Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:53 pm
Wait, weaponizing Twitter is bad now? It was "no big deal" before Musk bought it and it was used against conservatives but now it's a problem?

C'mon Morty, make up your mind. You're as bad as the MAGAts acting like lying wasn't a big deal from 2016-2020 but now it is.
The partisanship of kalmie's post-partisanship breaks through every now and then. He's only human, give him a break. :thumb:
You're right. I should give kalmie an opportunity to explain why what happened at Twitter before Musk wasn't that big of a deal and why what is happening now portends the end of times.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:58 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:22 pm

The partisanship of kalmie's post-partisanship breaks through every now and then. He's only human, give him a break. :thumb:
You're right. I should give kalmie an opportunity to explain why what happened at Twitter before Musk wasn't that big of a deal and why what is happening now portends the end of times.
Next you’re going to tell me the anti-war left pulled Cy Hersch out of the woodwork to expose the US blowing up Nordstream 2.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:58 pm

Next you’re going to tell me the anti-war left pulled Cy Hersch out of the woodwork to expose the US blowing up Nordstream 2.
Poor kalmie ...

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So how did those oversight committee hearings go yesterday? Did they uncover any collusion or instances of government officials attempting to manipulate social media?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:45 am So how did those oversight committee hearings go yesterday? Did they uncover any collusion or instances of government officials attempting to manipulate social media?
Hello?.....hello?........is this thing on..?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:11 am
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:45 am So how did those oversight committee hearings go yesterday? Did they uncover any collusion or instances of government officials attempting to manipulate social media?
Yeah…it’s kind of quiet in here right now. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:20 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:11 am

I didn't watch them. I'm guessing they were similar to the January 6 Committee hearings, a dog & pony show with lots of posturing. It sounds like Byron Donalds may have scored more points in a single day than Cheney did through the whole process.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:05 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:20 am

I didn't watch them. I'm guessing they were similar to the January 6 Committee hearings, a dog & pony show with lots of posturing. It sounds like Byron Donalds may have scored more points in a single day than Cheney did through the whole process.
I heven't watched them either, I was assuming it would be a big topic of discussion here since we have such a large number here who have been waiting for payback time...

Anybody? Are Jordan and Boebert smoking out the truth about....well, whatever it is they're supposedly investigating? BD? Baldy? reek bros? Whats the scoop?

:lmao:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

No, but they provided the Reps with tons of media clips showing how they were tough on whatever subject. It's time for the Reps to bring in some cash, now that ownership of the House has changed hands.

I hope it informed some of the public on censorship though. The more that understand, the better.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Of course. Some low level aides in a hurry to pack up boxes. Thanks NY Times!
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:21 pm Of course. Some low level aides in a hurry to pack up boxes. Thanks NY Times!
How 'bout them Congressional investigations?

I bet Jordan is about to drop the hammer! :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:21 pm Of course. Some low level aides in a hurry to pack up boxes. Thanks NY Times!

Drop the hammer, meaning he'll now have more clips to put out for campaign donations. Like I said in the other thread, now that ownership of the house has changed, the Reps get to act like they are doing "something", when in reality it's simply more campaigning.

You should know by now I have no faith in the establishment. I see how they simply have inserted their way between the people and our incoming taxes and then siphon off whatever they can together. The money stream from donors and kickbacks is plenty big enough to support both parties. It's why I've often felt they use scoring like in boxing.

Oh, you lost this round? I get a 10 and you get a 9.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:36 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:12 pm

Drop the hammer, meaning he'll now have more clips to put out for campaign donations. Like I said in the other thread, now that ownership of the house has changed, the Reps get to act like they are doing "something", when in reality it's simply more campaigning.

You should know by now I have no faith in the establishment. I see how they simply have inserted their way between the people and our incoming taxes and then siphon off whatever they can together. The money stream from donors and kickbacks is plenty big enough to support both parties. It's why I've often felt they use scoring like in boxing.

:rofl:

...more full of shit than a xmas turkey - you'd be just fine with the establishment if they were evangelical wackadoodles. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Biden’s mishandling of classified documents.

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:

...more full of shit than a xmas turkey - you'd be just fine with the establishment if they were evangelical wackadoodles. :coffee:
And you’d be just fine with them if they were illiberal whackadoodles.

2 sides of the same coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:12 am

No, but I'd be happy if it wasn't so obvious that nothing of importance gets done by the establishment that has full transparency.

Jim Jordan can say all he wants, but what is going to happen in the end? Nothing because those that give money to Jordan will ensure of that. This is like when Dems get the oil executives up there and "grill" them. Nothing happens.

The whole exercise is designed to piss one side off for the sole reason of collecting donations via sound bites.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:04 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:12 am

No, but I'd be happy if it wasn't so obvious that nothing of importance gets done by the establishment that has full transparency.

Jim Jordan can say all he wants, but what is going to happen in the end? Nothing because those that give money to Jordan will ensure of that. This is like when Dems get the oil executives up there and "grill" them. Nothing happens.

The whole exercise is designed to piss one side off for the sole reason of collecting donations via sound bites.
Similar to your thoughts on medical decision making, welcome to unregulated and crony capitalism where campaign financing is legalized bribery, nothing is illegal if you have enough money, and virtue is for schmucks.

(And yes, it’s still the best system but yes it needs to be regulated better)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

FBI searched Bidens fake academic center at the University of Delaware for more classified documents.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/politics ... index.html
where Biden has used for years to shield potentially embarrassing documents from the public.
https://nypost.com/2023/01/29/forget-cl ... -delaware/
What is this- location #4 or #5? I can’t keep track..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In interviews with investigators, Biden became muddled about the dates he was vice president and could not even remember the year in which his son Beau died.

And it said his cavalier attitude to classified documents, such as his habit of reading sensitive files to a ghostwriter, posed a significant national security risk.

One of the reasons they decided not to press charges was because 'at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory'.

His 'diminished faculties in advancing age' would likely make him a sympathetic figure to jurors, the report says.

….. It describes his failure to remember key dates in his career and his personal life when he was interviewed by investigators.

'He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President?"),' he reportedly said.

'He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.'

He was also apparently hazy on the debate around withdrawing troops from Afghanistan, which was such a key part of the first months of his presidency……

'We also expect many jurors to be struck by the place where the Afghanistan documents were ultimately found in Mr. Biden's Delaware home: in a badly damaged box in the garage, near a collapsed dog crate, a dog bed, a Zappos box, an empty bucket, a broken lamp wrapped with duct tape, potting soil, and synthetic firewood,' the report concludes.

Photographs in the report include some of the classified Afghanistan documents, showing how they were apparently stored with other household items, including a ladder and a wicker basket.

The material included notebooks with handwritten entries 'implicating sensitive intelligence sources and methods' taken from White House briefings.

The investigation said there was plenty of evidence to suggest that Biden was aware that he was not allowed to keep such classified notes after leaving office, pointing out that his long Washington career meant he was familiar 'with the measures taken to safeguard classified information and the need for those measures to prevent harm to national security.'

Even so, notebooks crammed with classified information were stored in unlocked drawers at his home.

And it was not simply the case that the notebooks were misplaced and forgotten.

'He consulted the notebooks liberally during hours of discussions with his ghostwriter and viewed them as highly private and valued possessions with which he was unwilling to part,' writes Hur.

The ghostwriter helped him with his 2017 memoir, titled 'Promise Me, Dad.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arged.html
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Hur, though, described Biden as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." Hur, throughout the more than 300-page report, said "it would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him" of a serious felony "that requires a mental state of willfulness," and said he would be "well into his eighties."

I said long ago Joey Rotten can play Im to senile on one hand and I’m just not that bright on the other
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

2016: We can’t charge Clinton because even though crimes were committed ‘no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case’ (which was baloney at the time according to numerous forner fed prosecutors).

2020: Even though Biden brought to and stored classifed docs at his Wilminton home, his beachouse & and his UPenn office, and knew about at least some of it because he used it along with his ghostwriter to write his book, won’t charge Biden because a jury would see him as a senile old man.

One set of rules for donks, one for conks.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:18 pm 2016: We can’t charge Clinton because even though crimes were committed ‘no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case’ (which was baloney at the time according to numerous forner fed prosecutors).

2020: Even though Biden brought to and stored classifed docs at his Wilminton home, his beachouse & and his UPenn office, and knew about at least some of it because he used it along with his ghostwriter to write his book, won’t charge Biden because a jury would see him as a senile old man.

One set of rules for donks, one for conks.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:35 pm
Where is Mrs Kitner?

“And you knew” after she slaps complicit Doctor Jill across the face ….
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

So going by what Biden said during his press conference, he FORGOT or is LYING about Hur and/or his team bringing up Beau’s death.
Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources say.
The president raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home, where he said he found classified materials, two sources said.

….“How in the hell dare he raise that?” Biden told reporters in an impromptu White House press conference. “Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn’t any of their damn business.”

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Biden raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home from 2016 to 2018, the sources said, when a ghost writer was helping him write a memoir about losing Beau to brain cancer in 2015. Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says.

Biden began trying to recall that period by discussing what else was happening in his life, and it was at that point in the interview that he appeared confused about when Beau had died, the sources said. Biden got the date—May 30—correct, but not the year….
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rcna138709