Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 pm
They've should been arrested, tried and punished. Just like the MAGAts that attacked the US Capital. That's been my position since the very beginning.

You have a right to PEACEFULLY assemble. Once you engage in the opposite of that, IMHO, you forfeit any protection of that right.
Now you’re flip flopping.
Before you said
attempting to enter a government building by force during a riot
justified her being shot.

Now your saying in regards to BLANTIFA ‘attempting to enter a govt building by force during a riot’
should been arrested, tried and punished.
as opposed to being all shot.
I would say being shot by police is punishment for breaking the law.

Besides, i'm not flip-flopping, at best you can argue inconsistent but only in a very nit-picky way. But not really, b/c I believe we should arrest, try and punish anyone that involved in the mayhem that occurred on Jan 6.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:28 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:43 pm

Now you’re flip flopping.
Before you said
justified her being shot.

Now your saying in regards to BLANTIFA ‘attempting to enter a govt building by force during a riot’

as opposed to being all shot.

Besides, i'm not flip-flopping, at best you can argue inconsistent but only in a very nit-picky way. But not really, b/c I believe we should arrest, try and punish anyone that involved in the mayhem that occurred on Jan 6.
So Kim Potter was within her rights as a police officer? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:38 am

So Kim Potter was within her rights as a police officer? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Two different situations. Daunte Wright was about to drive away when Kim Potter pulled the wrong weapon and shot him. Ashli Babbitt was shot while trying to force her way into the Speakers Lobby.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Two different situations, hoss. But nice try.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am

Two different situations, hoss. But nice try.
Well of course they're two different sits, but he was breaking the law. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

:lol:

Send me some of what you're smoking. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:05 pm

Just trying to determine where the line is drawn.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:06 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:05 pm

...her case wasn't about being within her rights, it was about colossal incompetence, at best
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:08 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:06 pm

...her case wasn't about being within her rights, it was about colossal incompetence, at best
No one’s asserting there wasn’t incompetence. That’s not the argument here.
Did he or did he not break the law?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:08 pm

the media says there was a warrant - that doesn't excuse being the judge, jury, and executioner - was she within her rights to tase him? Yes, based on whats in the media now
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:25 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 pm

the media says there was a warrant - that doesn't excuse being the judge, jury, and executioner - was she within her rights to tase him? Yes, based on whats in the media now
He had an outstanding warrant (probably why he attempted to flee), he had broken the law, and he could have used the vehicle as a weapon (there’s PLENTY of case law to support that.

Was she within here rights to shoot (even though video evidence supports her assertion it wasn’t her intention)?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm

He had an outstanding warrant (probably why he attempted to flee), he had broken the law, and he could have used the vehicle as a weapon (there’s PLENTY of case law to support that.

Was she within here rights to shoot (even though video evidence supports her assertion it wasn’t her intention)?
I don't think she was because they had his ID and VIN, he wasn't going to be loose much longer.

What was the warrant for?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:51 pm

I don't think she was because they had his ID and VIN, he wasn't going to be loose much longer.

Guess she should have waited until he ran over the rookie.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:52 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:51 pm

Red herring, never happened - and wasn't going to given the rookie was not in front of the fleeing car. You're getting lazy in your old age. :coffee:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:52 pm

Red herring, never happened - and wasn't going to given the rookie was not in front of the fleeing car. You're getting lazy in your old age. :coffee:

I have no idea. You’re the one who said he had a warrant.

And it’s good to know cars don’t go in reverse anymore. Makes us all a lot safer.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:18 pm

And it’s good to know cars don’t go in reverse anymore. Makes us all a lot safer.

You're trying to conjure something from a vacuum with this red herring. Look at the video again
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

For weapons posession - don't you read about anything you comment on? Why do I have to wipe your nose and help you find an argument? This place has gone to shit I tell ya...
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm He had an outstanding warrant (probably why he attempted to flee), he had broken the law, and he could have used the vehicle as a weapon (there’s PLENTY of case law to support that.

BINGO

They knew who he was

Let him drive away, pick him up later when he’s at Kroger buying grape drank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 pm

For weapons posession - don't you read about anything you comment on? Why do I have to wipe your nose and help you find an argument? This place has gone to shit I tell ya...
You’re not helping your case here. Outstanding warrant for weapons possession? :coffee: :coffee:
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:37 pm
houndawg wrote:

BINGO

They knew who he was

Well shit. You are asking cops to act like a police organization. To protect and serve. We haven't been doing that for years.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:24 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 pm

You’re not helping your case here. Outstanding warrant for weapons possession? :coffee: :coffee:
Well, somebody has to argue your side. Back in the day it used to be you. :mrgreen:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:38 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:37 pm
BINGO

They knew who he was

Well shit. You are asking cops to act like a police organization. To protect and serve. We haven't been doing that for years.
When you're overwhelmed you try to check the things at the top of the list first - so job 1 is protect the private property of the very wealthy from the underclass/what's left of the middle class.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'm not sure attempting to flee is the same as riotting against the US Government.

Also, why couldn't have Kim let him run off? They knew who he was and where he lived, go get him with backup and maybe a seasoned pro or two that knows the difference between a taser and a gun.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:41 am On a scale of 1-10 how much do you care about January 6th? 10 being it was as bad as Pearl Harbor and 9/11. 1 if you don't give a damn.
I'm about a hard 6/soft 7 because of the feeble response.

The leadership of the Capitol Police were definitely exposed as to where they stand. Combat ready when the lefties come around, pants down and bent over holding their ankles for their fellow travelers on the right.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 am Combat ready when the lefties come around....
They were around for weeks.