UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:33 pm
:suspicious: This is nuts. You do not get practice sessions for debates at the debate venue, closed captioning at a debate. If Fetterman is too impaired to simply stand behind a podium and answer questions, he’s too impaired to be a US Senator.
Eh, I have no problem with the accommodations for Fetterman and I have no problem with Oz's three stipulations as well. If Fetterman isn't physically or mentally able to function in a debate with those conditions then I think viewers will see that and it will be up to the voters how they feel about that and if they want to cast their vote in that direction. Voters can vote for whomever they want to vote for, just show them the candidates (which this debate will show) and make their own judgements from there.
How do you have a practice session for a political debate? I would think that there would typically be internal practice sessions but how would it work with your actual opponent? Would the moderator use the same questions that they planned to use in the actual debate?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:56 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:59 am

DeSantis…America’s #1 Coyote.
Well I guess DeSantis showed them… :lol:

Martha’s Vineyard homeless advocate:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/marthas-vine ... -somewhere
Wait. I thought they were a sanctuary city. :suspicious: A true lib would say they all can stay. With a population of over 17k, Martha’s Vineyard can surely easily handle 50 illegals. The wealthy uber libs of Martha’s Vineyard I’m sure all have spare bedrooms and/or guest houses. If they were good liberals, they would simply open their own homes to these folks… Heck, Obama’s estate alone has something like 10 bedrooms. Most of them could stay there..:coffee:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:11 pm

I do think after the 3 busload (so what, something like 100 people in total or so) that NYC declared an emergency and said they were being overrun with immigrants.
I think Chicago didn't even wait that long and did it on the second bus load.
And its already rattling them.

The strategy by Abbott, Ducy, and now Desantis is fooking brilliant. And other conk govs should join in. Just keep sending them.. :nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:56 pm Now Desantis is sending illegals to Matha‘s Vineyard. Lawl. Should send them to the Hamptons and every other uber wealthy limousine liberal enclave.. :nod:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-de ... s-vineyard
DeSantis…America’s #1 Coyote.
I'm sure those wealthy white Massachusetts residents appreciate you defending them from DeSantis' immigrant attack. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm I think Chicago didn't even wait that long and did it on the second bus load.

The strategy by Abbott, Ducy, and now Desantis is fooking brilliant. And other conk govs should join in. Just keep sending them.. :nod:
I can't wait for the Governor of Idaho to start sending Canadians to Seattle ... :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Remember the Biden secret illegal immigrant flights?
https://nypost.com/2022/01/27/biden-is- ... t-flights/
So Biden transporting illegals into the interior of the country is ok for the left. Its only bad when conk governors do it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

The best thread on Twitter right now. :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:19 pm The best thread on Twitter right now. :lol:

Liberals showing their true colors.. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Detaining someone at gun point for jogging while black is cool if you’re a donk. Its only racist when conks do it. Reminds me of what happened in GA but the jogger didn’t resist and Fetterman didn’t pull the trigger. From 2013.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:07 am Detaining someone at gun point for jogging while black is cool if you’re a donk. Its only racist when conks do it. Reminds me of what happened in GA but the jogger didn’t resist and Fetterman didn’t pull the trigger. From 2013.
That's been one of the big issues coming up for Fetterman on how to address. Everyone's known the story has been out there (pretty sure it was discussed during the primary), Oz has just been waiting to tee it up for the general election. Thankfully no one was hurt, but it was the case of a white guy with a weapon confronting a black guy solely because he was black.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:33 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Eh, I have no problem with the accommodations for Fetterman and I have no problem with Oz's three stipulations as well. If Fetterman isn't physically or mentally able to function in a debate with those conditions then I think viewers will see that and it will be up to the voters how they feel about that and if they want to cast their vote in that direction. Voters can vote for whomever they want to vote for, just show them the candidates (which this debate will show) and make their own judgements from there.
How do you have a practice session for a political debate? I would think that there would typically be internal practice sessions but how would it work with your actual opponent? Would the moderator use the same questions that they planned to use in the actual debate?
I understood that it was just Fetterman and his aides getting to be in the venue, using the equipment, seeing how the closed captioning will work, how long it takes, where to look, etc. I don't think anyone is seriously thinking they'll have the questions in advance (this isn't a DNC moderated debate so there are higher standards than that) or that he'll get advantages like that. Even the diehards on the right pulling their hair out over this can really think that, they're just making a scene.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm
BDKJMU wrote: And its already rattling them.

I can't wait for the Governor of Idaho to start sending Canadians to Seattle ... :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:39 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:45 pm

That's great to hear. My grandma had a stroke (more like series of strokes) and was in a mostly vegetative state for a decade before passing.

Back to this issue, does it make sense to put a senate seat in the hands of someone who might have medical issues for the rest of their life? This person is going to weigh in on issues that impact all of the nation seeing as its a Senate seat. Seems like the Donks could/should have done a better job at vetting their candidate...same goes for the conks for picking Dr. Oz.
Have you seen the mental and physical condition of the senate?

Yes, all these old folk need to step aside. I have no issue with an age limit for our Congresscritters.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:19 pm The best thread on Twitter right now. :lol:

:nod:

A wealthy and very white sanctuary city deported their illegals in less than 24 hours. Let that sink in.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Right…so it’s not a simple issue and one we all share in.
We might all share in it but the border states are disproportionately impacted by it. Biden and his administration abdicated their responsibility to secure our border while leaders in these liberal enclaves cheered them on. Texas took the initiative to share the pain and the irony of the liberal complaints is rich. Maybe this will lead to our leaders actually working to secure our borders and putting in place a reasonable immigration policy rather than sticking their heads in the sand. If Texas hadn't done this, I'm confident the Biden administration would have done nothing while the crisis worsened.
:nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:02 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:56 pm
Its a very simple issue:
-Finish the wall
-End catch and release.
-Reinstate Remain in Mexico
-Reinstate Title 42.

And the 2 1/2 million encounters a year now would go down to what they were last yr under Trump, about 400-500k. Problem mostly solved.
So much faster and easier to just jail the employers hiring illegals. :thumb:
There's going to be 87k more IRS agents to hurt them where it matters most. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:53 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:02 pm

So much faster and easier to just jail the employers hiring illegals. :thumb:
There's going to be 87k more IRS agents to hurt them where it matters most. :coffee:
long overdue for the freeloaders but they still need to make examples of a few of the worst offenders. Do that and watch the problem shrink - of course then you need to find somebody else to demonize :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:47 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:39 pm

Have you seen the mental and physical condition of the senate?

Yes, all these old folk need to step aside. I have no issue with an age limit for our Congresscritters.
There's one we can agree on :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:35 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:33 pm

I understood that it was just Fetterman and his aides getting to be in the venue, using the equipment, seeing how the closed captioning will work, how long it takes, where to look, etc. I don't think anyone is seriously thinking they'll have the questions in advance (this isn't a DNC moderated debate so there are higher standards than that) or that he'll get advantages like that. Even the diehards on the right pulling their hair out over this can really think that, they're just making a scene.
Maybe so....but if that sonofabitch shows up for the debate in a tan suit....
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:00 pm What, exactly, would they closed caption? The questions? His responses? Can he not hear clearly? Because he obviously can’t SPEAK complete sentences.
...that makes the Republicans worry about his crossover appeal. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm

I think Chicago didn't even wait that long and did it on the second bus load.

I'm actually OK with the concept of spreading the responsibility, if not with how with its being conducted - its a simple fix really. The feds should withhold enough monies from the State's allocation to cover all expenses and everybody is happy. No?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:57 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:00 pm What, exactly, would they closed caption? The questions? His responses? Can he not hear clearly? Because he obviously can’t SPEAK complete sentences.
...that makes the Republicans worry about his crossover appeal. :nod:
Yes, because so many republicans crossed over and voted for the guy whose brain has atrophied beyond saving.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:14 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:20 pm

I'm actually OK with the concept of spreading the responsibility, if not with how with its being conducted - its a simple fix really. The feds should withhold enough monies from the State's allocation to cover all expenses and everybody is happy. No?
This is the 2nd time you’ve posted this. What expense, precisely, is the Fed enduring here? In fact its the other way around, the states (TX, AZ, FL) should BILL the feds for the expense of shipping these illegals out.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:14 am

This is the 2nd time you’ve posted this. What expense, precisely, is the Fed enduring here? In fact its the other way around, the states (TX, AZ, FL) should BILL the feds for the expense of shipping these illegals out.
One sign of dementia. People repeat themselves.