Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

2022 SCOTUS rulings

Post by BDKJMU »

SCOTUS unanimously rules Boston violated group's rights by refusing to fly Christian flag

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that a program of the city of Boston that allows outside groups to fly flags at city hall must permit the flying of flag with a cross that a camp referred to as a "Christian flag."

The question before the court was whether flying the flag as part of a government program was considered government speech if the flag belonged to a private organization, in this case, Camp Constitution. The Supreme Court ruled that it is not….
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/scotus ... -city-hall
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2022 SCOTUS rulings

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:58 am
SCOTUS unanimously rules Boston violated group's rights by refusing to fly Christian flag

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that a program of the city of Boston that allows outside groups to fly flags at city hall must permit the flying of flag with a cross that a camp referred to as a "Christian flag."

The question before the court was whether flying the flag as part of a government program was considered government speech if the flag belonged to a private organization, in this case, Camp Constitution. The Supreme Court ruled that it is not….
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/scotus ... -city-hall
That’s the right decision. As long as they allow all flags or none.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:31 pm
Agreed. As long as all groups are treated equally, it is not endorsement of religion.
:thumb:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Someone leaked a draft opinion on the Roe V Wade case.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/0 ... n-00029473
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:43 pm Someone leaked a draft opinion on the Roe V Wade case.

Hey at least we’re at a time where we can absorb a little more division.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:43 pm Someone leaked a draft opinion on the Roe V Wade case.

I can just see the mostly peaceful protests by all the birthing persons now.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

You don't even need to be an originalist to see that there's no real reasonable way you can see a right to an abortion in the constitution.

Now the battle will go to the legislative branch at both the state and federal levels, like it should.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

So, how will the "muh democratic norms" crowd feel about this leak?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:popcorn:

BTW this leak was to meant to encourage violence. The Left knows this, hence why it was leaked. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 pm So, how will the "muh democratic norms" crowd feel about this leak?
:nod: We know why it was leaked, and we know which side did it. Word on the interwebs is that this leak is a very big deal. I'm sure Biden's DOJ will get right on it ASAP.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

This guy has some entertaining vids on the abortion protests. White people haven't been this mad since Russia invaded Ukraine 2 months ago. :lol:

https://twitter.com/greg_price11
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:55 pm This guy has some entertaining vids on the abortion protests. White people haven't been this mad since Russia invaded Ukraine 2 months ago. :lol:

Stand by for “mostly peaceful” protests, looting, burning and rioting over the coming days/weeks in the lead up to elections.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:07 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:55 pm This guy has some entertaining vids on the abortion protests. White people haven't been this mad since Russia invaded Ukraine 2 months ago. :lol:

Stand by for “mostly peaceful” protests, looting, burning and rioting over the coming days/weeks in the lead up to elections.
We all knew the Donks were going to tap Antifa to kick shit off again. This pending ruling will only make them go full tilt heading into November.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

January 6th will still be "THE INSURRECTION" plot though. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Pwns wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:34 pm You don't even need to be an originalist to see that there's no real reasonable way you can see a right to an abortion in the constitution.

Now the battle will go to the legislative branch at both the state and federal levels, like it should.
:nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm

I can just see the mostly peaceful protests by all the birthing persons now.
You want impress me, break into the SCOTUS and attack the cops and shit on the floor. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:12 pm

We all knew the Donks were going to tap Antifa to kick shit off again. This pending ruling will only make them go full tilt heading into November.

Wait, I thought you'd finished transitioning into a pinko cunt..?

This is so confusing... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:31 pm
..maybe some flag poles not on gubmint property - these cunts are always trying to promulgate the myth of the US being a "christian nation" in spite of the fact that we are legally and officially not one. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm

:popcorn:

BTW this leak was to meant to encourage violence. The Left knows this, hence why it was leaked. :coffee:
:crybaby:

what happened to watering the tree of liberty wit the blood of tyrants... :rofl:

(Do you think they'll storm the SCOTUS and shit on the floor? :shock: )
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

If I have learned one thing over the past couple years is that Leftists will straight up lie to promote their narrative. I see it elsewhere, but Leftist rage is a different level on mentally instability.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:36 am

If I have learned one thing over the past couple years is that Leftists will straight up lie to promote their narrative. I see it elsewhere, but Leftist rage is a different level on mentally instability.
a different level...like...... like cop on cop violence and shitting on the Capitol floor. :lol:

What do think the cop that just got convicted of beating the Capitol cop with a flagpole should get? 10 years? Probation?

(For me it was like watching the Seahawks play the Cowboys and they both lose the game. :mrgreen: )
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

wibewuls are such meanies :crybaby:

I think they're more likely to do something symbolic like pour red paint down the steps and litter the site with coat hangers. Check with SD to see how the brand new liberals feel.....reek 2 calling reek 3 do you read, over....
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Looks like SCOTUS needs to revamp & toughen the vetting process for clerks.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Only 36 clerks & limited # of draft copies. Shouldn’t be too hard for the FBI to come up with the leaker.