I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:42 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 am
Turns out she was lying.
Driver says Trump didn’t lunge for wheel on Jan. 6 in newly released testimony

…. The driver was interviewed by the committee months after Hutchinson’s explosive testimony, and the transcript was not released as part of the broader collection of records preserved by the committee…..
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4524 ... testimony/
she never said Chubby lunged for the wheel - she said she was told thats what happened by one of the agents in the car - so either that agent or the driver was lying. You don't know which one. Remember, go slow and sound out the long words syllable by syllable :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:01 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:42 am
Turns out she was lying.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4524 ... testimony/
she never said Chubby lunged for the wheel - she said she was told thats what happened by one of the agents in the car - so either that agent or the driver was lying. You don't know which one. Remember, go slow and sound out the long words syllable by syllable :thumb:
Really? Oh I’m shocked

Of course she said she was told that…. She knew the 4th estate do the lying for her
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:07 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:01 am

Really? Oh I’m shocked

Of course she said she was told that…. She knew the 4th estate do the lying for her
she heard it straight from the agent that made the claim. Its right there in her testimony before the committee. The 4th estate didn't know anything about it until she testified.

What street did you say you obtained your education? Rue de Dumbsquat?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:19 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:07 am

Really? Oh I’m shocked

she heard it straight from the agent that made the claim. Its right there in her testimony before the committee. The 4th estate didn't know anything about it until she testified.

And you squealed like a little bitch believing so bad it was all true
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:44 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:19 am

And you squealed like a little bitch believing so bad it was all true
So you believe one of the two agents conflicting stories and want to use it to to attack the credibility of a third party who gave some pretty devastating first-hand testimony of what was happening in the White House during the coup attempt. Quelle surprise. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Erick Erickson on January 11, 2021 - Erick Erickson: The logical consequence of lies
Not since the British stormed the United States Capitol has it been invaded by those out to end the American constitutional system. But it happened this week at the hands of American citizens. Encouraged by President Donald Trump – and let's not mince words here; he told them to march on the Capitol – a mixed group of rabid, malcontented supporters stormed through barricades, smashed windows and took up residence in the chair belonging to the President of the Senate, who is also the Vice President of the United States.

The insurrectionists, having constructed the gallows and hung a noose, entered the Capitol calling for Vice President Mike Pence to show himself. They did so after the President tweeted Pence had lacked the courage to throw out the Electoral College.
"What abouting" what the nation saw on Wednesday is shameful. As someone who condemned the summer riots and criticized the media coverage, we should at least acknowledge the summer rage came from outrage over the deaths of citizens at the hands of the police and the Wednesday rage that led to deaths was based on outrage fueled by lies.
CH, is this the same guy that wrote "The Biden Doctrine: Speak Loudly and Carry a Limp Stick"?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:42 pm

Erick Erickson on January 11, 2021 - Erick Erickson: The logical consequence of lies
Not since the British stormed the United States Capitol has it been invaded by those out to end the American constitutional system. But it happened this week at the hands of American citizens. Encouraged by President Donald Trump – and let's not mince words here; he told them to march on the Capitol – a mixed group of rabid, malcontented supporters stormed through barricades, smashed windows and took up residence in the chair belonging to the President of the Senate, who is also the Vice President of the United States.

The insurrectionists, having constructed the gallows and hung a noose, entered the Capitol calling for Vice President Mike Pence to show himself. They did so after the President tweeted Pence had lacked the courage to throw out the Electoral College.
"What abouting" what the nation saw on Wednesday is shameful. As someone who condemned the summer riots and criticized the media coverage, we should at least acknowledge the summer rage came from outrage over the deaths of citizens at the hands of the police and the Wednesday rage that led to deaths was based on outrage fueled by lies.
CH, is this the same guy that wrote "The Biden Doctrine: Speak Loudly and Carry a Limp Stick"?
Did they actually have gallows constructed? I don't remember that.

I'm fine calling it an insurrection, no real argument there. It was certainly a violent mob and they certainly had it in their intent to block government action and to overturn the election. Luckily, they weren't large in numbers, luckily they weren't really armed, and luckily they had zero support from the rest of the nation, including the armed forces. Basically, they had zero chance of succeeding. But just because they were dim-witted and ill-prepared, as well as being tiny in number in the grand scheme of things, doesn't diminish what they did.

As for the current case at the Supreme Court, I'm fine if they throw out the Sarbenes-Oxley related charge. I'm fine with prosecutors trying to charge folks with anything and everything to get convictions and sentences, and I'm fine with defenses then arguing whether every charge sticks or not. It's what the legal system is for. It does seem a stretch too far to use that law to prosecute folks in this case. Even without that charge, most everyone will still be charged with something that will stick.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ginni is bat shit crazy. Clarence has no justification to not recuse himself. They are literally above the law.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:42 pm

I'm fine calling it an insurrection, no real argument there. It was certainly a violent mob and they certainly had it in their intent to block government action and to overturn the election. Luckily, they weren't large in numbers, luckily they weren't really armed, and luckily they had zero support from the rest of the nation, including the armed forces. Basically, they had zero chance of succeeding. But just because they were dim-witted and ill-prepared, as well as being tiny in number in the grand scheme of things, doesn't diminish what they did.

As for the current case at the Supreme Court, I'm fine if they throw out the Sarbenes-Oxley related charge. I'm fine with prosecutors trying to charge folks with anything and everything to get convictions and sentences, and I'm fine with defenses then arguing whether every charge sticks or not. It's what the legal system is for. It does seem a stretch too far to use that law to prosecute folks in this case. Even without that charge, most everyone will still be charged with something that will stick.

Donald Trump said maybe mob was right to chant ‘Hang Mike Pence’ – report

Mostly peaceful though.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 am

Mostly peaceful though.
So not a real gallows though. You can't hang someone with something like that. Would've sworn there'd be some CivE's in that mob of whackos, apparently not.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 am

Mostly peaceful though.
So not a real gallows though. You can't hang someone with something like that. Would've sworn there'd be some CivE's in that mob of whackos, apparently not.
It was symbolic but the message was clear and helps shoot holes in the peaceful tourist argument.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 am

It was symbolic but the message was clear and helps shoot holes in the peaceful tourist argument.
Well, that and their trying to beat the crap out of the cops guarding the building gave it away too. I understand the "mostly peaceful" tongue in cheek answer, but yes, they were pretty violent.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 am

Well, that and their trying to beat the crap out of the cops guarding the building gave it away too. I understand the "mostly peaceful" tongue in cheek answer, but yes, they were pretty violent.
If you look through this board, how many posts and posters attempt to dismiss the violence because a video was sped up? I'm going to keep bringing it up as long as people continue to try and dismiss/minimize the violence and severity of January 6 and that includes trump calling the seditious rioters "hostages".
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Mostly peaceful though.

plenty real enough to do the job...you just need enough muscle to lift the body up to the rope and let it hang. Nothin to it. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

nobody appreciates the delicious irony of cops beating the fuck out of each other :ohno:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am

If you look through this board, how many posts and posters attempt to dismiss the violence because a video was sped up? I'm going to keep bringing it up as long as people continue to try and dismiss/minimize the violence and severity of January 6 and that includes trump calling the seditious rioters "hostages".
There you go again…..

Nobody said it wasn’t violent. I said that the altering the video made it look more violent then it actually was

Do you have a serious comprehension problem?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

On one side of the building. One the other side the cap police were literally holding the door open for people.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am

There you go again…..

Nobody said it wasn’t violent. I said that the altering the video made it look more violent then it actually was

...do you have any evidence?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:08 pm

There you go again…..

I have enough probable cause to slap a transponder on your car and warn every kid in the neighborhood to watch out for you

Not once have you, or any other Joey Rotten pervert supporter said what he did with his daughter is just wrong
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:31 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 pm

I have enough probable cause to slap a transponder on your car and warn every kid in the neighborhood to watch out for you

Not once have you, or any other Joey Rotten pervert supporter said what he did with his daughter is just wrong
you don't have shit, never did, never will... :ohno:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:46 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:31 am

Ok sure

If you need a loan, just ask
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:52 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:46 am

Ok sure

If I want something I pay cash for it. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:52 am

Ok sure

O Kay Fani :lol:

Joey Rotten and his miserable Klan want to get rid of cash so they can track you.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:29 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 am

O Kay Fani :lol:

Joey Rotten and his miserable Klan want to get rid of cash so they can track you.
they already track you, cashless is about taxes.