BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:40 pm
BDKJMU wrote: I feel sorry for the snowflakes who are afraid to say that the emperor has no clothes, simply because the majority is pretending otherwise.
Tell me snowflake, how does someone being LGBTQ+ hurt you?
The alphabet people don’t. Tell me snowflake, why do you pretend that a man pretending to be a woman is a woman, and vice versa?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump has some pretty good looking 30 something female attorneys. The hottest one:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:56 pm A federal grand journey subpoenaed documents ahead of the June search.

Donald was quiet about that one.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/politics ... index.html
And they extensively cooperated with that June visit,
Secret Service agents were also present and facilitated the visit, officials said.

Trump signaled his full cooperation, telling the agents and prosecutor, “Look, whatever you need let us know,” according to two eyewitnesses. The federal team was surprised by the president’s invitation and asked for an immediate favor: to see the 6-foot-by-10-foot storage locker where his clothes, shoes, documents and mementos from his presidency were stored at the compound.

Given Trump’s instruction, the president’s lawyers complied and allowed the search by the FBI before the entourage left cordially. Five days later, DOJ officials sent a letter to Trump’s lawyers asking them to secure the storage locker with more than the lock they had seen. The Secret Service installed a more robust security lock to comply.
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/0 ... ch-n610645
Why did they go back? Why did Donald go public about this visit?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

:lol: :rofl: Oh Lord. WaPo runs the "sources not allowed to comment" story. Nuclear secrets.

This raises two quick questions about the FBI

1. How did it take them this long to figure that out?
2. Why didn't they take them when they reviewed the materials previously?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 am :lol: :rofl: Oh Lord. WaPo runs the "sources not allowed to comment" story. Nuclear secrets.

Might be due to:

The enormity of prosecuting a former president?

It takes time to turn witnesses, accessories, and utilize CI’s?

Connecting dots to J6.

Threats of political violence and retaliation require an air tight case.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:24 am :lol: :rofl: Oh Lord. WaPo runs the "sources not allowed to comment" story. Nuclear secrets.

Might be due to:

Connecting dots to J6.

You mean the walls are closing in?!!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Might be due to:

Connecting dots to J6.

We have a sticky thread from Skelly that literally has hundreds of pages of posts telling us witnesses were turning and everything was about to be imminent. 6 years later and we're still not there yet.

If what Trump had in his basement was so sensitive and so dangerous for him to have that we had to conduct an FBI raid on his house to get it back my question is why didn't we do this 20 months ago when it was apparent, even then, that he had what he had? If he was sitting on nuclear launch codes or crap like that, you don't say pretty please for 20 months and negotiate through lawyers. It would've been easy to go get this stuff as soon as it was known that it was missing, which apparently was almost immediately after Trump left the White House. If the DOJ actually did that (delay and dither for 20 months) and if the stuff they took was really that critical, then that looks worse for the DOJ to wait that long than it looks for them to raid an ex-President's house in election season when he's likely to be a candidate in opposition to the current sitting administration.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Overshadowed a bit but this seems kind of inportamt…

“Top career officials at the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) office of the inspector general (OIG) tried to alert Congress in April that Secret Service texts from the time of the January 6 Capitol attack had been erased, but their efforts were nixed by its leadership, documents show.

The new revelations appear to show that the chief watchdog for the Secret Service and DHS took deliberate steps to stop the retrieval of texts it knew were missing.
House panels: DHS officials interfered in effort to get lost Secret Service texts
Read more
The officials inside the inspector general’s office – the chief watchdog for the Secret Service – prepared a memo that detailed how the Secret Service was resisting the oversight body’s review into January 6, and delayed informing it about the lost texts.

But after the memo was emailed to the DHS inspector general Joseph Cuffari’s chief of staff, its contents were never seen again, and the disclosure about the erased text messages was never included in Cuffari’s semi-annual report to Congress about oversight work.

The revelation shows that the Secret Service only admitted texts from January 6 were lost months after they were requested by the inspector general’s office, and that Cuffari might have violated federal law in not reporting the matter in the report to Congress.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... are_btn_tw
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 am

Might be due to:

Connecting dots to J6.

We have a sticky thread from Skelly that literally has hundreds of pages of posts telling us witnesses were turning and everything was about to be imminent. 6 years later and we're still not there yet.

If what Trump had in his basement was so sensitive and so dangerous for him to have that we had to conduct an FBI raid on his house to get it back my question is why didn't we do this 20 months ago when it was apparent, even then, that he had what he had? If he was sitting on nuclear launch codes or crap like that, you don't say pretty please for 20 months and negotiate through lawyers. It would've been easy to go get this stuff as soon as it was known that it was missing, which apparently was almost immediately after Trump left the White House. If the DOJ actually did that (delay and dither for 20 months) and if the stuff they took was really that critical, then that looks worse for the DOJ to wait that long than it looks for them to raid an ex-President's house in election season when he's likely to be a candidate in opposition to the current sitting administration.
So witch hunt camp then? :|
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:39 am

I wouldn't rule out incompetence, and that's on both sides of this. Who has nuclear secrets in a closet (with an upgraded lock apparently) in their basement and who would take 20 months to get those things back if they were as important as they're being made out to be?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:39 am

What stance did you take on Russia collusion?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 am If what Trump had in his basement was so sensitive and so dangerous for him to have that we had to conduct an FBI raid on his house to get it back my question is why didn't we do this 20 months ago when it was apparent, even then, that he had what he had? If he was sitting on nuclear launch codes or crap like that, you don't say pretty please for 20 months and negotiate through lawyers. It would've been easy to go get this stuff as soon as it was known that it was missing, which apparently was almost immediately after Trump left the White House. If the DOJ actually did that (delay and dither for 20 months) and if the stuff they took was really that critical, then that looks worse for the DOJ to wait that long than it looks for them to raid an ex-President's house in election season when he's likely to be a candidate in opposition to the current sitting administration.
If they didn't give him a long leash to comply... they would have been criticized for not giving him a chance to turn over the documents before getting a search warrant.

As has been said - I agree that getting a search warrant on a former president is a pretty fucking delicate matter and shouldn't be done lightly. I think that's pretty obviously why they gave him as long to comply as they did.

I don't think it was DOJ that "delay[ed] and dither[ed]." It was Trump. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

:lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 am If what Trump had in his basement was so sensitive and so dangerous for him to have that we had to conduct an FBI raid on his house to get it back my question is why didn't we do this 20 months ago when it was apparent, even then, that he had what he had? If he was sitting on nuclear launch codes or crap like that, you don't say pretty please for 20 months and negotiate through lawyers. It would've been easy to go get this stuff as soon as it was known that it was missing, which apparently was almost immediately after Trump left the White House. If the DOJ actually did that (delay and dither for 20 months) and if the stuff they took was really that critical, then that looks worse for the DOJ to wait that long than it looks for them to raid an ex-President's house in election season when he's likely to be a candidate in opposition to the current sitting administration.
If they didn't give him a long leash to comply... they would have been criticized for not giving him a chance to turn over the documents before getting a search warrant.

As has been said - I agree that getting a search warrant on a former president is a pretty fucking delicate matter and shouldn't be done lightly. I think that's pretty obviously why they gave him as long to comply as they did.

I don't think it was DOJ that "delay[ed] and dither[ed]." It was Trump. :coffee:
If the stuff he had was so critical, so important, that we couldn't wait another second to go and get them (hence the FBI raid) then why was the material even allowed to leave the White House 20 months ago (where was DOJ then) and why did we play nice for the past 20 months? When Trump was on the way out of the White House, he couldn't have been at a lower place in terms of public perception - he had just been impeached for the second time, cabinet members had resigned, there had been active talk of booting him via the 25th amendment, etc. He was already damaged goods and standing up to him then for carting stuff out of the White House and shipping them to Mir-A-Lago would've been the time to do it. It's not like he was stuffing papers in his pockets or socks and sneaking them out, we're talking at least 15 boxes, if not more. And even if they did make it out of the White House, go and get them the next day. January 2020 was a long time ago. Leaving critical nuclear secrets, if that's what's really in these boxes, in somebody's basement is incredulous. Government needs to do better.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:40 pm Tell me snowflake, how does someone being LGBTQ+ hurt you?
The alphabet people don’t. Tell me snowflake, why do you pretend that a man pretending to be a woman is a woman, and vice versa?
It doesn't impact me so I don't worry about it and have no problem if it makes them feel good about themselves.

Why does it bother you?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:If CID didn't rage quit because of the Ukraine thread, he definitely would have around about now. Image
Your main point is solid but I don't think there was any rage involved in CIDs departure. He got tired of arguing with kool-aid drinkers.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:48 am
BDKJMU wrote: The alphabet people don’t. Tell me snowflake, why do you pretend that a man pretending to be a woman is a woman, and vice versa?
It doesn't impact me so I don't worry about it and have no problem if it makes them feel good about themselves.

Why does it bother you?

It doesn’t bother me. I am simply taking the inaction of not altering my behavior to appease the woke trans ideologists. If someone gets offended at me failing to pretend the emperor has clothes by calling a spade a spade, I don’t care.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:48 am It doesn't impact me so I don't worry about it and have no problem if it makes them feel good about themselves.

Why does it bother you?

It doesn’t bother me. I am simply taking the inaction of not altering my behavior to appease the woke trans ideologists. If someone gets offended at me failing to pretend the emperor has clothes by calling a spade a spade, I don’t care.
You use a lot of keystrokes to post about something that doesn't bother you.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:54 am
Wow that was fast. Hats off to the DOJ for being so quick and transparent in releasing all the information.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:09 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm It's funny how you conks were up in arms about emails, yet dismiss the Secret Service, DHS, Pentagon wiping all phones (illegally) for the days before, during and after the coup attempt.
And its funny how you were just the opposite. Funny how that works.
When did that happen?

Hint - it hasn't happened before.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So Trump is a TRAITOR. Everyone that still supports him is as well.

Bunch of ANTI-AMERICAN asswipes in the GOP. Party over Country.
:thumb: