Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Culture Wars

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 am
So a parent movess her and her ‘transgender children’ to a state so her 12 year old transgender ‘daughter’ (is that a boy claiming to be a girl, or a girl claiming to be a boy?) can get irreversible puberty blockers. Sounds like child abuse.

And another family moves because 10 year old is ‘non binary’ (whatever that means) and a 14 year old is transgender.

Guarantee these were uber liberal parents before they even had kids.
It's not about uber liberals, it's about healthcare and saving lives. MAGAt yahoos continue to demonstrate that they only care about life up until birth.

I trust doctors and nurses more than I trust politicians, bureaucrats and religious fanatics.

American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP continues to support care of transgender youths as more states push restrictions
- Why We Stand Up for Transgender Children and Teens

American Medical Association
- AMA to states: Stop interfering in health care of transgender children

American Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association Opposes Restrictions on Transgender Healthcare and Criminalizing Gender-Affirming Care
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:50 am
So a parent movess her and her ‘transgender children’ to a state so her 12 year old transgender ‘daughter’ (is that a boy claiming to be a girl, or a girl claiming to be a boy?) can get irreversible puberty blockers. Sounds like child abuse.

And another family moves because 10 year old is ‘non binary’ (whatever that means) and a 14 year old is transgender.

Guarantee these were uber liberal parents before they even had kids.
It's not about uber liberals, it's about healthcare and saving lives. MAGAt yahoos continue to demonstrate that they only care about life up until birth.

I trust doctors and nurses more than I trust politicians, bureaucrats and religious fanatics.

- AAP continues to support care of transgender youths as more states push restrictions

- American Nurses Association Opposes Restrictions on Transgender Healthcare and Criminalizing Gender-Affirming Care
Yeah, we know liberaism, including woke trams ideology, has infiltrated the medical field. Notice how those groups were all singing a different tune 20 even 10 years ago.

Also note in spring/summer of 2020 these were the same medical groups telling people to stay home, avoid large gatherings, etc except to attend BLM protests. But attending outdoor large sporting events, concerts, church services, anti lockdown protests, Trump rallies, etc was bad..Bunch of hypocrites..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:18 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:07 pm

Yeah, we know liberaism, including woke trams ideology, has infiltrated the medical field. Notice how those groups were all singing a different tune 20 even 10 years ago.

Also note in spring/summer of 2020 these were the same medical groups telling people to stay home, avoid large gatherings, etc except to attend BLM protests. But attending outdoor large sporting events, concerts, church services, anti lockdown protests, Trump rallies, etc was bad..Bunch of hypocrites..
Kind of like the religious zealot ideology that has infiltrated the Republican Party? Notice how that party was singing a different tune 20 even 10 years ago about individual freedom, advancing business and promoting freedom around the world. MAGAt yahoos are the real RINOs.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:08 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:18 pm

Kind of like the religious zealot ideology that has infiltrated the Republican Party? Notice how that party was singing a different tune 20 even 10 years ago about individual freedom, advancing business promoting freedom around the world. MAGAt yahoos are the real RINOs.
No they weren’t except for the last part, which was the neocon wing in control of the conk party wanting to US to be the world’s policeman.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:08 pm
Kind of like the religious zealot ideology that has infiltrated the Republican Party? Notice how that party was singing a different tune 20 even 10 years ago about individual freedom, advancing business promoting freedom around the world. MAGAt yahoos are the real RINOs.
No they weren’t except for the last part, which was the neocon wing in control of the conk party wanting to US to be the world’s policeman.
Baloney, examples:

Individual & family freedom only when it fits their zealous ideology - see how floridastan and texastan treat LGBTQ+ parents and individuals

Advancing business only when they agree with it - see mullah deconkis and Disney
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:56 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:45 pm
Baloney, examples:

Individual & family freedom only when it fits their zealous ideology - see how floridastan and texastan treat LGBTQ+ parents and individuals

Advancing business only when they agree with it - see mullah deconkis and Disney
Baloney- the woke trans ideology wasn’t being pushed 20, even 10, years ago.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:11 am

Baloney, examples:

...thats how evolution works, BDMBFK.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:17 am
...thats how leftist revolutions work...
FIFY
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baloney, examples:

:suspicious: The MAGAt yahoo zealous ideology wasn' being pushed 20, even 10, years ago either.

Republicans used to stand for individual/family freedom, promoting business and projecting power so that peace and commerce could flourish.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:22 am
:suspicious: The MAGAt yahoo zealous ideology wasn' being pushed 20, even 10, years ago either.
According to the left it has been going on for 30-40 years, since Reagan (Focus on the Family, Family Reasearch Council, Christian Coalition, etc) all started or rose to prominence in the 1980s.

20 or even 10 years ago if you had:
-People who wanted children to be allowed to be given puberty blockers and had genital mutilation performed on them,
-Men/boys playing womens/girls sports,
-An insistence by the left that men pretending to be womem were women, and should be treated & acknowledged as such, and vice versa.
-Denying science by claiming there are numerous genders.
-Denying science by saying men can menstruate.
-Denying science by saying men can have babies.
-Reinventing the use of pronouns.
-Tearing down statues because liberal snowflakes are offended.
-Renaming schools and buildings because liberal snowflakes are offended.
-Renaming military bases because liberal snowflakes are offended
-Renaming sports teams because liberal snowflakes are offended,
-Pushing CRT in schools (ie American is a racist country with a shameful past),
-Defunding the police.
etc, etc, etc
The Republican party would have been just as against it 20 or 10 years ago. Its not the Republican party that has changed..The Rs are actually less socailly conservative now than it was back then, or 20 or even 10 years ago. Its the donks that moved way left..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:45 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:22 am
According to the left it has been going on for 30-40 years, since Reagan (Focus on the Family, Family Reasearch Council, Christian Coalition, etc) all started or rose to prominence in the 1980s.

20 or even 10 years ago if you had:
-People who wanted children to be allowed to be given puberty blockers and had genital mutilation performed on them,
-Men/boys playing womens/girls sports,
-An insistence by the left that men pretending to be womem were women, and should be treated & acknowledged as such, and vice versa.
-Denying science by claiming there are numerous genders.
-Denying science by saying men can menstruate.
-Denying science by saying men can have babies.
-Reinventing the use of pronouns.
-Tearing down statues because liberal snowflakes are offended.
-Renaming schools and buildings because liberal snowflakes are offended.
-Renaming military bases because liberal snowflakes are offended
-Renaming sports teams because liberal snowflakes are offended,
-Pushing CRT in schools,
-Defunding the police.
etc, etc, etc
The Republican party would have been just as against it 20 or 10 years ago. Its not the Republican party that has changed..The Rs are actually less socailly conservative now than it was back then, or 20 or even 10 years ago. Its the donks that moved way left..
Evangelicals and the Republican Party have embraced each other and prioritized cultural conservatism over individual freedom and fiscal conservatism.
  • People who want to prevent parents from being able to make the decisions about what they believe is in the best interest of their children (this includes MAGAt zealots who want to ban gender affirming care to school districts that don't want to tell parents what their children are doing),
  • Denying science by claiming that climate change is completely cyclical and humans have no impact,
  • Banning books because conservative snowflakes are offended,
  • Whining about the renaming of military bases, schools and buildings because liberal snowflakes are offended,
  • Renaming sports teams because liberal snowflakes are offended,
  • Pushing religious indoctrination in schools (ie American is and has always been a Christian country),
  • Defunding the DoJ.
Both sides trumpet science when it fits their agenda and deny it when it doesn't.
Sex can be much more complicated than it at first seems. According to the simple scenario, the presence or absence of a Y chromosome is what counts: with it, you are male, and without it, you are female. But doctors have long known that some people straddle the boundary—their sex chromosomes say one thing, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) or sexual anatomy say another. Parents of children with these kinds of conditions—known as intersex conditions, or differences or disorders of sex development (DSDs)—often face difficult decisions about whether to bring up their child as a boy or a girl. Some researchers now say that as many as 1 person in 100 has some form of DSD.

When genetics is taken into consideration, the boundary between the sexes becomes even blurrier. Scientists have identified many of the genes involved in the main forms of DSD, and have uncovered variations in these genes that have subtle effects on a person's anatomical or physiological sex. What's more, new technologies in DNA sequencing and cell biology are revealing that almost everyone is, to varying degrees, a patchwork of genetically distinct cells, some with a sex that might not match that of the rest of their body. Some studies even suggest that the sex of each cell drives its behaviour, through a complicated network of molecular interactions. “I think there's much greater diversity within male or female, and there is certainly an area of overlap where some people can't easily define themselves within the binary structure,” says John Achermann, who studies sex development and endocrinology at University College London's Institute of Child Health.
Sex Redefined: The Idea of 2 Sexes Is Overly Simplistic

You want to focus on men can't menstruate or have babies while deflecting attention away from the scientific reality that it's a lot more complex then people are just male or female.

That's the thing about life, it isn't as simple as some people want it to be.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ohio, Michigan Republicans in released audio: 'Endgame' is to ban trans care 'for everyone'
While the beginning of the Space focused more on transgender care for youth, 49 minutes into the discussion, attention turned to transgender adults. Representative Shriver asked, "In terms of endgame, why are we allowing these practices for anyone? If we are going to stop this for anyone under 18, why not apply it for anyone over 18? It's harmful across the board, and that's something we need to take into consideration in terms of the endgame."
Youth today, adults tomorrow. You will conform and join the hivemind.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 pm Ohio, Michigan Republicans in released audio: 'Endgame' is to ban trans care 'for everyone'
While the beginning of the Space focused more on transgender care for youth, 49 minutes into the discussion, attention turned to transgender adults. Representative Shriver asked, "In terms of endgame, why are we allowing these practices for anyone? If we are going to stop this for anyone under 18, why not apply it for anyone over 18? It's harmful across the board, and that's something we need to take into consideration in terms of the endgame."
Republicans are all about taking away, from others.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:22 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 pm Ohio, Michigan Republicans in released audio: 'Endgame' is to ban trans care 'for everyone'

Government loving Dems are all about taking away, from others.
I agree, it’s a prolific problem in Dem run urban centers
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If she loves Somalia so much, deport her ungrateful ass back there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:25 pm If she loves Somalia so much, deport her ungrateful ass back there.
U.S. Constitution, Article VI, clause 3
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”

The Oath
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Is she bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the United States? I don't think so.

Of course, I don't think those that deny the severity of the January 6 riots and attempts to subvert the 2020 election were/are bearing true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the United States either.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Cowherd throwing down some obvious truth. (Except to those it’s about.)

It says a lot about the haters.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:55 pm Cowherd throwing down some obvious truth. (Except to those it’s about.)

18 minutes of football in a 3.5 hour broadcast - precisely why I don't watch the game on purpose any more

He actualy had me feeling sorry for the MAGA INCELS in a way; sometimes its hard to remember that their hatred of women is mostly just sour grapes.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:55 pm Cowherd throwing down some obvious truth. (Except to those it’s about.)

18 minutes of football in a 3.5 hour broadcast - precisely why I don't watch the game on purpose any more

He actualy had me feeling sorry for the MAGA INCELS in a way; sometimes its hard to remember that their hatred of women is mostly just sour grapes.
More like 11..
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424 ... 2055561406
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:11 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 am

More like 11..
You didn't watch - thats the official number from networks
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:16 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:11 am
More like 11..
I haven’t really watched NFL since the days of Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Kenny Stabler, Bob Greise, Gene Washington, Lynn Swann, Paul Warfield….
Saw most of the Superbowls in the 80s and 90s …. Was just out and about too much to follow. Last game I saw was the Joe Flacco Super Bowl.

I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:43 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:16 am

I haven’t really watched NFL since the days of Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Kenny Stabler, Bob Greise, Gene Washington, Lynn Swann, Paul Warfield….
Saw most of the Superbowls in the 80s and 90s …. Was just out and about too much to follow. Last game I saw was the Joe Flacco Super Bowl.

Buddy of mine from high school has rings from XVI and XIX
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:21 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:43 am

in Biden’s America, hopefully he has them secured in a big safe :D
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:21 pm

the BDS continues its advance...
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:46 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am

the BDS continues its advance...
Every American should be somewhere between embarrassed and livid with this horrible administration

The 81 million definitely have some type of derangement