SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:06 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 pm With only two counties currently reporting results, Decision Desk calls Wyoming for Hageman. :lol:
She doesn’t look at all like I imagined she would.

:lol: No shit. If that photo doesn't scream crazy cat lady, I don't know what would!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Here's a positive about Trump - he has ended the Bush,
Clinton, and Cheney political dynasties.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm Here's a positive about Trump - he has ended the Bush,
And hopefully Obama’s too. Unless his husband runs in ‘24.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 pm With only two counties currently reporting results, Decision Desk calls Wyoming for Hageman. Image
She doesn’t look at all like I imagined she would.

Is she a biological male who is more comfortable as a woman?

I didn't think MAGAts supported that kind of person.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:38 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm Here's a positive about Trump - he has ended the Bush,
And hopefully Obama’s too. Unless his husband runs in ‘24.
Just saw this video yesterday. Apparently You Tube and Twitter banned it..:rofl:
https://rumble.com/embed/v14yehc/?pub=4
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:24 am

Because some of you might be emotionally harmed by it?

:|
Holy crap. Like I said, that guy's a loon, even if he espouses some of the policies in other areas that you like. It's like BDK posting crap from Limbaugh when Limbaugh was alive.
Comparing him to Limbaugh is laughable.

Did Limbaugh develop a highly recognized ADHD hypotheses, found a school for troubled youth, author 20 books on subjects ranging from fossil fuel pollution to the founding fathers to neoropsycotherapy, receive invitations for private audiences with The Pope and Dalai Lama?

I’m not surprised you’re quick to think he’s a loon (or choose to not try and refute his recent take on state electors). Like I said…attack sources that challenge your thinking (maybe toss up a rofl emoji while you’re at it for good measure).

It’s your MO.

:thumb: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:18 am

Holy crap. Like I said, that guy's a loon, even if he espouses some of the policies in other areas that you like. It's like BDK posting crap from Limbaugh when Limbaugh was alive.

Did Limbaugh develop a highly recognized ADHD hypotheses, found a school for troubled youth, author 20 books on subjects ranging from fossil fuel pollution to the founding fathers to neoropsycotherapy, receive invitations for private audiences with The Pope and Dalai Lama?

I’m not surprised you’re quick to think he’s a loon (or choose to not try and refute his recent take on state electors). Like I said…attack sources that challenge your thinking (maybe toss up a rofl emoji while you’re at it for good measure).

It’s your MO.

Man. You are trying WAY to hard to make this guy seem normal. :lol: :lol: Is he related?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:24 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:51 am Why didn't you post the other stupid paranoid, delusional tweets in the thread?
Because some of you might be emotionally harmed by it?

:|
I think you are the one that is emotionally harmed when we reject weirdos that fantasize about the death of their fellow citizens. :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:31 am

It’s your MO.

Man. You are trying WAY to hard to make this guy seem normal. :lol: :lol: Is he related?
It’s tedious explaining things to Ganny (see: fascism is a right wing movement) but he eventually goes away.

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It’s your MO.

The answer to Hartmann's 16th tweet is Yes.

Regardless of his other accomplishments and whether he's comparable to Limbaugh or not, Hartmann's thoughts on this subject are lunatic fringe. It isn't going to happen in 2024. :coffee:

As usual, Ganny is kicking your ass. :D
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:31 am

It’s tedious explaining things to Ganny (see: fascism is a right wing movement) but he eventually goes away.

I agree, it must be incredibly tedious when you're wrong and you just continue to push it forward despite your initial bad first take. You're like a less Russophilic SG in that regard. And I never go away. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 am

It’s your MO.

Regardless of his other accomplishments and whether he's comparable to Limbaugh or not, Hartmann's thoughts on this subject are lunatic fringe. It isn't going to happen in 2024. :coffee:

It’s what could happen, not a prediction. And a reminder, my first post that started this was a Heather Cox Richardson tweet. She retweeted Hartmann’s thread which is how I knew where the idea came from. The concept is a legit concern…if you honor MIT history professors, constitutional scholars and such.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:51 am
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 am

I agree, it must be incredibly tedious when you're wrong and you just continue to push it forward despite your initial bad first take. You're like a less Russophilic SG in that regard. And I never go away. :rofl:
Please don’t stop, Vizzini, you’re on quite a roll here. :clap:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I wonder how many people that say "the GOP is now too extreme for Liz Cheney, hurr hurr" also think Bill Maher and Glenn Greenwald are right-wingers.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:52 pm Wow. Liz got absolutely draxed. :lol:
She got boatraced. If wasn’t for the donk votes in Wyomings open primary, she probably would have lost by closer to 50..
https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/resul ... district-1
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 am

It’s what could happen, not a prediction. And a reminder, my first post that started this was a Heather Cox Richardson tweet. She retweeted Hartmann’s thread which is how I knew where the idea came from. The concept is a legit concern…if you honor MIT history professors, constitutional scholars and such.

What could happen?
  • That states could change how their electors are chosen? Yes, that is possible and constitutional. If a state's elected officials make those changes and the citizens don't like it then they can vote in different officials who can change it back. If they don't vote them out then that is the will of the people in that state.
  • That a president could "declare a permanent state of emergency, and suspend future elections"? Yes that is also possible but as I stated it is just as likely to be done by an illiberal pseudo-progressive as it is to be done by a MAGAt conservative. That is something that fools like Hartmann don't understand or won't acknowledge.
  • That right-wing militias will open fire on liberals protesting the election of DeSantis in 2024? I don't think that's going to happen and it is where Hartmann goes completely off the rails. He deserves to be pilloried for peddling that snake oil.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 am
Pwns wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:52 pm Wow. Liz got absolutely draxed. :lol:
She got boatraced. If wasn’t for the donk votes in Wyomings open primary, she probably would have lost by closer to 50..
https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/resul ... district-1
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:42 am
It's all about trump. Fvck the Republican Party and fvck the country, donald's fragile ego is more important.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:57 am
It's all about trump. Fvck the Republican Party and fvck the country, donald's fragile ego is more important.
That disaster of another Biden/Trump Presidential campaign is getting more and more possible. Perhaps the only thing worse than that is that we would also then be stuck with the winner for another 4 years (although they are both very old and could either not live out their term or could be 25th'd).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

No, its all about not giving the middle finger to the OVERWHELMING majority of your constituents like Cheney did..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:11 pm
No, its all about not giving the middle finger to the OVERWHELMING majority of your constituents like Cheney did..
Real leadership isn't about always voting according to the will of your constituents. Sometimes what your constituents want might not be the right thing. Real leadership is having the wisdom to recognize when that is true and the courage to do the right thing. trump deserved to be impeached over January 6. Cheney's a neocon and I don't like her but she and the others showed real leadership by voting the way they did.

trump endorsed a number of more extreme candidates that won primaries but will be more vulnerable in a general election. It will be ironic if his endorsements cost the Republican Party control of the Senate.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Which is interesting, because Cheney’s witch hunt was completely personal. He said mean things about her dad, and she made it her goal in life to make sure he never saw the White House again. Literally sacrificed her political career to attempt to accomplish a personal vendetta.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:11 pm
Real leadership isn't about always voting according to the will of your constituents. Sometimes what your constituents want might not be the right thing. Real leadership is having the wisdom to recognize when that is true and the courage to do the right thing. trump deserved to be impeached over January 6. Cheney's a neocon and I don't like her but she and the others showed real leadership by voting the way they did.

trump endorsed a number of more extreme candidates that won primaries but will be more vulnerable in a general election. It will be ironic if his endorsements cost the Republican Party control of the Senate.
Real leadership.. :lol: Cheyney is carrying out a personal Vendetta against Trump. It has nothing to do with principles. There's countless examples of that Ex- the opening prime time hearing where she read the 1st part of that Trump tweet, but left off the last line about everyone go home in peace.

If you're an elected official, and you do something that the overwhelming majority of your constituents don't want you to do (by 40-50 points), then you can't fault them for not re electing you. And Cheney's constituents overwhelmingly, along with around half the country, think Trump didn't deserve to be impeached over 1/6.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 pm

Which is interesting, because Cheney’s witch hunt was completely personal. He said mean things about her dad, and she made it her goal in life to make sure he never saw the White House again. Literally sacrificed her political career to attempt to accomplish a personal vendetta.
Bingo :nod: