Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Political discussions

What are Trump's secret documents?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

It's all about Aliens
No votes
Nuclear Secrets
17%
Implicating Jan 6 documents
8%
Declassified, but unreleased, Spygate documents making FBI look bad.
33%
Proof the Bobcats have really only one real championship
No votes
His special tanning formula
8%
Detailed comb-over instructions
17%
Other (post in thread)
17%

Total votes: 12

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Trump's Secret Documents. The World awaits.

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:57 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:55 pm

Conversely, the left is standing in line to suck the FBI off, while simultaneously destroying local police forces across the country. And then try to insist they’re not pro-centralized government/law enforcement.
somebody else doesn't back the blue anymore.... :crybaby:
Backing the blue is about backing those in uniform, not in suits. :dunce:

Ands its not the rank and file FBI who are the problem. Its the SACs and SES leadership.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:00 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:57 pm

somebody else doesn't back the blue anymore.... :crybaby:

Ands its not the rank and file FBI who are the problem. Its the SACs and SES leadership.
I'm still waiting for the rank and file to come forward. They seem perfectly fine letting their management make them all look bad.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

No real alternative in the responses. The correct response is that Trump violated various laws by taking materials he should not have taken with him when he left the White House. Then he lied to the FBI in telling them he had given it all up when he hadn't.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 pm No real alternative in the responses. The correct response is that Trump violated various laws by taking materials he should not have taken with him when he left the White House. Then he lied to the FBI in telling them he had given it all up when he hadn't.
Is he the first president to take classified documents? :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Newsweek is on board with SeattleGriz.

https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-sought-doc ... te-1734280
FBI Sought Documents Trump Hoarded for Years, Including about Russiagate
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:09 pm

I'm still waiting for the rank and file to come forward. They seem perfectly fine letting their management make them all look bad.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The situations aren't exactly the same but they're close enough to accurately say:

The liberals who defended/deflected for Hillary but are now up in arms over trump are hypocrites.

The conservatives who were up in arms over Hillary but now defend/deflect for trump are hypocrites.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:15 am The situations aren't exactly the same but they're close enough to accurately say:

The liberals who defended/deflected for Hillary but are now up in arms over trump are hypocrites.

The conservatives who were up in arms over Hillary but now defend/deflect for trump are hypocrites.

No. One was President and has much greater authority. If you want to compare Obama and Trump, fine, but nobody complained about Obama.

Where's CID when you need him? 8-)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Mollie Hemingway breaks it down pretty well. She's tracked back all the leaks to the media showing they are using the same playbook as Russia collusion. Leak to the media, which launders the bullshit, then use the articles as proof something must be done. They will indict Trump.

Now with that being said, I will say that leaves zero chance we will get to see the affidavit. By the time this gets cleared up, the midterms will be over and the damage done to anyone that supported Trump in any manner.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:15 am The situations aren't exactly the same but they're close enough to accurately say:

No. One was President and has much greater authority. If you want to compare Obama and Trump, fine, but nobody complained about Obama.

Deflection.

Taking the documents to MAL was wrong. trump is not above the law.
Last edited by UNI88 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:52 am

Deflection.
TDS.

Hillary had the same declassification authority? Hillary deleted 30,000 subpoena'd emails. Trump didn't set up a bathroom server to circumvent the process. Not even close to the same thing.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 am
Deflection.
TDS.

Hillary had the same declassification authority? Hillary deleted 30,000 subpoena'd emails. Not even close to the same thing.
Had the declassification process been completed? Declassification doesn't happen immediately on the President's word. Documents must be reviewed and sensitive information redacted.

If you'd stop flossing your teeth with trump's tiny dick you might be able to step back and see the grift he's pulling on you and his other supporters. How much money has he raised since the raid? ;)

The situations aren't the same thing but they're similar enough for the hypocrisy to shine through.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:00 am

TDS.

Hillary had the same declassification authority? Hillary deleted 30,000 subpoena'd emails. Not even close to the same thing.
Had the declassification process been completed? Declassification doesn't happen immediately on the President's word. Documents must be reviewed and sensitive information redacted.

If you'd stop flossing your teeth with trump's tiny dick you might be able to step back and see the grift he's pulling on you and his other supporters. How much money has he raised since the raid? ;)

The situations aren't the same thing but they're similar enough for the hypocrisy to shine through.
We won't know that answer until the truth finally comes out...after the elections, but I'm pretty sure everything was legit. A person doesn't go through 4 years of made up crimes only to try and sneak one by the same people that have it out for you.

As well, you are speculating big time because you have no idea what documents Trump possessed. Trying to make a comparison without knowing all the facts. Shame on you! Lol
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:10 am

We won't know that answer until the truth finally comes out...after the elections, but I'm pretty sure everything was legit. A person doesn't go through 4 years of made up crimes only to try and sneak one by the same people that have it out for you.

As well, you are speculating big time because you have no idea what documents Trump possessed. Trying to make a comparison without knowing all the facts. Shame on you! Lol
We're both speculating. Me regarding what documents trump possessed, you that trump's crimes were made up, that he did nothing wrong and that this is a witch hunt. Shame on us both.

Regardless of what documents he possessed, declassification takes more than him just saying they are declassified. A process needs to be followed to redact sensitive information. I'm speculating again but my guess is that trump said he wanted to declassify the documents but never started the formal process. And what if Biden reclassified the documents?

Regardless of the declassification status, don't all documents legally belong to the Archives?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:25 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:10 am

We're both speculating. Me regarding what documents trump possessed, you that trump's crimes were made up, that he did nothing wrong and that this is a witch hunt. Shame on us both.

Regardless of what documents he possessed, declassification takes more than him just saying they are declassified. A process needs to be followed to redact sensitive information. I'm speculating again but my guess is that trump said he wanted to declassify the documents but never started the formal process. And what if Biden reclassified the documents?

Regardless of the declassification status, don't all documents legally belong to the Archives?
But I read Conservative Treehouse! I'm telling ya, this is going to end like Russia collusion. The water is going to get so muddied, the average person won't care, but the damage will be done. Even after Durham showed Hillary was responsible for starting the whole deal, you have people that still believe Trump had a secret server communicating with Putin.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Deflection.

Taking the documents to Chicago was wrong. Obama is not above the law.
FIFY
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

TDS.

To the contrary, it does. Even left leaning Politifact admitted this in 2017.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ything-an/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Ok, so I learned something. TY

Do we have proof that he actually declassified them? Do we know that Biden didn't reclassify them?

Did the documents belong to the Archives? Was it legal for trump to take them to MAL?

What I said about the grift, the flossing, and the hypocrisy stands.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Do we have proof that he actually declassified them? Do we know that Biden didn't reclassify them?

Did the documents belong to the Archives? Was it legal for trump to take them to MAL?

Do we have proof that there were any documents marked classified in those boxes? Have we seen any proof that he didn't declassify any that were classified? Do we have evidence it wasn't legal for Trump to take those documents to MAL (and I'm pretty sure Trump didn't pack them, or drive them in a truck to MAL). Where is the evidence that a POTUS has the ability to reclassify a prior POTUS's papers that have been declassified?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Do we have proof that there were any documents marked classified in those boxes? Have we seen any proof that he didn't declassify any that were classified? Do we have evidence it wasn't legal for Trump to take those documents to MAL (and I'm pretty sure Trump didn't pack them, or drive them in a truck to MAL). Where is the evidence that a POTUS has the ability to reclassify a prior POTUS's papers that have been declassified?
Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978
  • Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal have been obtained in writing.
  • Establishes that Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office.
If they could be declassified them they were official records and owned by the public (through the National Archives). Custody should have transferred to the Archivist upon trump leaving office and they should not have been taken to MAL. trump not personally taking them there doesn't absolve him of responsibility.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Nothing shocking here…

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:09 pm

Me too - what ever happened to those SS agents who were going to contradict Cassidy Hutcheson under oath? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

One of them spent 11 hours in front of Congress answering questions. One of them is CEO of an outfit whose CFO just pleaded guilty to 15 felony counts of tax evasion and larceny.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:

One of them spent 11 hours in front of Congress answering questions. One of them is CEO of an outfit whose CFO just pleaded guilty to 15 felony counts of tax evasion and larceny.
And a deflection from the other side.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 pm
houndawg wrote:
And a deflection from the other side.

With which other administration's violation of the Presidential Records Act are comparing this one to?