Financial World War Three has begun

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Financial World War Three has begun

Post by Col Hogan »

Quite a statement from Willem Middelkoop, founder of the Commodity Discovery Fund and author of "The Big Reset“…
"This is a war, it's a financial, economic war, and according to me, it's World War Three," he said, noting that China has already demonstrated economic hostility by "not investing in U.S. Treasuries anymore, they're adding a lot of gold because it's the anti-dollar."

Speaking to Michelle Makori, Editor-In-Chief and Lead Anchor of Kitco News at the Prospectors & Developers Association Convention of Canada in Toronto, Middelkoop outlined that the global reset would likely result in a revamp of the current monetary system, in which the U.S. dollar is no longer the dominant reserve currency.
https://www.kitco.com/news/2022-06-17/F ... -next.html

This is from a gold and commodities oriented site…Middlekoop is bullish on gold…and I’m not an overall financial expert..

So, is this hyperbole or cautionary???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Financial World War Three has begun

Post by Pwns »

I'm skeptical of all these goldbugs and others who have been predicting a dollar collapse within a year for the last 15 years.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Saw this on FB….did some research, turns out the impending DEF shortage is a reality….not sure about the Blackrock connection, but honestly wouldn’t surprise me. COVID I, II, III and IV didn’t do it. Murder hornets didn’t do it. TP shortages didn’t do it. Baby formula shortages didn’t do it. THIS is how they’re gonna ultimately make everyone take a knee—make the farmers unable to farm and the truckers unable to ship.
Do you know what DEF fluid is? It's Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Every Diesel truck that has been made since 2010 is required to use it. It's a product made of 67% Urea fertilizer and 33% distilled water. Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions. That's the purpose of DEF.
Right now, Russia is the largest exporter of Urea by a wide margin. Qatar is second. Egypt and China are Tied for 3rd. Both Russia and China have decided to no longer export Urea. On top of that, India is the largest manufacturer of Urea in the world even though they consume most of what they make. What little they would export..........they no longer do. They are now stopping the exportation of any and all Urea minus a deal they just cut with Sri Lanka.
What does this mean for you and me? Well, first, the United States imports most of it's Urea fertilizer. We are the third largest importer in the entire world. We depend on other countries to eat, drive and ship our products.
Secondly... Flying J is the largest Service provider for Truckers around the Unites States. I'm sure you've seen their massive gas stations when traveling around the country. Flying J gets 70% of their DEF fluid from shipments via Union Pacific railroad. UP has single user access to the Fertilizer plants that Urea/DEF fluid comes from. No other rail provider has access to these distribution points. This means Flying J can't just go around Union Pacific. Union Pacific is in charge....for a reason I'm gonna mention in a few paragraphs.
Flying J provides 30% of all DEF consumed in the United States. UP has told Flying J to reduce their shipments by a whopping 50%. And if they do not comply then they will be completely embargoed. That would in effect bankrupt FJ. This means that 15% of all DEF consumed by truckers in the US is no longer available at the largest travel service center for the entire trucking industry.
Rome rotted from the inside out. It was easily invaded because it was occupied with internal problems. It appears we have discovered the Trigger. DEF fluid. If this holds up, DEF shortages will be the catalyst that causes food shortages in the coming months. Not only is there a shortage of fertilizer to grow crops in drought-stricken states (See Kansas' drop in wheat production for 2022)....but....now it looks like, unless the Federal Government intervenes via the Defense Production Act, ...which I am no longer confident they will....there is gonna be an absolute massive shortage of trucking in the coming months.
There simply isn't going to be DEF fluid sufficient to keep the engines running and moving. Home Depot is now limiting the amount of DEF you can buy in their stores.
I would think long and hard about the decisions you are making right now. Where you live. What you spend money on. How you prepare. This is so real that the CEO of Flying J, Shameek Konar was summoned to a Surface Transportation Board hearing to give them all this info.
From what I'm reading....Blackrock is the majority shareholder of Union Pacific railroad. How is that important? Americas biggest fertilizer producer is CF Industries. Their largest shareholder is Blackrock. Blackrock controls the fertilizer industry in the U.S.. Union Pacific has exclusive rights to distribution points of fertilizer. Urea is fertilizer. Flying J needs Urea/DEF. Blackrock is controlling everything.
The Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute is Tom Donilon, President Obama’s former National Security Advisor. Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden. Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director. Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council.
It appears Blackrock is spearheading the dismantling of the US system on behalf of the Globalists. And the first domino they are pushing over is the energy sector. They are using DEF to get the party started. This is one sector of the biggest downfalls in political repercussions this country has ever faced…
https://www.newsweek.com/diesel-exhaust ... ar-1716503

https://www.epa.gov/recalls/diesel-exha ... ge-updates
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions.
There’s got to be a mechanical work around so the trucks will start and run without the DEF.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:53 am
Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions.
There’s got to be a mechanical work around so the trucks will start and run without the DEF.
I’m not sure what it is. I had a ‘14 Mercedes diesel that used DEF. The DEF sensor in the tank went bad and they had to replace it. Once the sensor light came on, I had exactly TEN starts left and then the vehicle was disabled.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:00 am

I’m not sure what it is. I had a ‘14 Mercedes diesel that used DEF. The DEF sensor in the tank went bad and they had to replace it. Once the sensor light came on, I had exactly TEN starts left and then the vehicle was disabled.
Good info. I read the same article and someone was rebutting with what you said, although if I remember correctly, they said the 10 starts can be adjusted. Let's hope so.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Also isn’t urea present in piss? I don’t know if you could piss directly into your DEF tank, but couldn’t it just be extracted from urine?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:02 am

Good info. I read the same article and someone was rebutting with what you said, although if I remember correctly, they said the 10 starts can be adjusted. Let's hope so.
Hire the engineers from VW. They ought to be able to engineer a work around…
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

All I know is Mercedes wanted $8600 to repair the sensor, and on my LAST start I took it to an off-market guy who did it for $2600.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:13 am

All I know is Mercedes wanted $8600 to repair the sensor, and on my LAST start I took it to an off-market guy who did it for $2600.
Oof. Now I don't feel so bad spending $500 to get the driver's side door handle replaced on our Mazda micro van.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:35 am Saw this on FB….did some research, turns out the impending DEF shortage is a reality….not sure about the Blackrock connection, but honestly wouldn’t surprise me. COVID I, II, III and IV didn’t do it. Murder hornets didn’t do it. TP shortages didn’t do it. Baby formula shortages didn’t do it. THIS is how they’re gonna ultimately make everyone take a knee—make the farmers unable to farm and the truckers unable to ship.
Do you know what DEF fluid is? It's Diesel Exhaust Fluid. Every Diesel truck that has been made since 2010 is required to use it. It's a product made of 67% Urea fertilizer and 33% distilled water. Every diesel truck you see driving down the road today has to have this product to drive. The engines won't start without it. There are regulators inside the engine that mix DEF with the Diesel to reduce Diesel emissions. That's the purpose of DEF.
Right now, Russia is the largest exporter of Urea by a wide margin. Qatar is second. Egypt and China are Tied for 3rd. Both Russia and China have decided to no longer export Urea. On top of that, India is the largest manufacturer of Urea in the world even though they consume most of what they make. What little they would export..........they no longer do. They are now stopping the exportation of any and all Urea minus a deal they just cut with Sri Lanka.
What does this mean for you and me? Well, first, the United States imports most of it's Urea fertilizer. We are the third largest importer in the entire world. We depend on other countries to eat, drive and ship our products.
Secondly... Flying J is the largest Service provider for Truckers around the Unites States. I'm sure you've seen their massive gas stations when traveling around the country. Flying J gets 70% of their DEF fluid from shipments via Union Pacific railroad. UP has single user access to the Fertilizer plants that Urea/DEF fluid comes from. No other rail provider has access to these distribution points. This means Flying J can't just go around Union Pacific. Union Pacific is in charge....for a reason I'm gonna mention in a few paragraphs.
Flying J provides 30% of all DEF consumed in the United States. UP has told Flying J to reduce their shipments by a whopping 50%. And if they do not comply then they will be completely embargoed. That would in effect bankrupt FJ. This means that 15% of all DEF consumed by truckers in the US is no longer available at the largest travel service center for the entire trucking industry.
Rome rotted from the inside out. It was easily invaded because it was occupied with internal problems. It appears we have discovered the Trigger. DEF fluid. If this holds up, DEF shortages will be the catalyst that causes food shortages in the coming months. Not only is there a shortage of fertilizer to grow crops in drought-stricken states (See Kansas' drop in wheat production for 2022)....but....now it looks like, unless the Federal Government intervenes via the Defense Production Act, ...which I am no longer confident they will....there is gonna be an absolute massive shortage of trucking in the coming months.
There simply isn't going to be DEF fluid sufficient to keep the engines running and moving. Home Depot is now limiting the amount of DEF you can buy in their stores.
I would think long and hard about the decisions you are making right now. Where you live. What you spend money on. How you prepare. This is so real that the CEO of Flying J, Shameek Konar was summoned to a Surface Transportation Board hearing to give them all this info.
From what I'm reading....Blackrock is the majority shareholder of Union Pacific railroad. How is that important? Americas biggest fertilizer producer is CF Industries. Their largest shareholder is Blackrock. Blackrock controls the fertilizer industry in the U.S.. Union Pacific has exclusive rights to distribution points of fertilizer. Urea is fertilizer. Flying J needs Urea/DEF. Blackrock is controlling everything.
The Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute is Tom Donilon, President Obama’s former National Security Advisor. Tom Donilon’s brother, Mike Donilon is a Senior Advisor to Joe Biden. Tom Donilon’s wife, Catherine Russell, is the White House Personnel Director. Tom Donilon’s daughter, Sarah Donilon, who graduated college in 2019, now works on the White House National Security Council.
It appears Blackrock is spearheading the dismantling of the US system on behalf of the Globalists. And the first domino they are pushing over is the energy sector. They are using DEF to get the party started. This is one sector of the biggest downfalls in political repercussions this country has ever faced…

DEF is 32.5% Urea (a major component in fertilizer) and the rest de-ionized water. Urea is made from NatGas, water, atmospheric nitrogen and high pressure. With the demand on NatGas going through the roof, one can see why DEF is becoming shorter in supply.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

It is against the law to modify an on-road engine from its EPA and CARB emissions tested levels.

That said some states do not test and in those states one can "delete" the emissions related components and then flash a new ECU tune for the engine to ignore the removed components and actually run. It is not likely that any trucking company or major business will ever due such a thing because of liability and fines.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Yes and no. The manufacture would have to flash new software and then let dealers to install it. The odds of this happening (due to Congress or the EPA overturning current regulations and then Cali adjusting CARB) is somewhere around hell freezing over with the current administration.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

There is a reason that pre-TierIV diesel vehicles go for so much more premium than used newer vehicles. Also semi-truck rolling chassis (new chassis with an older overhauled engine to get around EPA and CARB regulations) is a huge business in KY and other states.

Also over the road trucks log books are tied into the ECU (called elogs) and that is a new regulation that the EPA and CARB instituted in the last 5 yearsish. Elogs are a push by them and the 3 biggest trucking companies to force the little mom & pop trucking companies out of business. S

And good luck with the cops if you are caught with a false log book.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Early in the Ukraine thread I said it was WAY too premature to assume Putin had lost it and that he might be playing the long game. His gambit doesn't seem so crazy now.

I think we can put to bed any fears of nuclear war now and focus on the mess we're actually.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:49 am

It is against the law to modify an on-road engine from its EPA and CARB emissions tested levels.

That said some states do not test and in those states one can "delete" the emissions related components and then flash a new ECU tune for the engine to ignore the removed components and actually run. It is not likely that any trucking company or major business will ever due such a thing because of liability and fines.
I would imagine the next admin (hopefully 2025-2033) could change the law, or state it wouldn’t be enforced if it comes to crisis level shortages/sky high prices for this DEF..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:35 am Saw this on FB….did some research, turns out the impending DEF shortage is a reality….not sure about the Blackrock connection, but honestly wouldn’t surprise me. COVID I, II, III and IV didn’t do it. Murder hornets didn’t do it. TP shortages didn’t do it. Baby formula shortages didn’t do it. THIS is how they’re gonna ultimately make everyone take a knee—make the farmers unable to farm and the truckers unable to ship.

I saw that making the rounds on the internet as well. I love me a good conspiracy but even the blackrock angle was a reach for me...

...that said, yes China and Russia have been divesting in US Treasury bonds in favor of gold for the better of the last decade. Shit's gonna get real yo.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Maybe worth keeping an eye on as sone conspiracy theories prove to be true but this one appears to have some holes.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/06/20/ ... -shortage/
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:29 am Maybe worth keeping an eye on as sone conspiracy theories prove to be true but this one appears to have some holes.

I agree that this has holes, especially the Blackrock conspiracy but I do know that UP's system is having a meltdown and they have asked shippers to reduce cars on the system and have been running extra long trains due to lack of crews. We are having difficulty getting rail deliveries on both UP and BNSF. Both railroads saw traffic decline during the pandemic and put locomotives in storage and lost train crews. And now shipping is picking up and they can't get locomotives and crews back quick enough.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:01 pm

I saw that making the rounds on the internet as well. I love me a good conspiracy but even the blackrock angle was a reach for me...

...that said, yes China and Russia have been divesting in US Treasury bonds in favor of gold for the better of the last decade. Shit's gonna get real yo.
well that's why I linked the Newsweek article that discusses it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:20 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:29 am Maybe worth keeping an eye on as sone conspiracy theories prove to be true but this one appears to have some holes.

I agree that this has holes, especially the Blackrock conspiracy but I do know that UP's system is having a meltdown and they have asked shippers to reduce cars on the system and have been running extra long trains due to lack of crews. We are having difficulty getting rail deliveries on both UP and BNSF. Both railroads saw traffic decline during the pandemic and put locomotives in storage and lost train crews. And now shipping is picking up and they can't get locomotives and crews back quick enough.
Lead times on basic construction materials are wild right now. Have a contractor fuck up his take offs and is short a meager 40 feet of ceramic lined ductile iron pipe...over 40 weeks out for pipe and liner that meets the spec. He's looking for an "or equal" material right now but it's looking like a minimum of 8 weeks...and those in the business know that time is money...
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:53 am

Hire the engineers from VW. They ought to be able to engineer a work around…
:mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:54 am

There is a reason that pre-TierIV diesel vehicles go for so much more premium than used newer vehicles. Also semi-truck rolling chassis (new chassis with an older overhauled engine to get around EPA and CARB regulations) is a huge business in KY and other states.

Also over the road trucks log books are tied into the ECU (called elogs) and that is a new regulation that the EPA and CARB instituted in the last 5 yearsish. Elogs are a push by them and the 3 biggest trucking companies to force the little mom & pop trucking companies out of business. S

And good luck with the cops if you are caught with a false log book.
Two books used to be the norm
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

China on the verge of economic collapse?

Runs on banks
Bank accounts being frozen by CCP
COVID lockdowns
GDP lowest in 30 years

How will they solve it?

Invade Taiwan.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

On a related note, Germany had 3 choices to focus their future energy needs
1. Coal (I didn’t know they had one of largest coal reserves in the world- Apparently 7th in world, and highest in Europe (US #1 by far).
2. Nuclear
3. Russia (+ Windmills and solar)
Obvioulsy chose wrong. Trump was right.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/putin-se ... 05591.html