Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2024 elections Congressional & State

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:39 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:20 am

Wasted work and inefficient work isn't a good thing in the long run. It's akin to propping up businesses and industries that are no longer competitive but we prop them up because we don't want to see them go. Japan and China have some good examples of the dangers of doing that and it's not necessarily a good thing either.
....part and parcel of our system....Exhibit A would be trillions in subsidies for big oil. :coffee:
Fake News. Big Oil gets $0 in subsidies from govt.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:53 pm
trump is the victim of a witch hunt. :coffee:
Fake News.
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

....part and parcel of our system....Exhibit A would be trillions in subsidies for big oil. :coffee:
I certainly think they get subsidies, that's never been the argument. The "trillions" that houndy throws out there is the fake one that the far left has tried to stick with despite all evidence to the contrary. Heck, to get to that number, you need to assume that all the roads, tracks, etc ever built in America are solely for the purpose of Big Oil. You have to assume that all the money we spend on the military is entirely for Big Oil, and anything we do for a foreign policy standpoint is exclusively for Big Oil. It's absurd but houndy has never been a real grounded poster on this site. Obviously every business in America benefits from roads, bridges, a military that makes the world safe for business, and a foreign policy that also makes the world safer. When you throw in other things that most businesses, not just Big Oil, like the ability to depreciate capital projects over a longer time period, and the idea that Big Oil is making trillions off of subsidies just doesn't add up. But it's fun to yell it every now then apparently.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:17 pm
I certainly think they get subsidies, that's never been the argument. The "trillions" that houndy throws out there is the fake one that the far left has tried to stick with despite all evidence to the contrary. Heck, to get to that number, you need to assume that all the roads, tracks, etc ever built in America are solely for the purpose of Big Oil. You have to assume that all the money we spend on the military is entirely for Big Oil, and anything we do for a foreign policy standpoint is exclusively for Big Oil. It's absurd but houndy has never been a real grounded poster on this site. Obviously every business in America benefits from roads, bridges, a military that makes the world safe for business, and a foreign policy that also makes the world safer. When you throw in other things that most businesses, not just Big Oil, like the ability to depreciate capital projects over a longer time period, and the idea that Big Oil is making trillions off of subsidies just doesn't add up. But it's fun to yell it every now then apparently.
I get all that. But if you go by the definition of a ‘subsidy’ being a direct payment or grant, they they aren’t getting subsidies. I know the left will claim ‘tax subsidies’ but the govt takiing less in taxes still isn’t a subsidy ie a direct payment or grant.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Make democrats heads explode- Trump as Speaker. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:20 pm Make democrats heads explode- Trump as Speaker. :nod:
Trump endorsed Jordan. Pretty much the same. Odds the new speaker won’t be from MAGA?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:20 pm Make democrats heads explode- Trump as Speaker. :nod:
Would they change conference rules preventing someone with a felony indictment from being Speaker or ignore them?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:47 am
Trump endorsed Jordan. Pretty much the same. Odds the new speaker won’t be from MAGA?
trump endorses a groomer. Someone buy chastity belts for the House pages.

It would be awesome if jordan were elected speaker but they still allowed a single person to motion to vacate and he was unceremoniously dumped soon after. Give the MAGAt yahoos a little taste of their own medicine.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:47 am

It would be awesome if jordan were elected speaker but they still allowed a single person to motion to vacate and he was unceremoniously dumped soon after. Give the MAGAt yahoos a little taste of their own medicine.
Fake News. :roll:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:42 am

Democrats endorsed a rapist for president.
Republicans did too, at least twice and a third time is a definite possibility.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Republican Jeff Landry claims back Louisiana governor's office in stunning GOP victory
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/re ... r-AA1ieYit

Ha ha JSO..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CNN Political Analyst Accidentally Reveals the Real Reason Democrats Don’t Like Mike Johnson :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

5 day old news, but Manchin saw the writing on the wall (he was going to lose bigly in his re-election bid to WV Gov Jim Justice). Justice will now become the 50th conk Senator. That’s one flip.
…Manchin’s announcement means Democrats will have to win seven competitive races in Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan and Wisconsin — all Republican-leaning or swing states — to keep control of the Senate….

….Democrats don’t have any clear opportunities to flip Republican seats. The most vulnerable Republican incumbents, Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rick Scott (R-Fla.), are favored by prognosticators to win their reelections.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1jLQJr

Senate is going red.. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:57 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:17 pm

I get all that. But if you go by the definition of a ‘subsidy’ being a direct payment or grant, they they aren’t getting subsidies. I know the left will claim ‘tax subsidies’ but the govt takiing less in taxes still isn’t a subsidy ie a direct payment or grant.
the gubmint taking less in taxes is a direct non-payment. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chip Roy providing Dems with honest campaign material.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

House GOP reeling after a top recruit blasts Trump on tape
The GOP is eager to block J.R. Majewski from winning its nomination to challenge veteran Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur. Majewski lost his previous bid for Congress last year, after a news report on his military records indicated he lied about combat duty in Afghanistan.

Republicans turned to former state legislator Craig Riedel to beat Majewski in this cycle's primary. But last week, an audio tape surfaced of Riedel calling Donald Trump "arrogant" and vowing not to endorse the former president. Now the primary looks poised to become a referendum on which is worse in today's GOP: criticizing Trump or allegedly lying about one’s military valor.

Republican strategists don't believe Majewski can win a general election against Kaptur, given his record and how purple the district is. Yet the audio of Riedel may have tanked his chances of defeating Majewski.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:30 am Chip Roy providing Dems with honest campaign material.

Surely Chip knows that conks aren't about "doing" anything, conks are about being opposed to whatever donks are for and a free ride for the hyper-wealthy. A much easier gig
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Dems are programmed to cheat, and all those mail in ballots mailed to the same address ….

“A Queens, New York, man was indicted this week for allegedly submitting 20 falsified absentee ballot applications for the Democratic primary in 2022, the county district attorney’s office announced. “
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Conservative candidates say Lauren Boebert doesn't know Colorado's 4th Congressional District: "Does she think we're that stupid?"
Former state Sen. Ted Harvey, of Highlands Ranch, says Boebert is just carpetbagging.

"It's sad, first and foremost, because she ran to say that she wasn't going to be a career politician," said Harvey. "She has lost the confidence of the conservative voters in the 3rd Congressional District, so much so that she was probably going to lose that seat. And so now she's decided to cling to power and continue to be a career politician."
She's worn out her welcome in western Colorado so she's moving to eastern Colorado, 200+ miles away (from Rifle, CO)?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:41 am Conservative candidates say Lauren Boebert doesn't know Colorado's 4th Congressional District: "Does she think we're that stupid?"
Former state Sen. Ted Harvey, of Highlands Ranch, says Boebert is just carpetbagging.

"It's sad, first and foremost, because she ran to say that she wasn't going to be a career politician," said Harvey. "She has lost the confidence of the conservative voters in the 3rd Congressional District, so much so that she was probably going to lose that seat. And so now she's decided to cling to power and continue to be a career politician."
She's worn out her welcome in western Colorado so she's moving to eastern Colorado, 200+ miles away (from Rifle, CO)?
Well isn’t that………………handy!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:13 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:41 am Conservative candidates say Lauren Boebert doesn't know Colorado's 4th Congressional District: "Does she think we're that stupid?"

Well isn’t that………………handy!
MakeAmericaGropeAgain!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:13 pm Well isn’t that………………handy!
MakeAmericaGropeAgain!
Things MAGA really stands for for $100 Pat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:05 am
houndawg wrote:
MakeAmericaGropeAgain!

:clap:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:05 am

Lol

The Joey Rotten fan club preaching morals… this pervert President is always sniffing little girls and showering with his daughter …
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:04 am
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:28 am

Lol

The Joey Rotten fan club preaching morals… this pervert President is always sniffing little girls and showering with his daughter …
Actual pic of CH in the wild.