UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:05 pm Baby hater! :kisswink:
Overpopulation is the planets biggest problem and a driver of climate change. :coffee:
So vaccine mandates were shortsighted and foolish?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:59 pm
houndawg wrote:
Overpopulation is the planets biggest problem and a driver of climate change. :coffee:
So vaccine mandates were shortsighted and foolish?

When life gives you lemons make lemonade. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

So NY Rep & conk candidate for NY Gov Lee Zeldon yesterday at a campaign stop/rally was talking about how NY’s ‘bail reform’ law needs to be overturned. He is attacked while giving a speech. The suspect is charged with a felony. After the attack Zeldon predicts that the guy would be releassd today. And sure enough, despite being charged with a felony, the attacker is released with no bail…

‘Bail reform’ is nothing more than code for coddling criminals and being soft on crime, and anyone for it is for such..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:11 am So NY Rep & conk candidate for NY Gov Lee Zeldon yesterday at a campaign stop/rally was talking about how NY’s ‘bail reform’ law needs to be overturned. He is attacked while giving a speech. The suspect is charged with a felony. After the attack Zeldon predicts that the guy would be releassd today. And sure enough, despite being charged with a felony, the attacker is released with no bail…

‘Bail reform’ is nothing more than code for coddling criminals and being soft on crime, and anyone for it is for such..
Stop it, it doesn't have to mean that. There is plenty of room for "bail reform" just like there is for "parole reform" and other criminal justice reforms that can certainly be done. Just because people mess up the implementation of these reforms, or because they don't get into the nitty gritty details to make these reforms work and be effective, doesn't mean that they aren't worthy to be pursued.

We have a problem in this country of people never getting into the details - everyone likes to talk in generalities and slogans because the real work, and the real effort, starts to happen when you get into the details. It's like the abortion debate, everyone is at the level of "no abortions" or "abortions whenever" and no one gets into the details. What happens with miscarriages and the baby dies in utero? What happens with an ectopic pregnancy? What do we do with a steep rise in babies carried to term but given up for adoption? These are all details that people need to work on, at every level, to make sure our laws and the implementation of the laws work and make sense. Or we could just trash things we don't understand or don't want to put the effort into on message boards and social media. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:42 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:11 am So NY Rep & conk candidate for NY Gov Lee Zeldon yesterday at a campaign stop/rally was talking about how NY’s ‘bail reform’ law needs to be overturned. He is attacked while giving a speech. The suspect is charged with a felony. After the attack Zeldon predicts that the guy would be releassd today. And sure enough, despite being charged with a felony, the attacker is released with no bail…

Stop it, it doesn't have to mean that. There is plenty of room for "bail reform" just like there is for "parole reform" and other criminal justice reforms that can certainly be done. Just because people mess up the implementation of these reforms, or because they don't get into the nitty gritty details to make these reforms work and be effective, doesn't mean that they aren't worthy to be pursued.

We have a problem in this country of people never getting into the details - everyone likes to talk in generalities and slogans because the real work, and the real effort, starts to happen when you get into the details. It's like the abortion debate, everyone is at the level of "no abortions" or "abortions whenever" and no one gets into the details. What happens with miscarriages and the baby dies in utero? What happens with an ectopic pregnancy? What do we do with a steep rise in babies carried to term but given up for adoption? These are all details that people need to work on, at every level, to make sure our laws and the implementation of the laws work and make sense. Or we could just trash things we don't understand or don't want to put the effort into on message boards and social media. :coffee:
Well, ‘bail reform’ has been done in the last few years in NY state and a slew of major cities with far left DAs, so far with disasterous results of skyrocketing violent crime rates.

Can you name a major city or state that has done ‘bail reform’ without violent crime rates going up?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Was he being a dick? Like Rand Paul?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:42 am

Well, ‘bail reform’ has been done in the last few years in NY state and a slew of major cities with far left DAs, so far with disasterous results of skyrocketing violent crime rates.

Can you name a major city or state that has done ‘bail reform’ without violent crime rates going up?
Can you give me a reason why a poor person should rot in jail awaiting trial, sometimes up to and beyond a year, while a more affluent person gets to go about their life as if nothing happened until trial (all the while having unfettered access to a lawyer while the poor dude in prison sees their lawyer on a very limited basis)? And heck, that doesn't even get into the racial differences in bail determinations (which also are real). Like I said, don't like the implementation of bail reform, then dive into the details and fix those issues. Trying to pretend there wasn't a serious problem with bail issuance prior to this, and throwing in the same concerns with paroles, is just as much of a problem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:06 am

Maybe he was. But I don't see anything anyone could be doing or saying that would warrant and justify political assassination. No need to minimize it just because you don't agree with the target of an assassination. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:08 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am

Can you give me a reason why a poor person should rot in jail awaiting trial, sometimes up to and beyond a year, while a more affluent person gets to go about their life as if nothing happened until trial (all the while having unfettered access to a lawyer while the poor dude in prison sees their lawyer on a very limited basis)? And heck, that doesn't even get into the racial differences in bail determinations (which also are real). Like I said, don't like the implementation of bail reform, then dive into the details and fix those issues. Trying to pretend there wasn't a serious problem with bail issuance prior to this, and throwing in the same concerns with paroles, is just as much of a problem.
Can you give me a reason that people with double digit prior arrests and convictions should be let right back out on the street? Philadelphia, New York City, Chicago, Houston, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, etc, etc, etc. all with liberal DA’s, all have all done some form of bail reform recently in the last few years, and look at their crime rates the last couple of years.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:08 am

Can you give me a reason that people with double digit prior arrests and convictions should be let right back out on the street? Philadelphia, New York City, Chicago, Houston, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, etc, etc, etc. all with liberal DA’s, all have all done some form of bail reform recently in the last few years, and look at their crime rates the last couple of years.
Rather than jumping to the extreme, how about a person with no priors or one prior or whatever a low number would be? Do we not do any reform, as you seem to be advocating for, because it can be screwed up?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Bail should either be zero or infinity.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Biden support among Hispanics now down to 19%.

Where’s JSO to explain this away?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:09 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:06 am

Maybe he was. But I don't see anything anyone could be doing or saying that would warrant and justify political assassination. No need to minimize it just because you don't agree with the target of an assassination. :coffee:
Oh c'mon, loosen up, its not even as big a deal as tour groups visiting the Capitol.. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:15 pm Biden support among Hispanics now down to 19%.

I'd say anything less than a 50 seat gain this fall would be underpeforming by the conks
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:22 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:15 pm Biden support among Hispanics now down to 19%.

I'd say anything less than a 50 seat gain this fall would be underpeforming by the conks
:lol: :lol:

Just add THIS to the long list of things JSO has been wrong about.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:22 am

They gained 15 in 2020. A 35 seat gain would be 50 seats in 2 years, and the conks would have the largest # of seats in the House since 1928.

That said, I'll go with the conks gaining 50 more seats in the fall, making it 65 over 2 elections.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Republicans Confront Unexpected Online Money Slowdown
Small-dollar donations typically increase as an election nears. But just the opposite has happened in recent months across a wide range of Republican entities, including every major party committee and former President Donald Trump’s political operation.

The total amount donated online fell more than 12% across all federal Republican campaigns and committees in the second quarter compared with the first quarter, according to an analysis of federal records from WinRed, the main online Republican donation-processing portal.

More alarming for Republicans: Democratic contributions surged at the same time. Total federal donations on ActBlue, the Democratic counterpart, jumped more than 21%.
Exacerbating the fundraising problems for Republicans is that Trump continues to be the party’s dominant fundraiser and yet virtually none of the tens of millions of dollars he has raised has gone toward defeating Democrats. Instead, the money has funded his political team and retribution agenda against Republicans who have crossed him.
We're obviously not smart enough to understand trump's strategic approach but I have to assume that the art of the deal, stable genius' strategy will help the red tsunami to the yugest election in history. :coffee: :mrgreen:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Every donk politician running now in a projected tight fall race needs to be asked 3 yes or no questions by their conk opponents:
-Do you believe abortion should remain legal for all 9 months of the pregnancy right up until the moment of birth?
-Do you believe men can get pregnant?
-Do you believe biological men should be allowed to play womens’ sports?

For the conks they can answer all 3 questions as ‘No’, before asking their donk opponents. Of course not a single donk in a projected tight race will answer no to any of those questions because of their lunatic woke trans ideologist base. They won’t say yes either, because it would kill them with a majority of the electorate. They will spin and deflect. But their non answers will be great fodder for conk campaign commercials.

The abortion question has already been asked to several donk candidates, and they have spun, dodged, and weaved with non answers..

The biological males plying female sports is a big one for parents with sports playing daughters..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:41 pm Every donk politician running now in a projected tight fall race needs to be asked 3 yes or no questions by their conk opponents:
-Do you believe abortion should remain legal for all 9 months of the pregnancy right up until the moment of birth?

For the conks they can answer all 3 questions as ‘No’, before asking their donk opponents. Of course not a single donk in a projected tight race will answer no to any of those questions because of their lunatic woke trans ideologist base. They won’t say yes either, because it would kill them with a majority of the electorate. They will spin and deflect. But their non answers will be great fodder for conk campaign commercials.

The abortion question has already been asked to several donk candidates, and they have spun, dodged, and weaved with non answers..

The biological males plying female sports is a big one for parents with sports playing daughters..
Should every conk be asked:
- Do you believe abortion should be legal in the first trimester or in cases of rape or incest?
- Do you believe that people of the same sex should be able to get married?
- Do you believe that the government should not restrict access to preventative contraception?
- Do you believe the 2020 election was stolen?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:41 pm Every donk politician running now in a projected tight fall race needs to be asked 3 yes or no questions by their conk opponents:

- Do you believe abortion should be legal in the first trimester or in cases of rape or incest?
- Do you believe that the government should not restrict access to preventative contraception?
I guarantee you’d get a lot more people with answers that might surprise you than you would on BDK’s three donk litmus tests…
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 pm Should every conk be asked:
I guarantee you’d get a lot more people with answers that might surprise you than you would on BDK’s three donk litmus tests…
You might be right but would they risk pissing off the MAGAt zealots by answering (or voting) honestly? And there are a lot of conks afraid to piss off trump with their answer to the last question.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
You might be right but would they risk pissing off the MAGAt zealots by answering (or voting) honestly? And there are a lot of conks afraid to piss off trump with their answer to the last question.

Agreed. The last question is the hardest (for MAGAs) of the group.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:rofl:

Stacey Abrams Can’t Find a Georgia Cop Who Supports Her
Peach State Democrat forced to go out of state to find a sheriff surrogate for a new ad

Georgia Democratic gubernatorial nominee Stacey Abrams is out with a new ad that uses a "former deputy sheriff" to argue that Abrams's opponent is making the state "less safe." There's just one problem: That officer never served in Georgia.

In a July 12 ad titled "Dangerous," Abrams's leadership PAC, One Georgia, employs a "former deputy sheriff"—who is identified only as "Dennis"—to claim that Republican governor Brian Kemp "may talk tough" but "makes us less safe." But "Dennis" never patrolled the mean streets of Atlanta—or any Georgia street, for that matter. "Dennis" is LGBT attorney and Democratic activist Dennis Collard, a Florida native who worked as a police officer in the Sunshine State from 1994-1999, his LinkedIn shows. Collard—who, according to his LinkedIn, uses pronouns he/him—went on to join an Atlanta-based law firm in 2003, roughly 13 years before he founded his own divorce firm in Atlanta.

This is far from the first time Abrams has been forced to go out of state in search of political support. Just 14 percent of the $50 million she's raised for her campaign against Kemp came from Georgia residents. Nearly half of that money, meanwhile, came from Washington, D.C., California, New York, and Delaware. Abrams in May called Georgia "the worst state in the country to live."
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 pm

If you asked donks, esp 2 years later in 2018 when the Fake Russia Collusion Delusion narrative was still being peddled, "Do you believe the 2016 election was stolen?" do you think the results would be any different?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CNN is preparing their viewers early for the red wave: