Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: SUV plows through WI Christmas parade, numerous fatalities

Post by houndawg »

LeadBolt wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:50 am It appears to me that both parties have moved left.

The Democrats have done so at a furious pace.

The Republicans have had a couple of slight moves right but seem to be slightly left of where they started.

This narrative does not line up with the deep state, corrupt press and politicians narrative, and ultra wealthy cyberspace Scions drumbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they're nowhere near being to the left of where they started.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:48 am Give us some concrete examples of how today's Republican platform is soooooo far right. Are they trying to roll back things Republicans implemented back then or just opposed to adding on to them?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
The Republican Party platform for Eisenhower's re-election campaign in 1956 is a concrete example.
Remind me, was that election before or after the "party switch".

Because compared to Adlai Stevenson and the nation platform of the party, the Democrat have DEFINITELY moved further left today than where they were in '56.

http://presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/19 ... y-platform

Hell, I might run under that platform as a Conk TODAY and get major support. People are quick to forget that Trumpism is a more liberal wing of the traditional GOP when you actually look at the proposals.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:48 am Give us some concrete examples of how today's Republican platform is soooooo far right. Are they trying to roll back things Republicans implemented back then or just opposed to adding on to them?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
The Republican Party platform for Eisenhower's re-election campaign in 1956 is a concrete example.
That's a vague reference. Maybe you'll be more coherent after the nurse gives you your meds. I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. I'm pulling for you!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:33 am
houndawg wrote:
I'm not saying the Democrats aren't hypocrites, and gutless ones at that. I'm saying that the Republicans platform has moved a lot further than the Democrats platform has since 1956.
And I'm saying that the Democrats have moved rapidly further in the last 15 years with their so called "societal mandate" than the more gradual shift that Republicans have made since 65 years.

Which is why they're facing so much resistance to these sudden changes and all they've done in response is name calling and claiming the intellectual and moral high ground without any further explanation.

This.

It's obvious that dementiadawg hasn't even read the 1956 Conk platform, and he damn sure doesn't want to compare it to the '56 Donk platform.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:25 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 am

That's a vague reference. Maybe you'll be more coherent after the nurse gives you your meds. I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. I'm pulling for you!
its all over the internet, have one of your kids look it up for you. If they laugh at you try "Republican party platform 1956". :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:38 am
DSUrocks07 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:33 am And I'm saying that the Democrats have moved rapidly further in the last 15 years with their so called "societal mandate" than the more gradual shift that Republicans have made since 65 years.

Which is why they're facing so much resistance to these sudden changes and all they've done in response is name calling and claiming the intellectual and moral high ground without any further explanation.

This.

It's obvious that dementiadawg hasn't even read the 1956 Conk platform, and he damn sure doesn't want to compare it to the '56 Donk platform.
Its on snopes, if you have somebody that can read it to you. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:25 am
its all over the internet, have one of your kids look it up for you. If they laugh at you try "Republican party platform 1956". :coffee:
You posted it, back it up.

Just because you're a liberal Democrat doesn't mean I should do the work for you. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:56 am

Just because you're a liberal Democrat doesn't mean I should do the work for you. :coffee:
If I cared what you think, I would. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:03 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:02 pm

If I had something, I would. :coffee:
Yep!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: BLM activist drives SUV through WI Christmas parade, numerous fatalities

Post by BDKJMU »

Darrell Brooks, the 40-year-old Milwaukee man accused of plowing a Ford Escape SUV through a Christmas parade in nearby Waukesha last year, has been found guilty of six intentional first-degree homicide counts and dozens of other charges — Wisconsin's equivalent of murder — in a trial over the deaths of six and injuries to dozens more….
https://www.foxnews.com/us/darrell-broo ... e-massacre
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 pm The left just keeps pushing me further and further right. I used to be getting pretty close to middle ground, but fuck each and every neo-liberal out there.
Lefties are such meanies. :crybaby: