Ashley Biden's Diary

Political discussions
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Ashley Biden's Diary

Post by JoltinJoe »

Why isn't the media reporting about the content of Ashley Biden's diary?

I mean, I understand that it was leaked previously and the content couldn't be authenticated. But now that two people have pled guilty to federal charges for selling the diary, "stolen property," to Project Veritas, the diary is now confirmed to be authentic by the FBI.

I get that ordinarily it is bad form to report on the private content of a stolen diary, especially when they contain these type of personal revelations. But the content involves the behavior of the President of the United States.

:o
Attachments
FbCG5RMXgAATfot.jpg
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: Ashley Biden's Diary

Post by JoltinJoe »

No comments?

I must be missing something. This seems really disturbing and highly newsworthy to me.

What am I missing? Why isn't this being reported? There must be something that I'm missing. Help.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I had to google any of this. Heck, I didn't even realize Biden had a daughter. Or that she had a diary.

As for the lack of coverage, well, the media is still full-bore in their anti-Trump posture. I don't think they want to do anything that could possibly hurt a potential future candidate who has shown can beat Trump in an election, so there's certainly protection given Biden in that regard. Media has gotten tremendously partisan anymore and I think you're seeing that in how they cover, or don't cover, a story. You'd be hard pressed to find a time when the media collaborated like they did to silence the Hunter Biden laptop story. You'd almost have to go back to yellow-journalism days to find something that unprofessional, but yet, that's where we are.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I think we need more context. How old was she when she wrote this? What age is she referring to? Why did she think it was inappropriate?

I guess where I'm going with it: my sister and I showered with my parents when we were young. 11-13yo me going through puberty might have looked back at 8yo me and questioned how appropriate it is.

16yo me would've realized there was nothing weird about it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:34 am I think we need more context. How old was she when she wrote this? What age is she referring to? Why did she think it was inappropriate?

I guess where I'm going with it: my sister and I showered with my parents when we were young. 11-13yo me going through puberty might have looked back at 8yo me and questioned how appropriate it is.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously? Was there EVER a time when showering with your father would be appropriate? There sure as fuck IS something wrong with an 8 year old showering with EITHER parent. I'm sorry, but that's just creepy. :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:18 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:34 am I think we need more context. How old was she when she wrote this? What age is she referring to? Why did she think it was inappropriate?

Seriously? Was there EVER a time when showering with your father would be appropriate? There sure as fuck IS something wrong with an 8 year old showering with EITHER parent. I'm sorry, but that's just creepy. :shock:
There's the puritan part of America we all love and know. :lol:

I still shower with my dad in public spaces and change in front of both parents all the time.

Let me introduce you to the rest of the world where family nudity isn't creepy, even among more conservative cultures. They're your damn parents; hell if they're immobile I'll be happy to wipe their asses. YOU think it's creepy because YOU make it creepy.

edit: I just want to know the context of Biden's thoughts. From the snippet, it looks like she was traumatized and trying to figure out past items which can be the cause. It doesn't devalue whatever happened, but different ages/life experiences have different perspectives.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:12 am No comments?

I must be missing something. This seems really disturbing and highly newsworthy to me.

What am I missing? Why isn't this being reported? There must be something that I'm missing. Help.
You won't hear anything about it because Joe isn't a Republican.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:31 pm

I still shower with my dad in public spaces and change in front of both parents all the time.

Let me introduce you to the rest of the world where family nudity isn't creepy, even among more conservative cultures. They're your damn parents; hell if they're immobile I'll be happy to wipe their asses. YOU think it's creepy because YOU make it creepy.

edit: I just want to know the context of Biden's thoughts. From the snippet, it looks like she was traumatized and trying to figure out past items which can be the cause. It doesn't devalue whatever happened, but different ages/life experiences have different perspectives.
Well, current law agrees with me, FWIW. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Those laws were made by the evil and repressive patriarchy. :coffee:

There are 1.2 billion people that are followers of Islam in the world. By the same logic we should follow Islamic law because "everyone is doing it" I guess. :lol:

(Or the 2 billion followers of Christianity)
Last edited by Winterborn on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gannon and Baldy are right on the money. We have a media that would make the WWII censorship people leap with joy on both sides of the conflict.

I have been following it since Project Veritas first broke the story but have been waiting on confirmation if it was real or not.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Yeah without the further context Trip mentioned, at its surface, it’s on the creepy side. It also sounds like something out of repressed memory therapy (or whatever it’s called). With all the strange (real, accused, unverified) stuff that goes on with family histories it would seem that’s where it should stay until it’s pressed by the victims or worthy of criminal investigation. Humans are a weird group of apes.

It’s interesting that when offered to the Trump campaign, even they wouldn’t touch it and instead suggested it be turned over to the FBI.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/2 ... y-00053770
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 am Yeah without the further context Trip mentioned, at its surface, it’s on the creepy side. It also sounds like something out of repressed memory therapy (or whatever it’s called). With all the strange (real, accused, unverified) stuff that goes on with family histories it would seem that’s where it should stay until it’s pressed by the victims or worthy of criminal investigation. Humans are a weird group of apes.

It’s interesting that when offered to the Trump campaign, even they wouldn’t touch it and instead suggested it be turned over to the FBI.

Guessing that was a legal decision by his lawyers in that at the time it was not verified and it is often the case that it is better to let others do the work for you to maintain impartiality.

I have no problem waiting for a bit more information but the optics are not great. Pretty much looking like Mr. Biden is cut from the same cloth as Trump.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

What laws? Parents can't shower with their children? :lol:

I don't think this is as uncommon as some of you think it is, but again, it's the context that matters. Showering with your 5yo child...that's whatever. Masturbating in front of your kid in the shower...go to jail.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:37 am

I don't think this is as uncommon as some of you think it is, but again, it's the context that matters.
Everybody's different. Maybe showering with your kid when they're 2 or 3 is okay, when you get to 8 it gets weirder for some people. It's like with breastfeeding - some people don't do it at all, some do it until they're a year old, and then you have some outliers that do it well after their kid is able to actually ask for it. It's a big world, there's a wide range of beliefs and practices.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:43 am

I don't think this is as uncommon as some of you think it is, but again, it's the context that matters.
Everybody's different. Maybe showering with your kid when they're 2 or 3 is okay, when you get to 8 it gets weirder for some people. It's like with breastfeeding - some people don't do it at all, some do it until they're a year old, and then you have some outliers that do it well after their kid is able to actually ask for it. It's a big world, there's a wide range of beliefs and practices.
Exactly. It's all contextual and when the kid becomes uncomfortable with it, that should be respected.

I was definitely uncomfortable at some age (can't remember when) and my parents respected it, and then at a different age I stopped caring. And obviously if it's ever sexual, that's a big problem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 am Yeah without the further context Trip mentioned, at its surface, it’s on the creepy side. It also sounds like something out of repressed memory therapy (or whatever it’s called). With all the strange (real, accused, unverified) stuff that goes on with family histories it would seem that’s where it should stay until it’s pressed by the victims or worthy of criminal investigation. Humans are a weird group of apes.

Well, if the media won't even report on it, why would the Trump campaign think anything more would be made out of it if they released it as a campaign? Campaigns aren't supposed to be news organizations, normally the media has been counted on to report on things. Like I said, we're in a weird point in time again in America, and we have examples in the past, where the media has gotten very polarized and it's impacting their impartiality and their ability to report the news. Actively squashing and even purposely reporting incorrectly on the Hunter Biden laptop is just one glaring example. That's worrisome when that happens.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

I don't think this is as uncommon as some of you think it is, but again, it's the context that matters. Showering with your 5yo child...that's whatever. Masturbating in front of your kid in the shower...go to jail.
You're right. I'm sure grown men showering with 8 year old girls is quite common in pedo culture. :?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:45 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:43 am

Exactly. It's all contextual and when the kid becomes uncomfortable with it, that should be respected.

I was definitely uncomfortable at some age (can't remember when) and my parents respected it, and then at a different age I stopped caring. And obviously if it's ever sexual, that's a big problem.
Just so we're on record, though, I think it is weird when kids verbally ask for breast milk. At some point, you gotta cut them off. :thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 am

You're right. I'm sure grown men showering with 8 year old girls is quite common in pedo culture. :?
What about moms and sons?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:55 am
Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 am
What about them?
Women can be pedos too.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:09 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:55 am

What about them?
Women can be pedos too.
Do you ever think you're sexualizing nudity in your mind? If you see a naked kid at the beach or at a public sauna...is your first thought that the parents are pedos? :?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 am

Well, if the media won't even report on it, why would the Trump campaign think anything more would be made out of it if they released it as a campaign? Campaigns aren't supposed to be news organizations, normally the media has been counted on to report on things. Like I said, we're in a weird point in time again in America, and we have examples in the past, where the media has gotten very polarized and it's impacting their impartiality and their ability to report the news. Actively squashing and even purposely reporting incorrectly on the Hunter Biden laptop is just one glaring example. That's worrisome when that happens.
The media isn’t just the liberal msm. Are you suggesting Trump didn’t have media surrogates at the time?

Please give examples of “active squashing and purposeful incorrect reporting” regarding Hunter.

It was reported, he obviously grifted off his dad’s name. What else is the media supposed to report? Was there no effort to tie in his grift to something more nefarious?

I’ve heard and continue to hear more about Hunter than Guilianni’s involvement with Ukraine.

If there is sone cover up, right wing media has done a terrible job in exposing both Hunter and Ashley Biden.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:35 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 am

The media isn’t just the liberal msm. Are you suggesting Trump didn’t have media surrogates at the time?

Please give examples of “active squashing and purposeful incorrect reporting” regarding Hunter.

It was reported, he obviously grifted off his dad’s name. What else is the media supposed to report? Was there no effort to tie in his grift to something more nefarious?

I’ve heard and continue to hear more about Hunter than Guilianni’s involvement with Ukraine.

If there is sone cover up, right wing media has done a terrible job in exposing both Hunter and Ashley Biden.
The right has their share of slanted media too, just not as much and no one pretends that the media on the right is objective and respectable. People do like to pretend that some news organizations are unbiased which is becoming less and less prevalent.

For the Hunter thing, come on, you're not really serious are you? Of course that was squashed. Influential media gatekeepers like Twitter and Facebook have already said out loud that they suppressed and hid stories related to it. They can say it now because it's two years after the fact, but they clearly did it. Other news organizations ran with that too, basically reporting that they, along with the social media sites, had decided it was fake news and not to be trusted. They didn't really know that (hence the incorrect reporting), but it fit their polarized view of the subject so that's how they reported it. I don't think it's the crime of the century or anything, but it's clearly a shining example of modern day yellow journalism. They got it wrong, and they waited years to tell us (or at least some have - some haven't even mentioned it) that they got it wrong.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:53 am
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:35 am

The right has their share of slanted media too, just not as much and no one pretends that the media on the right is objective and respectable. People do like to pretend that some news organizations are unbiased which is becoming less and less prevalent.

For the Hunter thing, come on, you're not really serious are you? Of course that was squashed. Influential media gatekeepers like Twitter and Facebook have already said out loud that they suppressed and hid stories related to it. They can say it now because it's two years after the fact, but they clearly did it. Other news organizations ran with that too, basically reporting that they, along with the social media sites, had decided it was fake news and not to be trusted. They didn't really know that (hence the incorrect reporting), but it fit their polarized view of the subject so that's how they reported it. I don't think it's the crime of the century or anything, but it's clearly a shining example of modern day yellow journalism. They got it wrong, and they waited years to tell us (or at least some have - some haven't even mentioned it) that they got it wrong.
FB didn’t cover it at the behest of FBI concerns over Russian propaganda leading up to an election - which is a real threat. The media has had time before that and since to run with it.

I’m not saying there isn’t more to it…and agree on yellow journalism. But it would be a massive conspiracy that involved the FBI, CIA, in cohorts with the msm. Again…could all be true but It’s just not all that exciting yet.