SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:41 am
SDHornet wrote:
Then why is it banned in Europe and most other developed countries?
Why are you liberals always trying to make the US more like Europe? ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:39 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:54 pm

I think he’s trying to say the Russian hoax was 100% fabricated.

:lol:
It was blown way out of proportion (and subsequently used by Nancy Pelosi and company in a sham impeachment attempt to overthrow a duly elected POTUS) but it wasn't 100% fabricated. :coffee:
Outside of some legit (ish) business deals, I am trying to think of what parts were not "made out of whole cloth" and coming up blank (not unusual these days :lol: ).

Going off of memory, there were some concerns on business deals but no more than anybody else of his position would have. The rest of it was BS.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:44 am

It was blown way out of proportion (and subsequently used by Nancy Pelosi and company in a sham impeachment attempt to overthrow a duly elected POTUS) but it wasn't 100% fabricated. :coffee:
Outside of some legit (ish) business deals, I am trying to think of what parts were not "made out of whole cloth" and coming up blank (not unusual these days :lol: ).

Going off of memory, there were some concerns on business deals but no more than anybody else of his position would have. The rest of it was BS.
Not exactly. Some was unrelated but not all of it. As a refresher….

Sentenced:

Former Trump 2016 campaign chairman Paul Manafort: Sentenced to 7.5 years in prison this March for bank and tax fraud and crimes related to his work as a political consultant in Ukraine.

Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen: Received a three-year prison sentence in Dec. 2018 for tax evasion, bank fraud, lying to Congress and campaign finance violations.
Former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos: Convicted of lying to investigators about about Russian contacts. He served 12 days in prison and in October, filed to run for former Rep. Katie Hill's California seat.

Richard Pinedo: The California man was sentenced to six months in prison in Oct. 2018 for selling bank account numbers to Russians who engaged in election interference. He has no known connection to Trump.

Dutch attorney Alex van der Zwaan: Pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators about his work for law firm Skadden, Arps, Meagher, & Flom LLP and Affiliates in 2012. He was sentenced to 30 days in prison and a $20,000 fine.
Ex-Trump campaign deputy chairman Rick Gates: Pleaded guilty in Feb. 2018 to conspiracy and lying to the FBI. After cooperating extensively in multiple investigations, Gates was sentenced in December to 45 days in jail, three years of probation and 300 hours of community service.

Roger Stone: Sentenced to 40 months in prison for crimes that include obstruction of justice, lying to Congress and witness tampering. A federal jury convicted Stone last year after he lied to Congress about his efforts to learn more about when WikiLeaks would publish damaging emails about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election.
Awaiting sentencing:

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn: The retired three-star general pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in Dec. 2017.

https://www.axios.com/2019/11/15/trump- ... stigations
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And then this recent one:

“WASHINGTON — A Republican political operative and former campaign aide was convicted in federal court this week of funneling $25,000 from a Russian businessman to Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

Jesse Benton was found guilty Thursday of six counts that included soliciting an illegal foreign contribution, attempting to cover it up and submitting false information about the source of the money.

Benton worked numerous campaigns, including as a strategist on the Great America PAC, a super Pac supporting Donald Trump's 2016 win, as well as the campaigns of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul, both Republicans from Kentucky, and Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/gop-ope ... aign-.html
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

There should be a firewall between business and campaign activities. No one associated with a US Presidential campaign should be in a position that could be perceived as soliciting campaign assistance from a foreign power.

Most of kalm's examples are of people convicted of lying but not collusion. Jesse Benton is the exception but was he soliciting money for trump?

The flip side of this is that it was for the 2016 campaign. trump's opponent is infamous for her family foundation's soliciting "donations" from foreign powers. This is the pot calling the kettle black.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:22 am

There should be a firewall between business and campaign activities. No one associated with a US Presidential campaign should be in a position that could be perceived as soliciting campaign assistance from a foreign power.

Most of kalm's examples are of people convicted of lying but not collusion. Jesse Benton is the exception but was he soliciting money for trump?

The flip side of this is that it was for the 2016 campaign. trump's opponent is infamous for her family foundation's soliciting "donations" from foreign powers. This is the pot calling the kettle black.
That was what I was thinking, low hanging fruit type of convictions (Take the pool of people that were convicted and expand it to their peers and I bet 3/4 of them are guilty of the same thing) and nothing related to what the original premise stood upon (that Trump was in bed with Russia and taking orders from them).

And I agree on the firewall and would expand it to include any politician, not just a President.

Yea, the tell for Hillary was once she was no longer in power, those "charity" donations sure disappeared fast. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Down with the pronouns!

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:02 am Down with the pronouns!

I'm disappointed in the memesters - combine this with Trump doing his spaz routine about the disabled reporter.... ah shoulda woulda coulda
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Thank you dumb**** UGA fans for that gem of a candidate.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2022 Erections Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Pwns wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am Thank you dumb**** UGA fans and trump for that gem of a candidate.
FYP - let's give donnie his due.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:02 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:24 pm

Mail-in is more secure.
Wrong.
It is 100% secure. We've used it in GOP Controlled Arizona for decades with no issues whatsoever. Idiots on here commenting on what they know zero about.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2022 Erections Thread

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 am
Pwns wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am Thank you dumb**** UGA fans and trump for that gem of a candidate.
FYP - let's give donnie his due.
Yup.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Sinema has left the donk party.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Pwns wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am Thank you dumb**** UGA fans for that gem of a candidate.
Any other candidate, especially Gary Black, would have won that race back in November going away. It was a slam dunk.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:09 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:02 pm
Wrong.
It is 100% secure. We've used it in GOP Controlled Arizona for decades with no issues whatsoever. Idiots on here commenting on what they know zero about.
When you say mail in, what do you mean? USPS delivering them, or voter drop box, or both?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

There should be logs of whoever changed the printer settings in Maricopa county. Ballots were supposed to be 19 inches, but were printed at 20 inches, causing the tabulators to be unable to scan the ballot.

Was working fine the day before apparently and then all of a sudden, printers start spitting out 20 inch prints instead of 19.

Not to mention they apparently have chain of custody issues as well. Voting centers are supposed to have an accurate accounting of the ballots cast at each location. Ballots were simply thrown in a bin and taken to a different location without knowing how many were being moved. Big issue.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:52 am There should be logs of whoever changed the printer settings in Maricopa county. Ballots were supposed to be 19 inches, but were printed at 20 inches, causing the tabulators to be unable to scan the ballot.

Was working fine the day before apparently and then all of a sudden, printers start spitting out 20 inch prints instead of 19.

Not to mention they apparently have chain of custody issues as well. Voting centers are supposed to have an accurate accounting of the ballots cast at each location. Ballots were simply thrown in a bin and taken to a different location without knowing how many were being moved. Big issue.

Benny Johnson! :notworthy:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This guy! :lol:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:41 am This guy! :lol:

Exactly. You'd think he told everyone he was Native American to get a job at Harvard.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Does anyone else find it uniquely strange that Biden simps are all of the sudden upset when someone lies about their background. :?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 am

Exactly. You'd think he told everyone he was Native American to get a job at Harvard.
...or survived a fire, had a son killed in Iraq, arrested in a civil rights march, arrested when he met Mandela, graduated at the top of his law school class, was once a truck driver, had a job at a timber company, raised by Puerto Ricans, etc. etc. etc.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote:

Does anyone else find it uniquely strange that Biden simps are all of the sudden upset when someone lies about their background. :?
Kind of like MAGAts who are all of a sudden upset about lying in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:54 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 am

...or survived a fire, had a son killed in Iraq, arrested in a civil rights march, arrested when he met Mandela, graduated at the top of his law school class, was once a truck driver, had a job at a timber company, raised by Puerto Ricans, etc. etc. etc.
Or lied about being appointed to the US Naval Academy.
Or lied about his reason for quitting the UD football team.
Or lied about attending an HBCU.
Or lied about receiving 3 degrees.
Or lied about teaching at UPENN.
Or lied about his family background while plagiarizing a speech.
Or lied about his wife and daughter being killed by a drunk driver.
Or lied about the # of times he was in Afghanistan amd Iraq.
Or lied about being shot at in Iraq.
Or lied about police being killed on 1/6..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.