Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Kim Potter Trial

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:23 am
Keep your mouth shut farmboy. :twisted:
Redirecting all Waze Traffic in the Mid-Atlantic to your street.
:lol: That would be an awesome hack!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:52 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:23 am

Keep your mouth shut farmboy. :twisted:
Redirecting all Waze Traffic in the Mid-Atlantic to your street.
I wonder if I could get one of the ricer FB sites to do a street race up and down his neighboorhood? :party:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:07 am

Doing 85mph down a mountain in a 45mph zone, with a full load of lumber, makes him not only an idiot but also criminally stupid. His brakes could of been in perfect condition and slamming on them at that speed, with that load, isn't going to do much but make a cloud of smoke and burn them out almost immediately. There isn't a brake system on the road that candle that (which is why they make run-off lanes) much heat. My CDL testing covered that situation and the guy I learned from also explained it to me (as should of (did) his company).

I would agree with the judge that he is not 110 years guilty, but he is definitely at fault.
Yup, I agree. That's a case where some punishment (jail) is certainly merited. 110 years is just absurd.
:nod:

110 years is what you give the guy that drives his car into crowd of protesters and kills somebody
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am
Yup, I agree. That's a case where some punishment (jail) is certainly merited. 110 years is just absurd.

110 years is what you give the guy that drives his car into a Christmas parade and kills somebody.
FYP
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm :nod:

110 years is what you give the guy that drives his car into a Christmas parade and kills somebody.
FYP
Damn 88 you beat me to it

HD can be forgiven for forgetting about it since the media forgot about it a couple weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:51 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm

FYP
I can only assume he's still talking Charlottesville where a white supremacist used a car to plow into a crowd and kill somebody. Not the parade where an SUV went out of control.

FTR, he did get a life sentence.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:02 am
UNI88 wrote:
FYP

HD can be forgiven for forgetting about it since the media forgot about it a couple weeks ago
Yes, they have forgotten about it but haven't forgotten Charlottesville.

Would they have forgotten if a white person had crashed into a parade of African Americans? Would the white person be charged with a hate crime? Is it racist for prosecutors to treat a black person differently than they would a white person?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Would they have forgotten if a white person had crashed into a parade of African Americans? Would the white person be charged with a hate crime? Is it racist for prosecutors to treat a black person differently than they would a white person?
Media wouldn't have LET them forget. Remember, it wasn't a black man who plowed into the parade. It was an SUV. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:02 am Damn 88 you beat me to it

Hell something like that might actually compete with Jan 6

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Why do you refer to white people as white, but black people as African American?

Why not white/black, or European American/African American for consistency?

Yeah, not all white people come from Europe. But not all black people come from Africa.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:06 pm Yes, they have forgotten about it but haven't forgotten Charlottesville.

Why do you refer to white people as white, but black people as African American?

Yeah, not all white people come from Europe. But not all black people come from Africa.
I do it to trigger insecure bigots. :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:11 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Why do you refer to white people as white, but black people as African American?

I do it to trigger insecure bigots. :D

So you’re an insecure bigot? Ok..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:24 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:11 pm I do it to trigger insecure bigots. :D

So you’re an insecure bigot? Ok..
Whooooo, an "I'm rubber, you're glue" burn!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Guilty on all charges. That's somewhat surprising to me.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I feel misled. I thought Potter and the McMichaels wouldn't have a chance to be convicted....because white supremacy (or something).
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:35 pm I feel misled. I thought Potter and the McMichaels wouldn't have a chance to be convicted....because white supremacy (or something).
What would have happened without video evidence?
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Watched her trial. Somewhat shocked first degree stuck but not entirely. Second degree was lock IMO.

Her testimony alone was enough to be damming 15 times over.

She said the stop shouldn’t have been made. She said she wouldn’t have made the stop if she was driving and wasn’t field training. She said she wished she would have told the training officer to not pull him over.

He was pulled over for a scent tree on the mirror, the wrong blinker being on, and expired tags which they were under direct orders not to pull people over for, per her own testimony.

She admitted the training officer made several mistakes during the stop leading up to that moment.

Wright didn’t provide an ID so the “he had a warrant” goes out the window because they didn’t have confirmation of who it was - by her own words

They escalated because there was a female in the car, who they didn’t ask for ID for at all so they had no idea if he was breaking any protection orders by being around the wrong female. Basically it escalated because he isn’t allowed to be around 1 female so they assumed that out of the 4 billion women in the world it was that exact female in the car with him without asking for ID from her and without confirming which Daunte Wright they were speaking too. Multiple Daunte Wrights came back in the system. They just happened to guess the right one but had no proof it was the right one.

She drew a weapon, even if it would have been ataser, and used it on a person in the driver seat of a car that was on while he was unarmed and putting zero cops in harms away of potentially killing an LEO.

Also against protocols.

She was also very flippant about the training she went through regarding weapons. Her actions make that clear and even more so her testimony after made it clear she couldn’t have given a fuck less.

Oh and she spent 12 years as a crisis negotiator yet somehow “didn’t know how to handle things getting crazy” in this situation and is 12 years as a negotiator never dealt with a situation that was stressful, or at least that stressful.

She didn’t mean to kill him. I 100% believe that.

However, she did. No one’s lives were in danger if he isn’t shot or tased. She was out of control. She was out of he depth. It was clear she didn’t give a single fuck about any training she had gone through leading up to that point and even in a trial against her for illegal use of force she couldn’t have given a shit less about what she would have been trained on.

And in that she killed someone who, even with a warrant, wasn’t given a death penalty by the court and even if he was it’s not on the police to serve the killing moment to him.

Hell, within seconds of the trigger being pulled she is in video talking about how she is going to prison. She didn’t carry her job out - which requires her to report shots fired. She didn’t go provide aid, which is required by law. She didn’t brief any other officers as to what happened, as required by law. She had been a patrol officer for 26 years and didn’t know how to handle a traffic stop that didn’t go “perfectly smooth”. She moved from the passenger side of the car to the driver side, pulled a weapon and shot him.

She deserves to be held accountable for the killing of Daunte Wright. Period. Her badge doesn’t protect her from being reckless, out of control, and out of her depth. She killed him and it wasn’t self defense by any stretch of the word.

Also the motion for bail because “it’s Christmas and she’s catholic” was fucking laughable. She’s also a flight risk. They led the state within days of the incident happened. They moved to a different part of the country. You let her on bail and flies home until sentencing there is more reason to believe than not that she is leaving the country.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Her lawyers messed up by not concentrating on her remorse.

1st degre because White died from a firearm during a misdemeanor arrest.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

She shouldn’t have been on the street at all.

It won’t do anything to keep departments from certifying incapable cops, but maybe it will make some of these fair weather cops consider staying indoors or switching over to EMT or dispatcher or something.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Doing 85mph down a mountain in a 45mph zone, with a full load of lumber, makes him not only an idiot but also criminally stupid. His brakes could of been in perfect condition and slamming on them at that speed, with that load, isn't going to do much but make a cloud of smoke and burn them out almost immediately. There isn't a brake system on the road that candle that (which is why they make run-off lanes) much heat. My CDL testing covered that situation and the guy I learned from also explained it to me (as should of (did) his company).

I would agree with the judge that he is not 110 years guilty, but he is definitely at fault.
CO donk gov commuted sentence to 10 years.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-sen ... el-mederos
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:07 pm

10 years is about right.

And there is no need to worry about him having a repeat incident as his CDL is gone with having a criminal record.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:14 pm
10 years is about right.

And there is no need to worry about him having a repeat incident as his CDL is gone with having a criminal record.
According to another article its more like 5 to 10 years, as one of outraged family member of the victims pointed out, there is the possibility of being out in 5. If that’s true, probably too light a sentence IMHOP. 10 years sounds about right, so a 20 year sentence to get the guaranteed 10 years would be more apprppriate..Also why commute the sentence before the 1/13 resentencing hearing where according to this victims brother, the prosecutor was going to reccomend 20-30 years..Smells like politics got involved..
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/01/01/ ... a-mederos/
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

clenz wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:23 pm Watched her trial. Somewhat shocked first degree stuck but not entirely. Second degree was lock IMO.

Her testimony alone was enough to be damming 15 times over.

She said the stop shouldn’t have been made. She said she wouldn’t have made the stop if she was driving and wasn’t field training. She said she wished she would have told the training officer to not pull him over.

He was pulled over for a scent tree on the mirror, the wrong blinker being on, and expired tags which they were under direct orders not to pull people over for, per her own testimony.

She admitted the training officer made several mistakes during the stop leading up to that moment.

Wright didn’t provide an ID so the “he had a warrant” goes out the window because they didn’t have confirmation of who it was - by her own words

They escalated because there was a female in the car, who they didn’t ask for ID for at all so they had no idea if he was breaking any protection orders by being around the wrong female. Basically it escalated because he isn’t allowed to be around 1 female so they assumed that out of the 4 billion women in the world it was that exact female in the car with him without asking for ID from her and without confirming which Daunte Wright they were speaking too. Multiple Daunte Wrights came back in the system. They just happened to guess the right one but had no proof it was the right one.

She drew a weapon, even if it would have been ataser, and used it on a person in the driver seat of a car that was on while he was unarmed and putting zero cops in harms away of potentially killing an LEO.

Also against protocols.

She was also very flippant about the training she went through regarding weapons. Her actions make that clear and even more so her testimony after made it clear she couldn’t have given a fuck less.

Oh and she spent 12 years as a crisis negotiator yet somehow “didn’t know how to handle things getting crazy” in this situation and is 12 years as a negotiator never dealt with a situation that was stressful, or at least that stressful.

She didn’t mean to kill him. I 100% believe that.

However, she did. No one’s lives were in danger if he isn’t shot or tased. She was out of control. She was out of he depth. It was clear she didn’t give a single fuck about any training she had gone through leading up to that point and even in a trial against her for illegal use of force she couldn’t have given a shit less about what she would have been trained on.

And in that she killed someone who, even with a warrant, wasn’t given a death penalty by the court and even if he was it’s not on the police to serve the killing moment to him.

Hell, within seconds of the trigger being pulled she is in video talking about how she is going to prison. She didn’t carry her job out - which requires her to report shots fired. She didn’t go provide aid, which is required by law. She didn’t brief any other officers as to what happened, as required by law. She had been a patrol officer for 26 years and didn’t know how to handle a traffic stop that didn’t go “perfectly smooth”. She moved from the passenger side of the car to the driver side, pulled a weapon and shot him.

She deserves to be held accountable for the killing of Daunte Wright. Period. Her badge doesn’t protect her from being reckless, out of control, and out of her depth. She killed him and it wasn’t self defense by any stretch of the word.

Also the motion for bail because “it’s Christmas and she’s catholic” was fucking laughable. She’s also a flight risk. They led the state within days of the incident happened. They moved to a different part of the country. You let her on bail and flies home until sentencing there is more reason to believe than not that she is leaving the country.

All that incompetence and she was assigned to train people? You'd think when training one might want to do things right.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:14 pm
10 years is about right.

So he makes all those mistakes over an extended period, acting willfully, and kills four people. She makes a mistake in a heated moment, kills ONE person, and is going to jail longer than the truck driver.

Makes perfect sense.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12