I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:06 am

What is CRT? :?
Ask klammy
It’s history that’s uncomfortable to some.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:24 pm

Lots of anti-CRT school board candidates picking up dubs yesterday. :thumb:
You are an evil white man. No go atone for your sins, cracker.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:12 am

It’s quite weird that ya’ll feel guilty over CRT.

Hugs?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:15 am
Yep. Conk sweep of that school board. Unprecendented apparently in that county. Running on anti-CRT.

The red tsunami is building..
The conks are way ahead of the game when it comes to ground up organizing. School boards, city councils, county commissioners…

It’s a continuation of strategies that saw the Dems lose a 1000 state seats throughout the Obama years.
This is very true. You look at the Dems in a lot of places and there is no bench. The GOP has a lot of people in county government, legislators, etc.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:33 am

Hugs?
Not nearly as weird as you folks have your head in the sand, playing dumb.

Or are you playing? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:14 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:33 am

Hugs?

Why would I feel guilty about slavery and racism being taught? I didn’t do it nor do I support it ever happening.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:19 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:14 am

Why would I feel guilty about slavery and racism being taught? I didn’t do it nor do I support it ever happening.
Did you not learn about slavery and racism in school? I did. If you don’t understand that’s not what CRT is, then there’s no point in continuing the discussion.

Again, it’s either too nuanced for you, or you’re being purposely obtuse on the matter. Houndy, I’m certain, is just dumb, so he has no excuse. You do.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:21 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:19 am

Did you not learn about slavery and racism in school? I did. If you don’t understand that’s not what CRT is, then there’s no point in continuing the discussion.

Again, it’s either too nuanced for you, or you’re being purposely obtuse on the matter. Houndy, I’m certain, is just dumb, so he has no excuse. You do.
Yes…although that was 40 years ago and I don’t think I appreciated it at the time.

Similar to the groomer debate I’ll wait till there’s significant evidence this is a widespread problem with anal sex and white guilt curriculums for 5 year olds rather than just anecdotally tweet and Fox News driven.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:46 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:21 am

Yes…although that was 40 years ago and I don’t think I appreciated it at the time.

Similar to the groomer debate I’ll wait till there’s significant evidence this is a widespread problem with anal sex and white guilt curriculums for 5 year olds rather than just anecdotally tweet and Fox News driven.
Why didn't you show the same discretion and wait for proof that Trump was a fascist? :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:50 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:46 am

Why didn't you show the same discretion and wait for proof that Trump was a fascist? :coffee:
Well I held off on the fascist talk until it became obvious. But another instance of a rather poor equivalency. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:50 am
Well I held off on the fascist talk until it became obvious. But another instance of a rather poor equivalency. :lol:
When did it become obvious? I'd love to see the proof. Can you share it or is it kept in top-secret illiberal, pseudo-progressive vaults somewhere? :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:00 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:55 am

When did it become obvious? I'd love to see the proof. Can you share it or is it kept in top-secret illiberal, pseudo-progressive vaults somewhere? :kisswink:
No it’s in plain view for those willing to look.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:00 am
So you've got nothing.

Trump's a wannabe tinpot dictator not worthy of all the fascist pearl-clutching by illiberals. Prove me wrong.

Trump winning the Republican nomination in 2024 gives the Democratic Party the best chance of retaining the Presidency.
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri May 06, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:26 am

So you've got nothing.

Trump's a wannabe tinpot dictator not worthy of all the fascist peal-clutching by illiberals. Prove me wrong.

Trump winning the Republican nomination in 2024 gives the Democratic Party the best chance of retaining the Presidency.
And the crazy part is the Dems are on track to still wind up loosing the election.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Lebanon man accused of killing wife among winners in Indiana primary race
Andrew Wilhoite, who’s suspected of fatally striking his wife with a gallon-sized concrete flower pot, secured a spot Tuesday as one of three Republican candidates in the race for a seat on the Clinton Township Board.
WTF! Do they not allow write-ins?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 am Lebanon man accused of killing wife among winners in Indiana primary race
Andrew Wilhoite, who’s suspected of fatally striking his wife with a gallon-sized concrete flower pot, secured a spot Tuesday as one of three Republican candidates in the race for a seat on the Clinton Township Board.
There were three people on the ballot for a three person Township Board. Nobody was going to lose the election. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:24 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 am Lebanon man accused of killing wife among winners in Indiana primary race

There were three people on the ballot for a three person Township Board. Nobody was going to lose the election. :lol:
I know, that's why I asked about write-ins. Seemed to be the only way to keep the guy from winning.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So you've got nothing.

Trump's a wannabe tinpot dictator not worthy of all the fascist pearl-clutching by illiberals. Prove me wrong.

Which definition of fascism would you prefer to use? Let’s check the boxes together using recent and historical examples.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:49 pm

So you've got nothing.

Which definition of fascism would you prefer to use? Let’s check the boxes together using recent and historical examples.
According to Merriam Webster: fascism - fascism is a "a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."
  • Exalts nation and often race above the individual - maybe ... America first exalts the nation over the international community not necessarily the individual. The individual is primary in some instances (guns) but not others (abortion). Illiberals exalt the international community over the nation which while not fascist I would argue is just as bad.
  • Stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader - maybe ... Trump wanted to be a tinpot dictator but was never a real threat due to his own incompetence and our checks and balances to prevent it. Illiberals don't disagree with Trump's desire for a centralized autocratic government. Their concern is more about who would be in charge (i.e. they support it if they're in control).
  • Severe economic and social regimentation - maybe ... not economic regimentation but an argument could be made for social regimentation. Illiberals, however do want severe economic and social regimentation. They want to control the economy and they want to force their social mores on conservatives.
  • Forcible suppression of opposition - No. You could make an argument if you give credence to the dumb ass things he said and maybe dreamt about but in terms of actual events he did not suppress the opposition. Do you really believe that your illiberal kalmrades don't dream about forcibly suppressing conservatives? If one can be convicted based on thoughts then they should be held accountable as well.
I'm still not convinced that Trump is any more of a fascist than AOChe but I won't hold my breath waiting for Nina Jankowicz to address the disinformation.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

...so you're saying its about what really happened? Why wouldn't you want to know the real story? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:39 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:06 am I am in LOVE….sweet Jesus….

I 2nd that.. :nod:
Let’s keep the focus squarely where it belongs. Right HERE. :nod: :nod: :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:26 pm
kalm wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:49 pm

According to Merriam Webster: fascism - fascism is a "a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."
  • Exalts nation and often race above the individual - maybe ... America first exalts the nation over the international community not necessarily the individual. The individual is primary in some instances (guns) but not others (abortion). Illiberals exalt the international community over the nation which while not fascist I would argue is just as bad.
  • Stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader - maybe ... Trump wanted to be a tinpot dictator but was never a real threat due to his own incompetence and our checks and balances to prevent it. Illiberals don't disagree with Trump's desire for a centralized autocratic government. Their concern is more about who would be in charge (i.e. they support it if they're in control).
  • Severe economic and social regimentation - maybe ... not economic regimentation but an argument could be made for social regimentation. Illiberals, however do want severe economic and social regimentation. They want to control the economy and they want to force their social mores on conservatives.
  • Forcible suppression of opposition - No. You could make an argument if you give credence to the dumb ass things he said and maybe dreamt about but in terms of actual events he did not suppress the opposition. Do you really believe that your illiberal kalmrades don't dream about forcibly suppressing conservatives? If one can be convicted based on thoughts then they should be held accountable as well.
I'm still not convinced that Trump is any more of a fascist than AOChe but I won't hold my breath waiting for Nina Jankowicz to address the disinformation.
Similar to Ganny you’re confusing fascism with authoritarianism. Your strongest argument is that our system was strong enough to withstand Trump’s fascistic desires. :?

You’re right that it mostly was, but lowering tax rates further consolidated power which will have lasting effects. That’s a hallmark of fascism - corporatism that favors the elites who swear fealty to the party (eerily similar to soviet and current Russian style authoritarianism. And Alan Moore’s Chancellor Sutler in V for Vendetta being a terrific fictional example.)

So you’re wrong on the economics but correct on some comparisons to the left. Lord knows Hillary is a shining example of power and wealth consolidation - corporatism. The same however, is not true when it comes to labor supporting leftists like AOC or Bernie. As history as shown, despite labor’s best intentions and the marxist overthrow of the ruling capitalist class, authoritarianism and individual power typically wins the day - similar to fascism. Again except for in America so far.

Are fascism and marxism-Leninism similar in that they both can lead to authoritarianism? Of course. But they are different too, and Trump fits squarely on one side.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:54 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:26 pm

Similar to Ganny you’re confusing fascism with authoritarianism. Your strongest argument is that our system was strong enough to withstand Trump’s fascistic desires. :?

You’re right that it mostly was, but lowering tax rates further consolidated power which will have lasting effects. That’s a hallmark of fascism - corporatism that favors the elites who swear fealty to the party (eerily similar to soviet and current Russian style authoritarianism. And Alan Moore’s Chancellor Sutler in V for Vendetta being a terrific fictional example.)

So you’re wrong on the economics but correct on some comparisons to the left. Lord knows Hillary is a shining example of power and wealth consolidation - corporatism. The same however, is not true when it comes to labor supporting leftists like AOC or Bernie. As history as shown, despite labor’s best intentions and the marxist overthrow of the ruling capitalist class, authoritarianism and individual power typically wins the day - similar to fascism. Again except for in America so far.

Are fascism and marxism-Leninism similar in that they both can lead to authoritarianism? Of course. But they are different too, and Trump fits squarely on one side.
So your argument is, despite their best intentions, basically socialism just isn’t being done right. :lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:21 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:54 am

So your argument is, despite their best intentions, basically socialism just isn’t being done right. :lol: :lol:
My argument, since you have trouble following along, is that Trump has strong fascist game.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So you've got nothing.

Agreed, that's why I'm in the DeSantis camp. 8-)