Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Uvalde School Shooting

Post by SeattleGriz »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:35 am This thread is...strange. Read the entire thing.

There are some really sick fucks out there, and plenty of gullible blue checks who want to believe them..

I've said it before, that while I keep my stupidity limited to this board, there are plenty that are willing to broadcast their's to millions.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:33 am

Yes really. What part of my post regarding Reagan’s actions is “completely wrong”? It ain’t exactly a secret.

I’m honestly interested in the rest of the story and deeper history of mental health administration you alluded to. I can admit to inaccuracies. But I’m not going to do a deeper dive on your assertions alone.

Your choice.
You claimed Reagan was "largely responsible for deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill both as governor and President". I posted a well researched, documented, in-depth, and seemingly unbiased article stating that the doors to the insane asylums were opened long before he was either Governor or President.
You are correct. My misunderstanding that Reagan started it. He contributed to the problem but the movement began back in the 1950’s.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:19 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am WTF? This is even dumber than Beto's stunt at the press conference.
Yeah, Floyd was weongly killed/murdered by the police, but that doesn’t change the fact that Floyd was a low life with a rap sheet a mile long, who once did a home invasion and stuck a pistol in the belly of a woman. What kind of sick people would memorialize a guy like that?
Christians who believe in redemption?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:08 am
Yeah, Floyd was weongly killed/murdered by the police, but that doesn’t change the fact that Floyd was a low life with a rap sheet a mile long, who once did a home invasion and stuck a pistol in the belly of a woman. What kind of sick people would memorialize a guy like that?
Yep, except it’s not them. Try again.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:16 am

So Christians no longer believe in redemption? Man…that religion is going downhill fast I tells ya.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

So Christians are supposed to memorialize people who have not redeemed themselves? I'm confused.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:41 am

So Christians are supposed to memorialize people who have not redeemed themselves? I'm confused.
Are you the arbiter of Floyd’s redemption?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am

You didn't answer the question, but by your statement of "Christians who believe in redemption", you have appointed Christians as the arbiter.

So which is it? Christians are, or they aren't and do you believe Floyd redeemed himself?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 am

You didn't answer the question, but by your statement of "Christians who believe in redemption", you have appointed Christians as the arbiter.

So which is it? Christians are, or they aren't and do you believe Floyd redeemed himself?
It sounds like it. I mean he volunteered with his church and appeared to be anti-violence, then died for his previous sins.

I thought god was the ultimate arbiter who taught us to reserve judgment?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:36 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 am

It sounds like it. I mean he volunteered with his church and appeared to be anti-violence, then died for his previous sins.

You are correct in stating God is the ultimate arbiter, but then present a false dilemma by saying Christians assign redemption as well. The two are not the same.

If what you are saying about God and man's assignment of redemption are the same, then every person who accepted Jesus and passed away deserves a memorial.

While Christians are to reserve judgement and leave that to Jesus, we also live in the physical world and have to interact with the Floyd's of the world.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:20 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:16 am

So Christians no longer believe in redemption? Man…that religion is going downhill fast I tells ya.
So, is your soul still up for grabs? :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:36 am

You are correct in stating God is the ultimate arbiter, but then present a false dilemma by saying Christians assign redemption as well. The two are not the same.

If what you are saying about God and man's assignment of redemption are the same, then every person who accepted Jesus and passed away deserves a memorial.

While Christians are to reserve judgement and leave that to Jesus, we also live in the physical world and have to interact with the Floyd's of the world.
Is there no deference between assigning and believing?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:20 am

So, is your soul still up for grabs? :lol:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:07 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:26 pm

What is your point? I do know that a 150 grain .308 Winchester fired from a Savage Model 99 didn't penetrate a telephone pole

The kinetic energy imparted by any round is one half the quantity of its mass multiplied by the square of its velocity. The .223 is a very fast round and packs a wallop.
My point is you’re full of shit implying tbat a .223/5.56 has more penetrating power than a .308. Plenty of info on the interwebs that says the opposite.
My eyes say its you thats full of shit.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 am

Please ask that differently. I'm only about 50% sure what you're asking.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:32 am WTF? This is even dumber than Beto's stunt at the press conference.
Maybe he wasn't a model citizen but then again he never spent 9 minutes slowly suffocating a man whose hands were cuffed behind his back, so I guess its a matter of degree?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:51 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:31 am

My original reply said believing. You took it to assigning.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Students who were in the classroom with the gunman called 911 several times, including a lengthy call during which some shooting and other sounds of the attack could be heard, according to Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Mr. McCraw described the calls this way at a news conference Friday:

A caller identified — I will not say her name, but she was in room 112 — called 911 at 12:03. The duration of the call, was 1 minute and 23 seconds. She identified herself and whispered she’s in room 112.

At 12:10, she called back, in room 112, advised there are multiple dead.

At 12:13, again, she called on the phone.

Again at 12:16, she’s called back and said there was eight to nine students alive.

At 12:19, a 911 call was made, and another person in room 111 called. I will not say her name. She hung up when another student told her to hang up.

At 12:21, you could hear over the 911 call that three shots were fired.

At 12:36, a 911 call, it lasted for 21 seconds. The initial caller called back. The student-child called back, and was told to stay on the line and be very quiet. She told 911 that he shot the door.

At approximately 12:43 and 12:47, she asked 911 to please send the police now.

At 12:46, she said she not could not—— that she could hear the police next door.

At 12:50, shots are fired, they can be heard over the 911 call.

At 12:51, it’s very loud, and sounds like officers are moving children out of the room. At that time, the first child that called was outside before the call cuts off.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/us/t ... &fs=e&s=cl
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cops handcuffed a mother who, once free ran into the school and got her kids out.

Bravery.

https://www.insider.com/texas-mom-ran-s ... ing-2022-5
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind. :kisswink: :dunce:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:26 pm

Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind. :kisswink: :dunce:
Nah…I’m agnostic. :coffee:

:mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:51 am

Thanks for explaining. I said assign because that is all Christians can do in comparison the true redemption God gives Mostly just word choice, nothing deeper.

Do I believe Floyd was redeemed in God's eyes? For sure. Should Christians hold back judgment on Floyd? For sure. Should Christians build a memorial to Floyd? No. Am I a piece of shit Christian? For sure. I will always be a terrible Christian.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 pm
kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am
Thanks for explaining. I said assign because that is all Christians can do in comparison the true redemption God gives Mostly just word choice, nothing deeper.

Do I believe Floyd was redeemed in God's eyes? For sure. Should Christians hold back judgment on Floyd? For sure. Should Christians build a memorial to Floyd? No. Am I a piece of shit Christian? For sure. I will always be a terrible Christian.
Kalm was rejected by the Church of Polson Griz, does he have chance of acceptance into the POS Christian Church of Seattle Griz? :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:41 pm

Kalm was rejected by the Church of Polson Griz, does he have chance of acceptance into the POS Christian Church of Seattle Griz? :D
I can take up residence in the she shed. A monk’s simple needs are minimal.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:49 pm

I can take up residence in the she shed. A monk’s simple needs are minimal.
Sorry, you don’t qualify for the health insurance program. :tothehand: