Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:50 pm

What :lol: You're just making stuff up here.

Your boy, Liz Cheney is awful.
What did he make up? Apply the same standards.

For example. I agree that Cheney has a history of being awful when it comes to most positions and her voting record (supported Trump policies like 90% of the time). However, her performance in the committee at least aligns with traditional conservative ideology regarding freedom, democracy, and constitutional law.

It’s like wanting us to sit out the spread of Democratic ideals including the fight against corruption and oligarchy in Ukraine because some conservatives were hypocritical about historical interventions in the Middle East.

She’s not only effective but principled in her role on the J6 committee. That is, if you subscribe to conservative principles of rule of law, freedom, and constitutional rights.
She's full of shit and bitter Wyoming is going to toss her out.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 am

What did he make up? Apply the same standards.

For example. I agree that Cheney has a history of being awful when it comes to most positions and her voting record (supported Trump policies like 90% of the time). However, her performance in the committee at least aligns with traditional conservative ideology regarding freedom, democracy, and constitutional law.

It’s like wanting us to sit out the spread of Democratic ideals including the fight against corruption and oligarchy in Ukraine because some conservatives were hypocritical about historical interventions in the Middle East.

She’s not only effective but principled in her role on the J6 committee. That is, if you subscribe to conservative principles of rule of law, freedom, and constitutional rights.
The head of Wyoming’s Republican Party is an Oath Keeper who was at J6.

Almost all politicians are full of shit most of the time. Every once in awhile you find an instance when their not. That should be honored.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:36 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 am

Almost all politicians are full of shit most of the time. Every once in awhile you find an instance when their not. That should be honored.
Oh, she carries herself professionally no doubt, but she's not deserving of any credit for stepping up to do what's right. She went along to get along her whole career, just like all the others that have been there forever and accomplished nothing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:36 am

Oh, she carries herself professionally no doubt, but she's not deserving of any credit for stepping up to do what's right. She went along to get along her whole career, just like all the others that have been there forever and accomplished nothing.
Is she going along to get along now in her bright red state and with her party?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 am

Nope. They're tossing her out in August.

She doesn't care about her voters and now she'll be voted out.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:41 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:39 am

Which is why she deserves credit.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:39 am Is she going along to get along now in her bright red state and with her party?

So "she's not deserving of any credit for stepping up to do what's right" in this instance while others who are just continuing to go "along to get along" to advance their career rather than doing what's right deserve credit?

She torpedoed her career on principle. I wouldn't vote for her because she's a neo-con but I respect the hell out of her for doing the right thing with trump.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 am
SeattleGriz wrote:

So "she's not deserving of any credit for stepping up to do what's right" in this instance while others who are just continuing to go "along to get along" to advance their career rather than doing what's right deserve credit?

She torpedoed her career on principle. I wouldn't vote for her because she's a neo-con but I respect the hell out of her for doing the right thing with trump.

No. She went along to get along with her Washington buddies and she will after this once she gets her gig on some TV show. You really think she's doing this "for the people"?

This whole thing has been exposed as absolutely one sided. This is not a serious attempt at the truth.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's one sided because McCarthy effectively decided to boycott it by withdrawing his nominees.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:37 am It's one sided because McCarthy effectively decided to boycott it by withdrawing his nominees.
So putting a liar on TV is fair? They didn't even reach out for corroboration and on top, she lied about the note. Tell your version of the facts, but making shit up is a whole new level of absurdity.

If a committee needs to pull this, they are not to be taken seriously and I don't.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:37 am It's one sided because McCarthy effectively decided to boycott it by withdrawing his nominees.
Why did McCarthy withdraw his nominees? :?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:02 am
So putting a liar on TV is fair? They didn't even reach out for corroboration and on top, she lied about the note. Tell your version of the facts, but making shit up is a whole new level of absurdity.

If a committee needs to pull this, they are not to be taken seriously and I don't.
They deposed Ornata twice. He might be in a similar boat as Meadows. Remember, there’s the political theater of the committee and there’s a DOJ criminal investigation underway. Might be why they chose not to enforce the subpoenas on some.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:coffee:
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 am So "she's not deserving of any credit for stepping up to do what's right" in this instance while others who are just continuing to go "along to get along" to advance their career rather than doing what's right deserve credit?

No. She went along to get along with her Washington buddies and she will after this once she gets her gig on some TV show. You really think she's doing this "for the people"?

This whole thing has been exposed as absolutely one sided. This is not a serious attempt at the truth.
Yep, like when during the 1st day of the hearings she read that trump tweet, but left off the last line about going home in love and peace..Anyone who’s “primciples’ weren’t one sided would have read the whole tweet
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote::coffee:
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:29 am No. She went along to get along with her Washington buddies and she will after this once she gets her gig on some TV show. You really think she's doing this "for the people"?

Yep, like when during the 1st day of the hearings she read that trump tweet, but left off the last line about going home in love and peace..Anyone who’s “primciples’ weren’t one sided would have read the whole tweet
BDK - crusader for truth since January 20, 2021.

Are one sided-principles (Cheney) better than a complete lack of principles (trump)?

SG, you like that Trump shook up Washington but ignore that his objective wasn't to root out the established graft but to replace it with his own. Why should he be celebrated despite his motives but Cheney shouldn't?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote::coffee:

Are one sided-principles (Cheney) better than a complete lack of principles (trump)?

SG, you like that Trump shook up Washington but ignore that his objective wasn't to root out the established graft but to replace it with his own. Why should he be celebrated despite his motives but Cheney shouldn't?

I'm not sure what graft you speak of, regardless it's not relevant to my liking of Trump. Trump exposed Washington for what it is and we all know, a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy that is run by people who don't give two shits about the people. The sad part is Trump didn't have to do much to show change was possible. He at least delivered items he said he would or tried.

How long has DC been locked in this game of all or nothing with guns, abortion and immigration? There's been NO middle ground progress made in how long? They like it that way. Good to agitate the masses and send out emails for campaign donations.

The Uniparty is who Liz Cheney is. John Cornyns just like her. He got screamed and boo'd at in Texas over his support of red flag but still voted for it. You suppose he was voting what the people of Texas wanted?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:29 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm

I'm not sure what graft you speak of, regardless it's not relevant to my liking of Trump. Trump exposed Washington for what it is and we all know, a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy that is run by people who don't give two shits about the people. The sad part is Trump didn't have to do much to show change was possible. He at least delivered items he said he would or tried.

How long has DC been locked in this game of all or nothing with guns, abortion and immigration? There's been NO middle ground progress made in how long? They like it that way. Good to agitate the masses and send out emails for campaign donations.

The Uniparty is who Liz Cheney is. John Cornyns just like her. He got screamed and boo'd at in Texas over his support of red flag but still voted for it. You suppose he was voting what the people of Texas wanted?
Yeah, notice how only 2 of the 15 conk senators who voted for than sham gun control bill were up for reelection? That wasn't a coincidence. I hope they all get primaried 2024 or 2026 (same with the conks 14 in the House). Course some of them won't be running again.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 pm BDK - crusader for truth since January 20, 2021.

trump doesn't give a sh!t about anyone but trump either. He exposed the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy because he wanted to replace the existing graft with his own but he's ok?

Cheney helped to continue to expose trump for the narcissistic grifter that he is but she isn't ok?

They're both insiders trying to profit off of the American people but only Cheney has demonstrated a scintilla of scruples.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

trump doesn't give a sh!t about anyone but trump either. He exposed the bloated, inefficient bureaucracy because he wanted to replace the existing graft with his own but he's ok?

Cheney helped to continue to expose trump for the narcissistic grifter that he is but she isn't ok?

They're both insiders trying to profit off of the American people but only Cheney has demonstrated a scintilla of scruples.

Wait? We had a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy!?!

Since when!?

:tothehand:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 am

They deposed Ornata twice. He might be in a similar boat as Meadows. Remember, there’s the political theater of the committee and there’s a DOJ criminal investigation underway. Might be why they chose not to enforce the subpoenas on some.
Based in what? The lies from the one sided Kinzinger?
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/07 ... ee-n587448
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 am

Based in what? The lies from the one sided Kinzinger?
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/07 ... ee-n587448
Lamestream media types who actually watch it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:27 pm no. it doesn't say that. try again
Of course you bought the "lunge for the wheel" line...because of course you did, Russia boy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:18 pm Lol. The guy she supposedly “heard it from”, the lead agent AND the driver ALL have denied her version of events. Real star witness there….
Hutchison's "testimony" was basically "Amber Heard goes to the Capitol". :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:32 am Very serious.

Whoops. :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Remember, you're talking to the guy that has been pushing Russia Collusion bullshit for 4+ years. :rofl: :dunce: