AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Is Fox News, news?

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:00 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:21 am

I completely agree. But you answered your own question. The law is NOT equally applied, and THAT is the problem here. Not where 1/6 was an “insurrection” and the BLM protests/riots weren’t. If one was, they BOTH were. But once again, we’re only going after the Trump supporters and the Donk supporters get a free pass.
..and the hits just keep on coming.... :rofl:

You don't even believe your own bullshit. Look at the Capitol when the protest was by BLM vs. when the protest was by the militia cunts. When BLM came to town the Capitol steps were lined with troops in full riot gear, when the militia cunts showed up the cops were wearing MAGA hats and were completely unprepared to deal with the sittuation; if the militia cunts weren't such gutless cunts they would have easily won the day. Fortunately they were too busy shitting on the floor and wiping their ass with the Flag to get anything done.
And all of that has nothing to do with who was charged with sedition and who wasn’t.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:00 am

..and the hits just keep on coming.... :rofl:

You don't even believe your own bullshit. Look at the Capitol when the protest was by BLM vs. when the protest was by the militia cunts. When BLM came to town the Capitol steps were lined with troops in full riot gear, when the militia cunts showed up the cops were wearing MAGA hats and were completely unprepared to deal with the sittuation; if the militia cunts weren't such gutless cunts they would have easily won the day. Fortunately they were too busy shitting on the floor and wiping their ass with the Flag to get anything done.
And all of that has nothing to do with who was charged with sedition and who wasn’t.
I didn't see any BLMers shitting on the floor in the Capitol either
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 am

No they chose to burn the city down. And there were THOUSANDS involved. But you go ahead a focus on 1-2 knuckleheads who went a bit too far on 1/6. it’s served you well so far.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I’m still getting the impression that Fox News isn’t reporting in a similar fashion to most of the media.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:32 am I’m still getting the impression that Fox News isn’t reporting in a similar fashion to most of the media.
And thank GOD for that. :nod: :nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:32 am I’m still getting the impression that Fox News isn’t reporting in a similar fashion to most of the media.
Really? I know this has never been mentioned before, but do you think maybe that's because most of the media is bias to the left while Fox is bias to the right? :shock:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:32 am I’m still getting the impression that Fox News isn’t reporting in a similar fashion to most of the leftist media.
FIFY.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:37 am
And thank GOD for that. :nod: :nod:
Ditto.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am
Really? I know this has never been mentioned before, but do you think maybe that's because most of the media is bias to the left while Fox is bias to the right? :shock:
Shhhhh….it’s a secret. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:43 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 am

No they chose to burn the city down. And there were THOUSANDS involved. But you go ahead a focus on 1-2 knuckleheads who went a bit too far on 1/6. it’s served you well so far.
Can't we focus on both?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:58 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:43 am

Can't we focus on both?
If only the law would too….
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

A Wofford friend of mine summed it up related to journalism period.

If you don't pay attention to the news you are ill informed.
If you pay attention to the news you are mis-informed. :(
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:14 pm
Baldy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am
These along with BDK’s reply warm my heart! :luv:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:43 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:14 pm

These along with BDK’s reply warm my heart! :luv:

....a welcome pause between their waves of rage-queefing :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

A solid historical breakdown of right wing propaganda and the daddy - authoritarian figure complex from a good old fashioned lefty…
First, conservatives are more vulnerable to listening to and believing people who present themselves as authority figures. This tracks back to George Lakoff’s finding that conservatives are most comfortable in a world that’s run along “strict father” lines, while progressives prefer a “nurturing family” model of society and politics.

While a strict father limits freedom, he also provides a sense of safety: “Father will protect and take care of you.” Putting your trust in authoritarian figures diminishes the complexity of life: there’s less to have to know or worry about if you believe that “father” has it all under control.

But it also makes conservatives more vulnerable to believing any old thing that “father” tells them.

Second, there’s more conservative misinformation out there than there is liberal misinformation. Thus, conservatives are more likely to be exposed to it and to share it.

To a large extent, this flows from the conservative worldview being more adolescent, narcissistic and “me-centered,” with the myth of the “rugged individual” at its center. Ayn Rand’s writing epitomizes this.

The conservative worldview putting, as it does, the “freedom of the individual” above the “welfare of society,” is much more vulnerable to corporate-funded pitches that work to increase profits. The core message of most advertising is, after all, “You are the most important person in the world and you want this product.”

And make no mistake about it: a lot of what passes as news and commentary is actually advertising for the idea that corporations and billionaires should be able to do whatever they want.

“Low taxes, reduced regulations, smaller government”: it’s a sales pitch.
https://hartmannreport.com/p/the-deadly ... dium=email

He also takes issue with Clinton’s telecommunications act and section 230.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Connecting the dots can produce different results:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:39 am A solid historical breakdown of right wing propaganda and the daddy - authoritarian figure complex from a good old fashioned lefty…
First, conservatives are more vulnerable to listening to and believing people who present themselves as authority figures. This tracks back to George Lakoff’s finding that conservatives are most comfortable in a world that’s run along “strict father” lines, while progressives prefer a “nurturing family” model of society and politics.

While a strict father limits freedom, he also provides a sense of safety: “Father will protect and take care of you.” Putting your trust in authoritarian figures diminishes the complexity of life: there’s less to have to know or worry about if you believe that “father” has it all under control.

But it also makes conservatives more vulnerable to believing any old thing that “father” tells them.

Second, there’s more conservative misinformation out there than there is liberal misinformation. Thus, conservatives are more likely to be exposed to it and to share it.

To a large extent, this flows from the conservative worldview being more adolescent, narcissistic and “me-centered,” with the myth of the “rugged individual” at its center. Ayn Rand’s writing epitomizes this.

The conservative worldview putting, as it does, the “freedom of the individual” above the “welfare of society,” is much more vulnerable to corporate-funded pitches that work to increase profits. The core message of most advertising is, after all, “You are the most important person in the world and you want this product.”

And make no mistake about it: a lot of what passes as news and commentary is actually advertising for the idea that corporations and billionaires should be able to do whatever they want.

“Low taxes, reduced regulations, smaller government”: it’s a sales pitch.

I think this article is hilarious and fatally flawed. Throughout COVID it's the CONSERVATIVES who continuously questioned authority. It's the CONSERVATIVES who took personal responsibility. It was the LIBS who believed every single piece of shit on MSM and in the government and spent every last ounce of energy (and STILL DO) trying to convince the unwashed conservative masses that their last days were before them if they didn't get the jab (remember the "Winter of Death" promised by Biden? How'd that turn out?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and that lame-ass attempt to link success in corporate pitches to those who profess "individualism"? Fucking PLEASE. Why do you think (on the other hand) all those woke corporations spend billions of dollars advertising to THEIR masses about how woke they are? How great they are for the environment? How safe their product is? How much they donate to BLM and ANTIFA and LGBTQA and Planned Parenthood and all those other woke wet dream organizations? That's right..."you are the most woke person in the world and you want this product"...Same shoe, different foot.

Yes, "low taxes, reduced regulations and smaller government" is a sales pitch. So is "free tuition, free healthcare and free money from the government". I know which pitch that I hope succeeds.....
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:00 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:39 am A solid historical breakdown of right wing propaganda and the daddy - authoritarian figure complex from a good old fashioned lefty…

I think this article is hilarious and fatally flawed. Throughout COVID it's the CONSERVATIVES who continuously questioned authority. It's the CONSERVATIVES who took personal responsibility. It was the LIBS who believed every single piece of shit on MSM and in the government and spent every last ounce of energy (and STILL DO) trying to convince the unwashed conservative masses that their last days were before them if they didn't get the jab (remember the "Winter of Death" promised by Biden? How'd that turn out?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and that lame-ass attempt to link success in corporate pitches to those who profess "individualism"? Fucking PLEASE. Why do you think (on the other hand) all those woke corporations spend billions of dollars advertising to THEIR masses about how woke they are? How great they are for the environment? How safe their product is? How much they donate to BLM and ANTIFA and LGBTQA and Planned Parenthood and all those other woke wet dream organizations? That's right..."you are the most woke person in the world and you want this product"...Same shoe, different foot.

Yes, "low taxes, reduced regulations and smaller government" is a sales pitch. So is "free tuition, free healthcare and free money from the government". I know which pitch that I hope succeeds.....
:werd:

Kalm is a squirrel chasing a nut on these types of articles. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Me thinks Z doethe protest too hard. :lol: I like how Covid was about conservatives taking personal responsibility or something. Whee!!!!

But sure… guilty as charged. :mrgreen: All of us are guilty of it.

And yes…conservatives are not above falling in line for a cause…or a strong leader.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:07 pm

Me thinks Z doethe protest too hard. :lol: I like how Covid was about conservatives taking personal responsibility or something. Whee!!!!

And yes…conservatives are not above falling in line for a cause…or a strong leader.
No, they're not. But all these articles you keep posting insinuating that they are the ONLY ones falling in their particular lines.....it a concept that's comical in its absurdity.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:27 pm

No, they're not. But all these articles you keep posting insinuating that they are the ONLY ones falling in their particular lines.....it a concept that's comical in its absurdity.
He's right here, kalmie, you're starting to fall into the line of thinking that "all GOP'ers are crazy" and "all Dems are rational, caring human beings". Finding and posting these articles showing your confirmation bias is starting to be a thing with you. Just saying. :coffee: :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

A) No he doesn't and he is correct.

B) What GF said

C) You're not as middle as you like to think and say you are. It was decently obvious when I first joined this board (and from your AGS posts) but you at least tried to take the middle road back then. Now that try is out the window and your cognitive bias is about as obvious as the paint scheme on your Porsche. I expect better from a graduate of the Harvard of the Palouse. :ohno: :kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:46 am

B) What GF said

C) You're not as middle as you like to think and say you are. It was decently obvious when I first joined this board (and from your AGS posts) but you at least tried to take the middle road back then. Now that try is out the window and your cognitive bias is about as obvious as the paint scheme on your Porsche. I expect better from a graduate of the Harvard of the Palouse. :ohno: :kisswink:
Again…guilty as charged. I wandered a little right but I never lost the dirty hippie in me. It was just simmering for awhile.

But I will still suggest that 1) the middle is not a fixed position. It moves based on culture, candidate selection, and laws. 2). Americans poll left of political outcomes and both parties. (See financial regulation, drug legalization, military spending etc). 3). Comparisons to other advanced economies broadens the meaning of where the middle is at.

Cognitive bias is a nebulous term when discussing politics. Political reality is only objective when based purely on outcomes…which are manipulated by money, entrenched power, and duoply. The - where we are at currently versus the where we should be. Ideologically I suppose I’m center left within the current American system. In reality, I’m technically an Ancap. Especially according to my kids and the far left. In other terms a social libertarian. Utopically, I’m an dennision Anarcho-syndicalist.

Orwell and Alan Moore are my jam.

:mrgreen:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:18 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:46 am

B) What GF said

Again…guilty as charged. I wandered a little right but I never lost the dirty hippie in me. It was just simmering for awhile.

But I will still suggest that 1) the middle is not a fixed position. It moves based on culture, candidate selection, and laws. 2). Americans poll left of political outcomes and both parties. (See financial regulation, drug legalization, military spending etc). 3). Comparisons to other advanced economies broadens the meaning of where the middle is at.

Cognitive bias is a nebulous term when discussing politics. Political reality is only objective when based purely on outcomes…which are manipulated by money, entrenched power, and duoply. The - where we are at currently versus the where we should be. Ideologically I suppose I’m center left within the current American system. In reality, I’m technically an Ancap. Especially according to my kids and the far left. In other terms a social libertarian. Utopically, I’m an dennision Anarcho-syndicalist.

that's a lot of word salad just to say your articles posted show a total lack of critical thought. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:18 am

that's a lot of word salad just to say your articles posted show a total lack of critical thought. :coffee:
It’s always better to be decisive than correct.