Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Culture Wars

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:02 am

The Twitter link went away and I don’t remember it that well so repost and I’ll watch it again.
I may have missed it but I didn’t see anything in that video concerning where sex is being taught or for that matter “grooming” is being employed.

Is transgenderism as he describes it odd to me? Sure. Do I care how he defines himself? No.

Would I be fine with having him teach my boys sans any other evidence he is trying to convert them? Yes.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:35 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Don't worry, this will turn into another dumping on kalm thread. He plays these fuckboi games only to get completely pwned. Anyone that wants to talk to kids about sex is a pedo ass groomer. Anyone getting mad at someone for saying anyone other than their parents should talk to them about sex is a pedo ass groomer. This shit is easy to spot, anyone claiming ignorance on this topic is either a fucktard, or a pedo ass groomer. :coffee:
You sound kind of bothered there. You sure you’re not projecting your “pedo ass groomerism” or something? :lol:

Please provide evidence (actual real non-confirmation bias seeking tweets) where “sex” is being taught to little kids.

There are probably examples of where the line of reason is crossed but keep in mind, sensationalism only builds mistrust for a thinking person.
Yes, trying to sexualize children at a young age is very bothersome. It's a hill worth dying on imo. Pointing out that anyone defending the sexualization of children as a groomer is the appropriate course of action.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:28 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:35 am

You sound kind of bothered there. You sure you’re not projecting your “pedo ass groomerism” or something? :lol:

Please provide evidence (actual real non-confirmation bias seeking tweets) where “sex” is being taught to little kids.

There are probably examples of where the line of reason is crossed but keep in mind, sensationalism only builds mistrust for a thinking person.
Yes, trying to sexualize children at a young age is very bothersome. It's a hill worth dying on imo. Pointing out that anyone defending the sexualization of children as a groomer is the appropriate course of action.
No one here is defending the sexualization of children. The current use of “groomer” is right wing sheep bleating which only cheapens accusations of actual child pedophilia (see “me too” movement).
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:43 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:30 am

She should of directed that speech at her colleagues as well if she wanted to be taken more seriously. :coffee:
:nod: I agree with almost everything she said but I'm not sure how her being called a "groomer" is more hateful or wrong then calling a conservative a fascist. There is plenty of hate and self-righteousness on both sides.
You're a good guy but I hope you soon come to stop the "both sides-ism." We are not in a "both sides are just as bad" moment in history. The Republican side is clearly a LOT worse. And it's not close.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:38 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:28 pm

No one here is defending the sexualization of children. The current use of “groomer” is right wing sheep bleating which only cheapens accusations of actual child pedophilia (see “me too” movement).
This is part of the whole "false premise" thing the "conservative" (not really) side is doing right now. You can agree or disagree with what is going on, but it's not trying to "sexualize" children. It's stuff like trying to normalize a situation in which a child at school has two parents who are both male.

You can disagree with doing that. But it's not trying to "sexualize" children. It is attempt to protect children from derision. To try to keep them from feeling like there is something wrong with their situation. We really, really need to ditch the influence of the White Evangelical Christian nuts that dominate the Republican Party. That's what is really going on here. Outsized influence by the Christian Right.

You've got people that think that a collection of myths written between about 3900 and 1900 years ago is the absolute truth dominating one of the two major political parties. They are completely screwing us up.

A few years ago I was on line defending them. But that time as passed. These people need to be defeated and eliminated as a significant factor in the direction of the country.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:25 pm

:nod: I agree with almost everything she said but I'm not sure how her being called a "groomer" is more hateful or wrong then calling a conservative a fascist. There is plenty of hate and self-righteousness on both sides.
You're a good guy but I hope you soon come to stop the "both sides-ism." We are not in a "both sides are just as bad" moment in history. The Republican side is clearly a LOT worse. And it's not close.
People like you are the worst of the worst. Trump broke what little functioning brain you had left and you sold your soul and principles to the devil. You were a wretchedly horrible conservative and an even worse progressive.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:01 am
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:56 am

I did too when mine were young.

You do realize things can be taught objectively? That education is far more than just STEM and laying the groundwork for occupational training?
Certainly. I'd love to see better physical education, actual cooking classes and finances taught. Focus more of health and wellness.

The problem is we have tons of documented instances, thanks to social media, of LGBTQ teachers going out of their way to talk to children about their lifestyles. Why are they doing this? Why are they not following curriculum? Has that curriculum been properly reviewed by parents in the school district?

Teach school and nothing more to my children.
You know if a straight white man or woman spoke openly about their lifestyle, the Democrats and the LGBTQ community would be filing lawsuits, doxing the teachers, going after the school, etc...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:25 pm

Negative. Both sides are equally full of shit and hypocrisy and it's only fair to call out the Republicans and Democrats.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:23 am

Certainly. I'd love to see better physical education, actual cooking classes and finances taught. Focus more of health and wellness.

The problem is we have tons of documented instances, thanks to social media, of LGBTQ teachers going out of their way to talk to children about their lifestyles. Why are they doing this? Why are they not following curriculum? Has that curriculum been properly reviewed by parents in the school district?

You know if a straight white man or woman spoke openly about their lifestyle, the Democrats and the LGBTQ community would be filing lawsuits, doxing the teachers, going after the school, etc...
Like when you openly admitted to that one time in college?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:13 am

:lol: jackass
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:19 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:13 am

:lol: jackass
I love you Mark!

:mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

They need to keep their lifestyle out of the class room as well. Teach school and nothing more. Outside of common knowledge, I can't ever remember one of my teachers talking about their lifestyles.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:25 am

They need to keep their lifestyle out of the class room as well. Teach school and nothing more. Outside of common knowledge, I can't ever remember one of my teachers talking about their lifestyles.
What does that mean, they never talk about who they are and what they do on the weekend? I don't know the last time you were either in school or had kids in school, but teachers will commonly give their background, including where they went to school, what they're family is like (are they married? Do they have kids? etc), and what their hobbies/interests are. They put pictures of those things on their desks and they may even refer to those things somewhere during the course of the school year. My wife said she's brought up me and the kids multiple times in the course of a school year and obviously has answered questions when kids ask about a picture on her desk. Because we're straight and white and so on, it's never been a big deal. Are you against that, or just against if it's a lifestyle that's different from that? How about interracial? How about gay?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:52 am
What does that mean, they never talk about who they are and what they do on the weekend? I don't know the last time you were either in school or had kids in school, but teachers will commonly give their background, including where they went to school, what they're family is like (are they married? Do they have kids? etc), and what their hobbies/interests are. They put pictures of those things on their desks and they may even refer to those things somewhere during the course of the school year. My wife said she's brought up me and the kids multiple times in the course of a school year and obviously has answered questions when kids ask about a picture on her desk. Because we're straight and white and so on, it's never been a big deal. Are you against that, or just against if it's a lifestyle that's different from that? How about interracial? How about gay?
Your wife needs to stop doing that immediately. Otherwise she is sexualizing and grooming children. (this is sarcasm but I don't think the wink, smile, or sunglasses face are appropriate).
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:52 am

As I assume Ibanez replied to my post with sarcasm, I was also affirming I'm against all forms of influencing young children, even if it comes from the MAGA side.

In regards to your question, the main point is 'teaching'. I'm perfectly fine with common discussion, but have problems when that discussion leads to advocating for a personal belief in either politics, religion or in the case of this thread, sexuality. I understand getting to know your teacher is beneficial.

Lastly, I have three school age kids and got to listen in on a whole year of Zoom instruction. While some of it was a bit loony, most of what was being said was fine. Not sure if you saw my post elsewhere, but our Superintendent of schools out here just accepted the role of Superintendent of schools for Fairfax, VA so that should give you some indication of the tolerance level in our school district.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 pm
I may have missed it but I didn’t see anything in that video concerning where sex is being taught or for that matter “grooming” is being employed.

Is transgenderism as he describes it odd to me? Sure. Do I care how he defines himself? No.

Would I be fine with having him teach my boys sans any other evidence he is trying to convert them? Yes.
I don't think that he is teaching sex or grooming but I do think that he is showing his bias and denying science. Doctors don't make a guess about gender when a baby is born, they make a determination based on biological gender (science). He is focusing on his gender identity and ignoring his biological gender, a good teacher (and one who truly believes in "science") would discuss both and how they can be different.

I'm glad that he has found himself and is happy with who he is.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:34 am

I don't think that he is teaching sex or grooming but I do think that he is showing his bias and denying science. Doctors don't make a guess about gender when a baby is born, they make a determination based on biological gender (science). He is focusing on his gender identity and ignoring his biological gender, a good teacher (and one who truly believes in "science") would discuss both and how they can be different.

If this is a school lecture to his kids then I agree.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Speaking of pedophiles and groomers, is it true that Matt Gaetz (pedophile) is supporting Jim Jordan (groomer) for Republican leader? :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:41 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:38 pm

This is part of the whole "false premise" thing the "conservative" (not really) side is doing right now. You can agree or disagree with what is going on, but it's not trying to "sexualize" children. It's stuff like trying to normalize a situation in which a child at school has two parents who are both male.

You can disagree with doing that. But it's not trying to "sexualize" children. It is attempt to protect children from derision. To try to keep them from feeling like there is something wrong with their situation. We really, really need to ditch the influence of the White Evangelical Christian nuts that dominate the Republican Party. That's what is really going on here. Outsized influence by the Christian Right.

You've got people that think that a collection of myths written between about 3900 and 1900 years ago is the absolute truth dominating one of the two major political parties. They are completely screwing us up.

A few years ago I was on line defending them. But that time as passed. These people need to be defeated and eliminated as a significant factor in the direction of the country.
coming from a guy like you this is rich. :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

There are reams and reams of evidence that these lefties haven’t a fucking clue what “real science” is.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:59 am

There are reams and reams of evidence that these lefties haven’t a fucking clue what “real science” is.
And suddenly, just like that, real science becomes important again. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:59 am

And suddenly, just like that, real science becomes important again. :lol:
Please tell me when it wasn’t? Donks scream “follow the science”, and yet they ignore it at literally every turn by making claims like:

* men can have babies. They can’t
* men can have periods. They can’t
* climate science is settled. It’s not
* aborted full term babies aren’t people. They are
* gender can be chosen. It cannot
* you can identify as anything you want. Identifying as a tree doesn’t make you a tree
* and on and on and on

Yeah. Follow the science. They literally NEVER follow the science.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm

And suddenly, just like that, real science becomes important again. Image
Please tell me when it wasn’t? Donks scream “follow the science”, and yet they ignore it at literally every turn by making claims like:

* you can identify as anything you want. Identifying as a tree doesn’t make you a tree
* and on and on and on

Climate science is not settled but water levels are rising and the occurrence of extreme climate events (heat, fires, etc.) seem to be at a level not seen in a 100+ years. Acting like everything is hunky dory and we should sit on our hands waiting for God to take care of us is stupid.

Biological gender is set but there are people who aren't comfortable with what nature/science has given them and telling them tough shit is cold-hearted and reeks of bigotry & insecurity.

The election wasn't stolen.
Russia invaded Ukraine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:55 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:

* and on and on and on

Climate science is not settled but water levels are rising and the occurrence of extreme climate events (heat, fires, etc.) seem to be at a level not seen in a 100+ years. Acting like everything is hunky dory and we should sit on our hands waiting for God to take care of us is stupid.

Biological gender is set but there are people who aren't comfortable with what nature/science has given them and telling them tough shit is cold-hearted and reeks of bigotry & insecurity.

The election wasn't stolen.
Russia invaded Ukraine.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
So what do you recommend we do and what science do you have backing that decision?

What I'm getting at here, is that we can't even create accurate models AND we have no clue what truly works due to the complexity. For example, whenever I hear someone like Bill Gates say we need to spray the atmosphere with reflective particles to lower temperatures, I cringe because I can only imagine the unintended consequences.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:55 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:

* and on and on and on

Please show me where I said that??