Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:17 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:07 am

Thank you for the insult on the tweet you misunderstood and are unwittingly agreeing with.

You’re the bestest!
Considering you're still convinced that our current inflation issues stem from actions George Bush took 20 years ago, I'm going to stick with my interpretation, thank you very much. :rofl:
Stooping low to contort what I said rather than admitting you misunderstood the point of a tweet is not beneath you.

I’m not sure that depth can be measured.

But congrats on your perceived own or something. :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:21 am

Considering you're still convinced that our current inflation issues stem from actions George Bush took 20 years ago, I'm going to stick with my interpretation, thank you very much. :rofl:
Stooping low to contort what I said rather than admitting you misunderstood the point of a tweet is not beneath you.

Please, further in that tweet he makes it a point to never consider government fiscal policy. The Fed didn't create inflation all on their own, despite efforts by you and apparently this tweeter to make it seem that way. Heck, he even brings up Russia, as if we didn't have an inflation problem before they invaded Ukraine. I'm not misunderstanding anything, I'm just pointing out that you are again obfuscating the issue to try to score a message board post score.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 am

Please, further in that tweet he makes it a point to never consider government fiscal policy. The Fed didn't create inflation all on their own, despite efforts by you and apparently this tweeter to make it seem that way. Heck, he even brings up Russia, as if we didn't have an inflation problem before they invaded Ukraine. I'm not misunderstanding anything, I'm just pointing out that you are again obfuscating the issue to try to score a message board post score.
(Takes a look around)

I’m not sure you’re aware of where you’re at.

There’s of course potential greater depth to that particular conversation. I’m honestly glad you opened the tweet thread. I didn’t. My intent is just a snarky tweet to the overwhelming sentiment that ‘Biden created everything I don’t like’. Inflation has multiple factors. The fact it’s happening throughout western democracies regardless of ideological control is strong evidence that it goes beyond just Biden and our FED. You can take it and run with it as much as you’d like. Feel free to report back with your findings. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Enlighten us ... what is the point of the tweet?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Has this guy ever been right?

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:55 am Has this guy ever been right?

Just watch how they will try to spin things. The stock market goes back up to 33,000 and they will say that the markets have increased 8% and ignore the drop that got us to 30,000. And next year when inflation is at 3% (dare to dream!) they'll tout the reduction because most people won't thinking about the compounding effect of the 10% inflation from this year. JSO will be posting graphs that start in 2022 and telling us everything is good.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:55 am Has this guy ever been right?

Just watch how they will try to spin things. The stock market goes back up to 33,000 and they will say that the markets have increased 8% and ignore the drop that got us to 30,000. And next year when inflation is at 3% (dare to dream!) they'll tout the reduction because most people won't thinking about the compounding effect of the 10% inflation from this year. JSO will be posting graphs that start in 2022 and telling us everything is good.
Yes they will. And it's also what Trump and the MAGAts would do if he'd won the 2020 election and was POTUS during this crisis.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:24 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm

Yes they will. And it's also what Trump and the MAGAts would do if he'd won the 2020 election and was POTUS during this crisis.
This crisis wouldn’t BE here if Trump was president. At least many many aspects of this crisis. It’s largely of Biden’s creation.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:18 pm
This crisis wouldn’t BE here if Trump was president. At least many many aspects of this crisis. It’s largely of Biden’s creation.
I disagree. We would still have a crisis, it might not be quite as bad because the last stimulus package probably isn't signed but that's 1 out of 6.5 packages. Would the Fed have acted differently if Trump were POTUS? Maybe but I still don't think they act as quickly and aggressively as they should have. Trump probably wouldn't have wanted them to. He would have b!tched and moaned about anything that might have made him look bad and putting the breaks on the economy could have done that.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:28 pm

I disagree. We would still have a crisis, it might not be quite as bad because the last stimulus package probably isn't signed but that's 1 out of 6.5 packages. Would the Fed have acted differently if Trump were POTUS? Maybe but I still don't think they act as quickly and aggressively as they should have. Trump probably wouldn't have wanted them to. He would have b!tched and moaned about anything that might have made him look bad and putting the breaks on the economy could have done that.
2 out of 4 packages.

Wouldn’t have had 3rd of the big so called Covid Relief bills. (it was 1/3rd of of the so called Covid Relief expenditures). +the infrastructure wouldn’t have been signed.

+gas prices wouldn’t be as high. Instead of having the guy who campiagned on ‘We’re going to eliminate fossil fuels’ would have the guy who said we’re going to drill baby drill. The markets would have reacted differently to that. + no slew of anti fossil fuel EOs 1st day in office (Keystone XL, ANWR, new fed leases, etc).+no stonewalling on the permits. And maybe Putin doesn’t invade UKraine.

So even IF the fed hadn’t acted differently on interest rates, and even IF Putin still invaded Ukraine, you’re lower on govt spending and gas prices, 2 of the 3 biggest drivers of inflation.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bingo. The majority of the electorate can see that, and will vote accordingly this fall.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This. The stupid decision on the shutdown is why we are where we are. The dumbass "stimulus packages" are the cherry on top. Trump was pro-shutdown.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:28 pm

2 out of 4 packages.

Wouldn’t have had 3rd of the big so called Covid Relief bills. (it was 1/3rd of of the so called Covid Relief expenditures). +the infrastructure wouldn’t have been signed.

+gas prices wouldn’t be as high. Instead of having the guy who campiagned on ‘We’re going to eliminate fossil fuels’ would have the guy who said we’re going to drill baby drill. The markets would have reacted differently to that. + no slew of anti fossil fuel EOs 1st day in office (Keystone XL, ANWR, new fed leases, etc).+no stonewalling on the permits. And maybe Putin doesn’t invade UKraine.

So even IF the fed hadn’t acted differently on interest rates, and even IF Putin still invaded Ukraine, you’re lower on govt spending and gas prices, 2 of the 3 biggest drivers of inflation.
Agree about the gas prices. Trump wouldn't have declared war on the energy sector like Biden has. But see my post above. Trump is responsible for some of this.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:28 pm
2 out of 4 packages.

Agree about the gas prices. Trump wouldn't have declared war on the energy sector like Biden has. But see my post above. Trump is responsible for some of this.
I agree Trump gets some of the blame. As far as the inflation caused by extra spending, looking at the #s from the so called Covid releif bills + so called infrastructure bill (I got 6.3 trillion) I think the blame goes 75% Biden/25% Trump.

I don’t think Trump should get blamed for the March 20’ bills. The 1st major one (2.2 trillion) and 2 little (113 billion combined) iwere passed nearly unanimously, because no one knew what we were dealing with. Remember Jan 21’, 10 months after they were passed, inflation was only 1.4%.

For the 2nd major bill (900 billion), still bipartisan, but some conk opposition, when Trump was lame duck, I blame Trump for that.

Biden gets the blame on the 1.9 trillion in March 21’. (I said my previous post Biden was responsible for 1/3 of the Covid spending. Actually closer to 40%).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_relief_bill
I think that March 21’ bill was the one that burst the inflation bubble. By March 21’ we knew what we had, and had a vaccine out for 3 months. That 3rd bill paid people enhanced unemployment for another 6 months until the fall 21’, causing the spring & summer 21’ labor shortages & labor cost increases. And a 3rd round of stimulus checks which was pouring gas on a simmering inflation fire.

And Biden added another 1.2 trillion from the magic trees with the so called infrastructure bill.

As far as the portion of the inflation caused by rising gas prices, I think Biden gets 90% of the blame for this. I don’t know of anything Trump did to cause gas prices to go up. Biden said and did numerous things to cause them to rise. +his weakness did nothing to discourage Putin from invading the UKR.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:33 pm

I agree Trump gets some of the blame. As far as the inflation caused by extra spending, looking at the #s from the so called Covid releif bills + so called infrastructure bill (I got 6.3 trillion) I think the blame goes 75% Biden/25% Trump.

I don’t think Trump should get blamed for the March 20’ bills. The 1st major one (2.2 trillion) and 2 little (113 billion combined) iwere passed nearly unanimously, because no one knew what we were dealing with. Remember Jan 21’, 10 months after they were passed, inflation was only 1.4%.

For the 2nd major bill (900 billion), still bipartisan, but some conk opposition, when Trump was lame duck, I blame Trump for that.

Biden gets the blame on the 1.9 trillion in March 21’. (I said my previous post Biden was responsible for 1/3 of the Covid spending. Actually closer to 40%).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_relief_bill
I think that March 21’ bill was the one that burst the inflation bubble. By March 21’ we knew what we had, and had a vaccine out for 3 months. That 3rd bill paid people enhanced unemployment for another 6 months until the fall 21’, causing the spring & summer 21’ labor shortages & labor cost increases. And a 3rd round of stimulus checks which was pouring gas on a simmering inflation fire.

And Biden added another 1.2 trillion from the magic trees with the so called infrastructure bill.

As far as the portion of the inflation caused by rising gas prices, I think Biden gets 90% of the blame for this. I don’t know of anything Trump did to cause gas prices to go up. Biden said and did numerous things to cause them to rise. +his weakness did nothing to discourage Putin from invading the UKR.
Didn't bother with the breakdown you posted. I'm fine with assigning percentage of fault based on percentage of bailout money passed based on who was in office when they passed. And inflation would not be immediately seen once passed. It takes time for all that bailout money to hit the economy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:15 am
Right now our avg gas tax nationwide (API) is 57+ cents a gallon (not factoring in many states have suspended the state portion of their gas tax). Gas avg nationwide (AAA) is about $4.85.

Europe prices are higher because they tax the piss out of it (several dollars a gallon, it was the majority of the cost, maybe not anymore). I assume its not just for roads but to subsidze their public transit and other stuff. Land wise the US is 2.5x the size of the EU. The EU is more densely populated. Their cities and towns (even the smaller ones) are more compact. Most live in densely populated cities and towns, or the country, making public transit is more feasable. They don’t have the spread out suburbs and exurbs like we do. People commute and drive shorter distances. Their model wouldnt work over here.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Gasoline in Belgium in 2016 was $1.43 per liter…

https://knoema.com/atlas/Belgium/Gasoline-price

Converting that to gallons, and using standard inflation figures, that is equivalent to $6.57 a gallon (without any increase due to cutting off Russian oil, and OPEC increases) or any increases in the tax structure since 2016…

So, should Biden be blamed for the high price of gasoline in Belgium??? No, the high price is due basically to the European proclivity to tax the living shit out of gasoline, along with some Putin war increases…

What’s the point of the question…
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Who the fuck cares what the price of gas in Belgium is? Seriously….
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:Who the fuck cares what the price of gas in Belgium is? Seriously….
Belgians? ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:18 am
AZGrizFan wrote:Who the fuck cares what the price of gas in Belgium is? Seriously….
Belgians? ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I guess I deserved that one. :dunce:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

'When the US sneezes, the rest of the world gets a cold.'
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Darn those gas station moguls. :lol:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.