Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: MAGAt Squad gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am
SeattleGriz wrote:
How many tries are you going to give the establishment? They were incapable of finding anything with their Russia collusion and other hilariously weak investigations...but now they've got him! :lol:
Are you arguing that:

1) January 6 didn’t happen, that it was a peaceful protest by tourists, or that trump had nothing to do with it?

2) it’s okay to attempt to replace duly selected slates of electors with slates of fraudulent electors?

3) trump didn’t knowingly obstruct the return of documents belonging to the US government?

Russia collusion was flimsy as hell. The charges against him now are more substantial and the evidence is much stronger.

But even if he’s convicted, you’ll write it off to lawfare or some other excuse. trump is always making excuses and blaming others for his misdeeds. When was the last time he held himself responsible for something negative?
Had to break my reply up. Russia collusion was non existent and then they tried to get Trump with obstructing a non existent crime. They all knew it was bullshit. There was no predicate and it was obvious to the majority of the regular people, but especially the gang of eight, special counsel and DOJ.

What was their goal? To remove Trump from the Presidency and you blow it off as no big deal. Absolutely stunning how you feel about that level of Lawfare.

Obama got caught spying on Trump, Hillary made up the Russian lie and the DOJ instigated an investigation without a predicate. But yes, none of that sort of horseshit is happening now.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:51 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:49 am Are you arguing that:

1) January 6 didn’t happen, that it was a peaceful protest by tourists, or that trump had nothing to do with it?

2) it’s okay to attempt to replace duly selected slates of electors with slates of fraudulent electors?

3) trump didn’t knowingly obstruct the return of documents belonging to the US government?

Russia collusion was flimsy as hell. The charges against him now are more substantial and the evidence is much stronger.

But even if he’s convicted, you’ll write it off to lawfare or some other excuse. trump is always making excuses and blaming others for his misdeeds. When was the last time he held himself responsible for something negative?
1). Didn't he get impeached and not convicted on this topic.
2) You using the term 'fake' electors is telling. They were alternate electors and from the items I've seen, many admitted as such and were submitting to replace if the election was found to be fraudulent. Whether that's dirty pool and trying to influence, I don't know.
3). You still don't understand the President Records Act and how that works, do you? Records get divided into personal and Presidential. Trump is arguing the documents he had in possession were all deemed personal and he should get to keep them. NARA and past Presidents work through lawyers to resolve. The whole case of trying to turn a civil issue into a felony via a special counsel, especially Jack Smith, is a travesty.

They're simply twisting law and you know it, but don't care because of your irrational hatred of all things Trump. You don't give a crap about justice.
1) He was impeached but not convicted because of russia collusion impeachment poisoned the well. He should have been impeached for inciting that mob. Regardless, criminal prosecution for January 6 is valid and I don't think it qualifies for double jeopardy.

2) I used the term fraudulent electors not fake electors. If the election was found to be fraudulent it would be up to the states following their constitutions to select new electors not the trump campaign to cherry-pick slates.

3) Sure if trump had cooperated with the government, allowing them access to all of the documents so that it could be determined what was personal and what wasn't. Unfortunately, he lied about having them, hid them, and ultimately forced the government to get a warrant to seize them.

trump is responsible for the situation he's in. It was his words and actions that led to this. It is not a witch hunt. The only thing he's a victim of is his own arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Your perspective is based on your irrational worship of all things Trump. You don't give a crap about justice.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:10 am

Are you arguing that:

Had to break my reply up. Russia collusion was non existent and then they tried to get Trump with obstructing a non existent crime. They all knew it was bullshit. There was no predicate and it was obvious to the majority of the regular people, but especially the gang of eight, special counsel and DOJ.

What was their goal? To remove Trump from the Presidency and you blow it off as no big deal. Absolutely stunning how you feel about that level of Lawfare.

Obama got caught spying on Trump, Hillary made up the Russian lie and the DOJ instigated an investigation without a predicate. But yes, none of that sort of horseshit is happening now.
Go back and read my posts about russia collusion. It was a travesty and just as much of an attempted coup as January 6 and the fraudulent electors. The perpetrators should also be prosecuted.

More importantly, it poisoned the well so that Republicans were loath to vote to impeach trump for his actions related to January 6 when he should have been impeached.

I disagree that russia collision was non-existent. Members of the trump campaign were in contact with russians so there is some smoke there. There was nowhere near enough evidence for impeachment but it's intellectually dishonest to argue that it was non-existent.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:09 am

Go back and read my posts about russia collusion. It was a travesty and just as much of an attempted coup as January 6 and the fraudulent electors. The perpetrators should also be prosecuted.

More importantly, it poisoned the well so that Republicans were loath to vote to impeach trump for his actions related to January 6 when he should have been impeached.

I disagree that russia collision was non-existent. Members of the trump campaign were in contact with russians so there is some smoke there. There was nowhere near enough evidence for impeachment but it's intellectually dishonest to argue that it was non-existent.
What were they in contact with them about?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Are you arguing that:

With Trump, all roads lead to Putin and there are no witnesses from our side to any of his conversations with Russian intelligence in Helsinki or in the Oval Office.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:39 am

Beet futures. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Which ED treatments worked best.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:46 am

With Trump, all roads lead to Putin and there are no witnesses from our side to any of his conversations with Russian intelligence in Helsinki or in the Oval Office.
:rofl: Oh man. Thank you for that. Good one.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:47 am

Which ED treatments worked best.
Little hands, mushroom dick. I can see your point.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

October 18 was an insurrection? Was it an attempt to prevent the Constitutional transfer of power? Was Biden in danger of being usurped?

What a stream of unhinged consciousness. She's bat sh!t crazy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:08 am

October 18 was an insurrection? Was it an attempt to prevent the Constitutional transfer of power? Was Biden in danger of being usurped?

Looks like someone on here is obsessed with MTG. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:08 am

It's my fault she tweets stupid sh!t and I post it?

That's like blaming you for all of the Biden gaffes, bungles, and trips you post about.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:17 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:05 pm

That's like blaming you for all of the Biden gaffes, bungles, and trips you post about.
The :lol: is that you bothered to read a doz long tweets of hers.

Biden’s clips are usually much shorter.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:17 pm

The :lol: is that you bothered to read a doz long unhinged tweets of hers.

Biden’s clips are usually much shorter.
FYP - she's funny when she loses it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

marge, the gift that keeps on giving.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

.....looks good on paper but there is no way they would have voted to impeach in any case; they were, most still are, terrified of trump and Mueller did say that if he weren't sitting in office there would nave been an indictment.
Last edited by houndawg on Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:50 am

Colonel Sanders :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Rick Santorum Says Quiet Part Out Loud After Republican Election Losses
Former Senator Rick Santorum complained that the major election losses Republicans suffered are actually a sign of how “pure democracies” are a bad form of government.
Talk about a sore loser. Does Santorum know that the US is not a "pure democracy"?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:05 pm Rick Santorum Says Quiet Part Out Loud After Republican Election Losses
Former Senator Rick Santorum complained that the major election losses Republicans suffered are actually a sign of how “pure democracies” are a bad form of government.
Talk about a sore loser. Does Santorum know that the US is not a "pure democracy"?
I think he beginning to suspect something like that
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:20 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:05 pm Rick Santorum Says Quiet Part Out Loud After Republican Election Losses

I think he beginning to suspect something like that
Rick Santorum was never the smartest guy in the room, and it's not like the room was full of smart people either.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

:lol:

It used to be a republic dammit!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:49 am

:lol:

It used to be a republic dammit!
Do you have any idea how exhausting it is teaching basic civics to illiberals? Now pseudo-conservatives don't understand them either? Maybe all members of Congress should be required to complete a civics class every term.