Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:06 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:04 pm
Missed it then. :ohno:

A coworker and my myself were having that conversation just yesterday. I think it would be worth looking into at least on the high level side.
There was a Twitter account called Pelosi Portfolio Tracker that highlighted Pelosi's trades and activities. Surprisingly Twitter shut it down. :roll:

And then there's this
They should be restricted to mutual funds, ETFs, etc. No company-specific trading
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:04 pm

Missed it then. :ohno:

A coworker and my myself were having that conversation just yesterday. I think it would be worth looking into at least on the high level side.
There was a Twitter account called Pelosi Portfolio Tracker that highlighted Pelosi's trades and activities. Surprisingly Twitter shut it down. :roll:

And then there's this
Insider trading for Pelosi? That’ll keep the old Botox Bitch in bourbon.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:44 pm

And then there's this
They should be restricted to mutual funds, ETFs, etc. No company-specific trading
:nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

And then there's this
I posted long ago that there should be two mutual funds - one of companies that Dems love and one of companies that Republicans love. Those are their options..oh and if you're a Democrat you HAVE TO invest in Republican companies and vice versa.

And no FAANG stocks. That's just too easy. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

There's a reason why these folks stay in these jobs well into their 80's or even their 90's, if they live that long, while ordinary folks try to retire in their 60's. The insane amount of money you can make while being an elected official is just overwhelming. Why would you purposely leave a gig where you pretty much have little to no responsibility to do anything and can insider trade on stuff until the cows come home and get filthy rich? What a system.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:25 am There's a reason why these folks stay in these jobs well into their 80's or even their 90's, if they live that long, while ordinary folks try to retire in their 60's. The insane amount of money you can make while being an elected official is just overwhelming. Why would you purposely leave a gig where you pretty much have little to no responsibility to do anything and can insider trade on stuff until the cows come home and get filthy rich? What a system.
Because you have to spend at least part of the year on the East Coast…duh!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:37 pm

And engage in the stock market with insider knowledge.
Speaking of insider trading. Have you seen the Business Insider series of articles they are coming out with?
The nation is unabashedly polarized. Republicans and Democrats enjoy little goodwill and less commonality.

But in Washington, DC, a bipartisan phenomenon is thriving. Numerous members of Congress, both liberal and conservative, are united in their demonstrated indifference toward a law designed to quash corruption and curb conflicts-of-interest.

Insider's new investigative reporting project, "Conflicted Congress," chronicles the myriad ways members of the US House and Senate have eviscerated their own ethical standards, avoided consequences, and blinded Americans to the many moments when lawmakers' personal finances clash with their public duties.

In all, Insider spent hundreds of hours over five months reviewing nearly 9,000 financial-disclosure reports for every sitting lawmaker and their top-ranking staffers. Reporters conducted hundreds of interviews, including those with some of the nation's most powerful leaders.

Beginning December 13 and running one week, Insider is publishing more than two-dozen articles and data visualizations that reveal:

49 members of Congress and 182 senior-level congressional staffers who have violated a federal conflicts-of-interest law.
Nearly 75 federal lawmakers who held stocks in COVID-19 vaccine makers Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Pfizer in 2020, with many of them buying or selling these stocks in the early weeks of the pandemic.
15 lawmakers tasked with shaping US defense policy that actively invest in military contractors.
More than a dozen environmentally-minded Democrats who invest in fossil fuel companies or other corporations with concerning environmental track records.
Members who regularly chide "the media" but personally pour their money into at least one of the nation's largest news media or social media companies, including Facebook, Twitter, Comcast, Disney, and the New York Times Co.
16 lawmakers who buy and hold tobacco company stock, including some who have publicly fought smoking.
Senators, House members, and top Capitol Hill staffers who will help decide whether the government regulates cryptocurrency — and are themselves invested in bitcoin and altcoins.
25 wealthiest members of Congress and where they put their money.
50 most popular stock holdings among members of Congress.
https://www.businessinsider.com/conflic ... ng-2021-12
Proves that the Capitol is a building full of crooks, thieves, and liars. And yet people get upset, and are more worried about, a bunch of people tresspassing in a a building full of crooks, thieves amd liars, then they are about the far worse actions of the building full of crooks, thieves, and liars.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm Speaking of insider trading. Have you seen the Business Insider series of articles they are coming out with?
Proves that the Capitol is a building full of crooks, thieves, and liars. And yet people get upset, and are more worried about, a bunch of people tresspassing in a a building full of crooks, thieves amd liars, then they are about the far worse actions of the building full of crooks, thieves, and liars.
You are correct. Maybe part of the problem was that the people trespassing in the Capitol were doing it to advance the interests and lies of a crook, thief and liar that was occupying the White House at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Wing prices have gotten out of hand....thanks a lot, Biden! :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:54 pm Wing prices have gotten out of hand....thanks a lot, Biden! :tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand:
They should just let them go so they can grow new wings. I hear Red Bull works wonders.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Biden is now mandating that health insurance cover at home Covid testing. 8 tests per month per person. There's already a shortage of tests and now this will make it worse. How much is health insurance going to go up next year? How much fraud is going to go on with this? Heard on the news this morning it could cost insurance companies $48 billion/month.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Gas is up a little, thats about it here. Prices always go up, its still early to be whining. If you're having trouble making ends meet get a second job, they're everywhere.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

And then there's this
:nod:

HDubya put his shit in a blind trust while he was Prez, as should be law while holding elected office
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:11 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Speaking of insider trading. Have you seen the Business Insider series of articles they are coming out with?

Proves that the Capitol is a building full of crooks, thieves, and liars. And yet people get upset, and are more worried about, a bunch of people trespassing in a a building full of crooks, thieves amd liars, then they are about the far worse actions of the building full of crooks, thieves, and liars.
I know you don't like responses to your posts coming after some arbitrary time but plenty of people are upset about both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:11 pm
Proves that the Capitol is a building full of crooks, thieves, and liars. And yet people get upset, and are more worried about, a bunch of people trespassing in a a building full of crooks, thieves amd liars, then they are about the far worse actions of the building full of crooks, thieves, and liars.
I know you don't like responses to your posts coming after some arbitrary time but plenty of people are upset about both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. :coffee:
You could have said that 4 weeks ago. Why the wait? :?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:15 pm
Southerners just operate slower than the rest of us.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I didn't see it 4 weeks ago.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:02 pm
You posted 2 posts after it :suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 pm
Question: When you post in a thread, do you go back and reread every post you missed? Every time?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am
Question: When you post in a thread, do you go back and reread every post you missed? Every time?
I’ll either:
-Read to the end of the thread before responding
-Respond and then continue reading to the end of the thread.

So I’m rarely missing any posts in a thread I post on, except for the ones from JSO and Densedawg that I skip over.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:18 pm

I’ll either:

So I’m rarely missing any posts in a thread I post on, except for the ones from JSO and Densedawg that I skip over.
:lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I have severe OCD and I’ll either:

I expect everyone to use a similar approach and because of my OCD, I can't resist calling them out when they don't.
Fixed for accuracy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:14 pm
I have severe OCD and I’ll either:

I expect everyone to use a similar approach and because of my OCD, I can't resist calling them out when they don't.
Fixed for accuracy.
:jack: :tothehand:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hope everyone has got some food stocked.
https://www.reuters.com/business/us-gro ... 022-01-14/
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Doesn't mean I read every post before mine. :roll: Think, McFly! Think!