for goods and services, increased 8.3% from a year ago, higher than the Dow Jones estimate for an 8.1% gain. That represented a slight ease from March’s peak but was still close to the highest level since the summer of 1982.

Removing volatile food and energy prices, so-called core CPI still rose 6.2%, against expectations for a 6% gain, seemingly dashing hopes that inflation had peaked in March.

The price gains also meant that workers continued to lose ground. Real wages adjusted for inflation decreased 0.1% on the month despite a nominal increase of 0.3% in average hourly earnings. Over the past year, real earnings have dropped 2.6% even though average hourly earnings are up 5.5%.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/cpi-april-2022.html

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:11 am
Inflation rose again in April, continuing a climb that has pushed consumers to the brink and is threatening the economic expansion, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday.

The consumer price index, a broad-based measure of prices for goods and services, increased 8.3% from a year ago, higher than the Dow Jones estimate for an 8.1% gain. That represented a slight ease from March’s peak but was still close to the highest level since the summer of 1982.

Removing volatile food and energy prices, so-called core CPI still rose 6.2%, against expectations for a 6% gain, seemingly dashing hopes that inflation had peaked in March.

The price gains also meant that workers continued to lose ground. Real wages adjusted for inflation decreased 0.1% on the month despite a nominal increase of 0.3% in average hourly earnings. Over the past year, real earnings have dropped 2.6% even though average hourly earnings are up 5.5%.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/11/cpi-april-2022.html
And the things that really matter to people -

"On a 12-month basis, energy costs were still up 30.3% while food rose 9.4%"
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:25 am
And the things that really matter to people -

"On a 12-month basis, energy costs were still up 30.3% while food rose 9.4%"
They can say "slight ease" all they want, but this is yet again another crappy inflation number. This is why you don't let inflation out of the bag in the first place, because it's incredibly hard to fix once its there. The central bank and the Biden administration couldn't have done a worse job economically than they have. This is Carter-esque in terms of economic management, and even then that might be too harsh on Carter.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Up almost 11% in the 16 months since Biden took office..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Straight from the Bureau of Labor stats:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Wholesale inflation climbs 11% in April, remaining near 40-year high
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/who ... april-2022

Meanwhile, Biden continues to blame Trump, Republicans, oil companies, the China Virus, Putin, and whatever else I left off..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:09 pm Straight from the Bureau of Labor stats:
Rent only up 5%? I call bullshit.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Yeah, and I remember there was another Donk in the White House at that time too.
Strange coincidence. :suspicious:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 pm

Yeah, and I remember there was another Donk in the White House at that time too.
Gerald Ford - Whip Inflation Now :coffee:

I give it a gentleman's "C"
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 am
Baldy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Donk deflection. Blame the guy who was in the seat for less than 2 years, not the guy who literally fucked up everything he touched between 1976 and 1980. :rofl: :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:18 am
houndawg wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic Donk deflection. Blame the guy who was in the seat for less than 2 years, not the guy who literally fucked up everything he touched between 1976 and 1980. :rofl: :rofl:
...wrong, as, evidently, is your custom. :coffee:

I know, I know, you were in diapers while the Republicans showed us how to deal with inflation during the early-70s recession but you'd think a guy involved in banking would have a better feel for the historical record of something so important to his vocation. Nobody was happier that Jimmy Carter won in '76 than Gerald Ford.