DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Re: 2021 Elections

Post by DSUrocks07 »

UNI88 wrote:The Democratic Turnout Myth Unravels

Democrats aren't the only ones with delusions about what happened in Virginia ...
And John Fredericks, the conservative talk radio host who was chairman of Trump’s 2016 and 2020 campaigns in Virginia, credited Youngkin’s victory to his building an “election integrity task force” to monitor polling places across the state.
Fredericks believes this despite the report that
Youngkin’s poll watchers, according to a Washington Post account of their activities during early voting, observed Virginia’s voting process and concluded it was free of the fraud that Trump and others baselessly claim exists. And there were no significant reports of voter intimidation from Republican poll watchers, as Democrats had feared.
“Higher turnout among Democrats increases our chances of winning,” Cecil said. “Higher turnout overall does not do that.”

Most important thing that people always lose sight of. 99 times out of 100, the reason that a candidate loses an election isn't because more people voted for the other guy, it's because not enough people showed up to vote for you.

Democrats got millions of their voters to the polls and convinced independents that Brandon was the answer to all their problems, too many Republicans sat out the election in 2020 or voted for Brandon as well.

Now on the flip side, I fully expect the GOP to rally their supporters to show up for the midterms and the lackluster results from the Dem controlled government will get enough independent voters to flip both the House and Senate back to Republican control.

Voter ID is a red herring. There's a really easy answer to that question, standardize drivers license's and state IDs as being free for all US citizens, and non citizens who get them have a distinguishing feature that shows immediately that they aren't a US citizen, then have voter registration explicitly tied to those forms of ID. When you update your ID, it updates your voter registration. All vote are electronically processed and available for viewing on a state maintained website once you enter your DL or state ID number.

But both sides use the issue to rally their supporters in a fervor about it. Whatever works, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Democrats aren't the only ones with delusions about what happened in Virginia ...

“Higher turnout among Democrats increases our chances of winning,” Cecil said. “Higher turnout overall does not do that.”

Most important thing that people always lose sight of. 99 times out of 100, the reason that a candidate loses an election isn't because more people voted for the other guy, it's because not enough people showed up to vote for you.

Democrats got millions of their voters to the polls and convinced independents that Brandon was the answer to all their problems, too many Republicans sat out the election in 2020 or voted for Brandon as well.

Now on the flip side, I fully expect the GOP to rally their supporters to show up for the midterms and the lackluster results from the Dem controlled government will get enough independent voters to flip both the House and Senate back to Republican control.

Voter ID is a red herring. There's a really easy answer to that question, standardize drivers license's and state IDs as being free for all US citizens, and non citizens who get them have a distinguishing feature that shows immediately that they aren't a US citizen, then have voter registration explicitly tied to those forms of ID. When you update your ID, it updates your voter registration. All vote are electronically processed and available for viewing on a state maintained website once you enter your DL or state ID number.

But both sides use the issue to rally their supporters in a fervor about it. Whatever works, I guess.

There's a pretty easy answer to most firebrand issues that the sides use to rally their supporters...what good would it do to actually SOLVE anything? Then the issue becomes unusable to get the single issue voters out of their recliners....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

DSUrocks07 wrote:

Here’s the thing though, in ref to Virginia -

Both Dem and GOP voters showed up in highly elevated numbers. In fact, under normal circumstances, the Dem turnout would have guaranteed McAuliffe the win. But the Dems completely misread their mandate in 2020, which was to just be normal and let things settle after Trump. They went for radical change and pandered to their looney base, just like GOP pols pander to MAGAworld. And until they stop doing that, they will be in the wilderness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

CID1990 wrote:Youngkin is going to win Va

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:24 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Yeah I’ll stand by it despite the border crisis. Is your concern the Covid spike it created or Let’s Go Brandon?
My concern is the double standard applied to literally EVERYTHING related to the COVID pandemic by the democrats. From the way they badmouthed the vaccine to the way they STILL handle the border crisis (and it’s related covid spread).
How about the double standard of proclaiming the vaccine as a hoax that would disappear after November 4 when you were one of the very first to be vaccinated? Is that different than the democrats double standard? Asking for a friend. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Youngkin wasting no time. 1st day in office:
Executive Order Number One delivers on his Day One promise to restore excellence in education by ending the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education.

Executive Order Number Two delivers on his Day One promise to empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school.

Executive Order Number Three delivers on his Day One promise to restore integrity and confidence in the Parole Board of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Executive Order Number Four delivers on his Day One promise to investigate wrongdoing in Loudoun County.

Executive Order Number Five delivers on his Day One promise to make government work for Virginians by creating the Commonwealth Chief Transformation Officer.

Executive Order Number Six delivers on his Day One promise to declare Virginia open for business.

Executive Order Number Seven delivers on his Day One promise to combat and prevent human trafficking and provide support to survivors.

Executive Order Number Eight delivers on his Day One promise to establish a commission to combat antisemitism.

Executive Order Number Nine delivers on his Day One promise to withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).

Executive Directive Number One delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to jumpstart our economy by cutting job killing regulations by 25 percent.

Executive Directive Number Two delivers on his fulfilling his Day One promise to restore individual freedoms and personal privacy by rescinding the vaccine mandate for all state employees.
https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2022/01/ ... ce-n507258
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »