UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:43 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:34 am
Well, the crowd at the rally was peaceful. The crowd at the Capitol was not very peaceful at all. And if by "a few" you mean several hundred, then yes, it was just "a few".

Trump clearly wanted to void the election and retain power. That's pretty bad. Luckily he wasn't very skilled at that and he didn't have a lot of support to do that.

But I do agree, Obama's administration's actions, shockingly not even done all that discreetly, were probably worse. Even worse, you still have apologists like kalmy, knowing what we know now, brushing it off like it doesn't even merit discussion. The Washington Post had it wrong, democracy doesn't die in darkness, it dies when supposedly rational people let partisan fervor get in the way of reasonably assessing political actions.
There weren’t several hundred. And only a few dozen actually got what could be considered “violent”. 99% of the crowd at the capitol was very, very peaceful. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it was a ‘mostly peaceful’ protest….(see what I did there)….so it should have fallen right in line with established protest guidelines as defined by the left.
I realize that you're downplaying January 6 in response to Kalm but they were in the US Capitol building attempting to overthrow a presidential election. It was egregious even if it was "mostly peaceful" and anyone that encouraged them owns it just as much as people who voted Biden own the current mess.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 am

There weren’t several hundred. And only a few dozen actually got what could be considered “violent”. 99% of the crowd at the capitol was very, very peaceful. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it was a ‘mostly peaceful’ protest….(see what I did there)….so it should have fallen right in line with established protest guidelines as defined by the left.
I realize that you're downplaying January 6 in response to Kalm but they were in the US Capitol building attempting to overthrow a presidential election. It was egregious even if it was "mostly peaceful" and anyone that encouraged them owns it just as much as people who voted Biden own the current mess.
Worst insurrection ever. Not one person brought a gun that was arrested.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:02 am

Worst insurrection ever. Not one person brought a gun that was arrested.
Except the FBI guys who instigated it all….they were locked and loaded.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:05 am

Why do you think the Jan 6 commission won't release the video surveillance of the "insurrection"? Because like you said 99% would be people milling around taking photos.

On a separate note, why did Nancy Pelosi turn down Trump's offer to provide 10k in National Guardsman?
Why did Mitch McConnel? You conks love to ignore (or just don't know) that it wasn't just Nancy's call. It was Mitch's as well.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:05 am

Why do you think the Jan 6 commission won't release the video surveillance of the "insurrection"? Because like you said 99% would be people milling around taking photos.

On a separate note, why did Nancy Pelosi turn down Trump's offer to provide 10k in National Guardsman?
Why did Mitch McConnel? You conks love to ignore (or just don't know) that it wasn't just Nancy's call. It was Mitch's as well.
Him too then. I hate that fucker too. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:56 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:52 pm
This is where ignorance and lack of due diligence creates a problem for the MAGA argument. Pelosi and McConnel are NOT responsible for security at the US Capital. That's the purview of the Capital Police and congressional committees. Ted Cruz, on such a committee, confirmed that there was no request or any discussions. Trump also never made and offer or gave an order for guardsman - and why would he if he was planning a beautiful perfect peaceful protest? The Pentagon has no record of any order. There was a discussion with Miller the night before that's it...just a discussion.

Trump and Republicans are trying to change the story/create scapegoats for saying there was a lack of security.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:54 pm

This is where ignorance and lack of due diligence creates a problem for the MAGA argument. Pelosi and McConnel are NOT responsible for security at the US Capital. That's the purview of the Capital Police and congressional committees. Ted Cruz, on such a committee, confirmed that there was no request or any discussions. Trump also never made and offer or gave an order for guardsman - and why would he if he was planning a beautiful perfect peaceful protest? The Pentagon has no record of any order. There was a discussion with Miller the night before that's it...just a discussion.

Trump and Republicans are trying to change the story/create scapegoats for saying there was a lack of security.
and that's exactly what it was.... :mrgreen:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Link please. This sounds really Skjellyesque.

I'll look in the meantime.

Edit:. You've been debunked by Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity Man!!!
Trump offered, Bowser turned it down. I still blame Pelosi and McConnell. They're assholes.

Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu May 12, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:02 pm

Edit:. You've been debunked by Sean Hannity. Trump offered, Bowser turned it down. I still blame Pelosi and McConnell. They're assholes.

Hanity :rofl: He's as reputable as HuffPost, OAN and the Conservative Treehouse. ;)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:21 pm

Edit:. You've been debunked by Sean Hannity. Trump offered, Bowser turned it down. I still blame Pelosi and McConnell. They're assholes.

Hanity :rofl: He's as reputable as HuffPost, OAN and the Conservative Treehouse. ;)
Attack the substance, not the source. I loathe Hannity. I used to feel sorry for Alan Colmes having to be his #1.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Edit:. You've been debunked by Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity Man!!!
Trump offered, Bowser turned it down. I still blame Pelosi and McConnell. They're assholes.

lol. Hannity is hardly a source. The Pentagon and man hand picked by Trump is my source.

I still don't understand blaming Pelosi and McConnell when it wasn't their call. That's like blaming the employee for something the CEO failed to do.

But does all that matter...Trump was the CiC and he saw what people were doing in his name and he initially refused. Days prior, he agreed to deploy DC National Guard to support the Metro Police and not the Capital Police. That means they were there for traffic and crowd control. There was no authorization for them to help secure the Capital.

This is a pretty good fact check that gives everyone equal blame. https://www.factcheck.org/2021/01/timel ... o-capitol/
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:19 pm

and that's exactly what it was.... :mrgreen:
cops on both sides beating the fuck out of each other....it don't get much better than that :luv: ....maybe watching a MAGAtard trying to vote who can't figure out how to operate ballot marker..
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Why isn't Fox showing the hearings?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:37 am Why isn't Fox showing the hearings?
Maybe because they are a partisan witchhunt that should have been held a year ago. Why are they being held a year amd a half after the fact? No one outside the donk base cares. Not surprising, donks are trying to drag this thing out to the midterms.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Almost no one outside the pundit class GAF about the Jan 6 commission. I'd rather have a commission on gas prices and inflation.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:43 am
Maybe because they are a partisan witchhunt that should have been held a year ago. Why are they being held a year amd a half after the fact? No one outside the donk base cares. Not surprising, donks are trying to drag this thing out to the midterms.
  • Should they have been held sooner? Yes.
  • Is the timing suspicious? Yes.
  • Could Republican stonewalling also be a factor in the delay? Yes.
  • Are they just a partisan witch hunt? No. January 6 was a serious event and deserves scrutiny just like Benghazi and Clinton's email server. Were those partisan witch hunts?
  • Does anyone outside of the Donk base care? Yes. I'm guessing there are plenty of independent/swing voters that are interested.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:00 pm

• Are they just a partisan witch hunt? No. January 6 was a serious event and deserves scrutiny just like Benghazi and Clinton's email server. Were those partisan witch hunts?
  • Does anyone outside of the Donk base care? Yes. I'm guessing there are plenty of independent/swing voters that are interested.
Well, anyone outside the left that care enough to watch has options to choose from (CNN, MSDNC, maybe CSPAN)..
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Benghazi attack: September 11, 2012
First Benghazi hearing: September 7, 2014
Clinton testimony: October 22, 2015
Final Report: June 28, 2016
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Benghazi attack: September 11, 2012
Did Hillary sit in jail that whole time?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:47 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:36 pm Benghazi attack: September 11, 2012
Did Hillary sit in jail that whole time?
Non sequitur.

The people who are sitting in jail are doing so because of separate criminal charges. I believe the hearings are about the roles of Trump and others in positions of influence in January 6. Are any of those people sitting in jail because of the Congressional inquiry?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

If the Republicans had been allowed to put those on the committee they asked, I'd care. But now we'll only get Dems side of the story and edited clips out of context. Don't forget the story teller guy the Dems are hiring for production quality.

You suppose it'll look like the Russia collusion hearings where Adam Schiff tells one lie after another only to tell the truth behind closed doors when under oath?

This is simply an attempt at Trump impeachment #3 and a means to drain bank accounts.

PS. Republicans suck too, but at least they would somewhat balance out the questioning simply for fear of being voted out of office. Not for fairness purposes. The Uniparty doesn't want Trump back.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:56 pm
If the Republicans had been allowed to put those on the committee they asked, I'd care. But now we'll only get Dems side of the story and edited clips out of context. Don't forget the story teller guy the Dems are hiring for production quality.

You suppose it'll look like the Russia collusion hearings where Adam Schiff tells one lie after another only to tell the truth behind closed doors when under oath?

This is simply an attempt at Trump impeachment #3 and a means to drain bank accounts.

PS. Republicans suck too, but at least they would somewhat balance out the questioning simply for fear of being voted out of office. Not for fairness purposes. The Uniparty doesn't want Trump back.
There are two Republicans on the committee. Why aren’t there more?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Anyone that is downplaying, dismissing, etc the attempted COUP against the United States Government - a coup planned and orchestrated by Trump and his minions can go fuck themselves.

Please move out of the country because you are NOT Patriots - you are FUCKING TRAITORS who are seeking to destroy American Democracy.

Pull your head out of your blind partisan asses and realize the ACTUAL damage that Trump and his band of criminals attempted to do to the electoral process.
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:54 pm Anyone that is downplaying, dismissing, etc the attempted COUP against the United States Government - a coup planned and orchestrated by Trump and his minions can go fuck themselves.

Please move out of the country because you are NOT Patriots - you are FUCKING TRAITORS who are seeking to destroy American Democracy.

Pull your head out of your blind partisan asses and realize the ACTUAL damage that Trump and his band of criminals attempted to do to the electoral process.
Don’t be a faggity little drama queen.