Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:23 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 am

You didn’t think it was gonna be the conservative South Dakota governor did ya ….

That’s who I’m leaning towards.
:nod:

nicest rack of the contenders
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 am

You didn’t think it was gonna be the conservative South Dakota governor did ya ….
I think the VP will be female.

...humiliating "Little Marco" periodicly is sort of like recreation for Trump and he already has the Cuban vote so expect Rubio to occupy the position occupied in 2016 by Chris Christie.
Oh Gosh Really ?

Why would Cubans vote for Trump?

Because anyone that could got out of Cuba when Che Castro took over… just like there piling out of New York now
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:33 pm
I don’t believe anything the MSM says about the right, esp Trump, esp headlines.
Did Kelly say "god help us" when asked about trump winning reelection?
So. Plenty have said ‘god help us’ about Biden winning reelection.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Where did the rotten evil clown Xiben send those 320,000 illegals that were flown into the U.S.?

I don’t know but it would have to be key areas as necessary in order to win the 2024 election

Cheating in plain sight is what dictators do
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:10 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm
Did Kelly say "god help us" when asked about trump winning reelection?
How many were biden's Chief of Staff and a Marine General?

It's an indictment by a decorated military leader and someone who knows trump well.

The Republican candidate is usually more pro-miltary and defense but I don't think either major candidate cares about the military or the men and women who are serving or have served.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:52 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:10 pm

It's an indictment by a decorated military leader and someone who knows trump well.

The Republican candidate is usually more pro-miltary and defense but I don't think either major candidate cares about the military or the men and women who are serving or have served.
Biden don’t care … he would rather pay off student loans and encourage people to go to college and waste their time than ever support responsible people or the military
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:52 pm

Biden don’t care … he would rather pay off student loans and encourage people to go to college and waste their time than ever support responsible people or the military
I don't think either one has any respect for the military.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:19 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:08 pm

:roll:

Let me know when Joey B calls the troops that died on D-day losers while standing on the ground in which they're buried. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. You want my vote? Choose better candidates.
My thought process is simple: I cannot in good conscience vote for Biden, who has entirely neglected his duty as president to secure the border and has weaponized the Department of Justice against pro-lifers, alongside countless other abuses of power and failed policies.

At the same time, Trump is an unacceptable candidate due to his actions in the fallout of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, his refusal to debate other GOP candidates in this primary cycle and his self-admitted history of abusing women.
While Gen Z does skew heavily toward the left, such a significant portion of us not being sold on Biden shows a missed opportunity by Republicans who only had to nominate a candidate capable of capturing moderate voters.
As for Republicans, we should not fall victim to the lie that the fate of the country is at stake with this election. That rhetoric is helpful for rallying voters to your side but is dishonest. Our country will survive Biden’s first disastrous presidency, and it can survive another four years.

Our country survived Trump’s fruitless attempts to retain power after he lost the presidency in 2020, and it would survive a second term of his as well. Presidents do not determine the fate of our country, as much as doomsayers on both sides like to forecast.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:01 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:19 pm

:roll:

Let me know when Joey B calls the troops that died on D-day losers while standing on the ground in which they're buried. :ohno:
Fake News.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:18 am I'm not voting for Trump or Biden. You want my vote? Choose better candidates.
My thought process is simple: I cannot in good conscience vote for Biden, who has entirely neglected his duty as president to secure the border and has weaponized the Department of Justice against pro-lifers, alongside countless other abuses of power and failed policies.

At the same time, Trump is an unacceptable candidate due to his actions in the fallout of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, his refusal to debate other GOP candidates in this primary cycle and his self-admitted history of abusing women.
While Gen Z does skew heavily toward the left, such a significant portion of us not being sold on Biden shows a missed opportunity by Republicans who only had to nominate a candidate capable of capturing moderate voters.
As for Republicans, we should not fall victim to the lie that the fate of the country is at stake with this election. That rhetoric is helpful for rallying voters to your side but is dishonest. Our country will survive Biden’s first disastrous presidency, and it can survive another four years.

Our country survived Trump’s fruitless attempts to retain power after he lost the presidency in 2020, and it would survive a second term of his as well. Presidents do not determine the fate of our country, as much as doomsayers on both sides like to forecast.
“Weaponized the DOJ against pro-lifers” seems like an odd statement.

I wonder how many Republicans have become never-Trumpers compared to indies who will truly vote for neither based on some sort of equivalency?

Biden has his short-comings and I get the fatigue with DC establishment but there’s quite a bit at stake here if you believe even a quarter of what Trump, the Heritage Foundation, and Federalist Society plan to do.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

A Texas man is running for president after changing his name to 'Literally Anybody Else'
"America should not be stuck choosing between the 'King of Debt' (his self-declaration) and an 81-year old. Literally Anybody Else isn't a person, it's a rally cry," read Else's campaign website, referencing former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden.
:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

1 in 5 Florida Republicans just voted against Trump. Should he be worried?
Trump snagged 81% of the GOP Florida electorate Tuesday — a week after he’d already clinched the Republican nomination for president. (Florida has closed primaries, meaning only Republicans could vote in Tuesday’s presidential contest.) The former president is the early favorite to defeat President Joe Biden in November in what has become a more reliably red state.

At the same time, however, nearly 1 in 5 Republican primary votes in Florida — more than 200,000 in all — went to someone no longer actively running. For a former president who routinely scored approval ratings above 90% among GOPers when he was in office — and who got nearly 94% of Florida’s primary vote as an incumbent in 2020 — the anti-Trump vote could be indicative of a fractured party.

And in a close election, where swing states can be decided by razor-thin margins, that could make a real difference.
“I cannot believe we’re in a situation where we’re having to choose between two candidates, none of which I like, both of which are octogenarians,” said Mossbacher, who voted for Haley by mail before she ended her campaign. “I still don’t know who I’m going to vote for in the general election.”

Mossbacher voted in Pinellas, often a bellwether in presidential contests. Trump lost it by less than a percentage point in 2020. It proved to be Trump’s second-worst county on Tuesday.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:10 pm 1 in 5 Florida Republicans just voted against Trump. Should he be worried?
Trump snagged 81% of the GOP Florida electorate Tuesday — a week after he’d already clinched the Republican nomination for president. (Florida has closed primaries, meaning only Republicans could vote in Tuesday’s presidential contest.) The former president is the early favorite to defeat President Joe Biden in November in what has become a more reliably red state.

At the same time, however, nearly 1 in 5 Republican primary votes in Florida — more than 200,000 in all — went to someone no longer actively running. For a former president who routinely scored approval ratings above 90% among GOPers when he was in office — and who got nearly 94% of Florida’s primary vote as an incumbent in 2020 — the anti-Trump vote could be indicative of a fractured party.

And in a close election, where swing states can be decided by razor-thin margins, that could make a real difference.
“I cannot believe we’re in a situation where we’re having to choose between two candidates, none of which I like, both of which are octogenarians,” said Mossbacher, who voted for Haley by mail before she ended her campaign. “I still don’t know who I’m going to vote for in the general election.”

Mossbacher voted in Pinellas, often a bellwether in presidential contests. Trump lost it by less than a percentage point in 2020. It proved to be Trump’s second-worst county on Tuesday.
It’s been similar in other states.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm
As predicted here for about the past 3 years and given fresh support by yesterday's election in Alabama: the Republicans are going to be surprised at the size of their loss in November. Their base of yapping CHihuahuas is giving them a false sense of security and they won't see the left hook thrown by the female vote. It's always the left hook....I need to start getting in shape for my victory lap this November.... :grizo2:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:52 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm

As predicted here for about the past 3 years and given fresh support by yesterday's election in Alabama: the Republicans are going to be surprised at the size of their loss in November. Their base of yapping CHihuahuas is giving them a false sense of security and they won't see the left hook thrown by the female vote. It's always the left hook....I need to start getting in shape for my victory lap this November.... :grizo2:
:dunce: When your boy Biden loses and Trump becones the 47th POTUS, your place on CS’s Mt Rushmore of retard will be secure.. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:15 pm

:dunce: When your boy Biden loses and Trump becones the 47th POTUS, your place on CS’s Mt Rushmore of retard will be secure.. :nod:
Saved for posterity.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Senate and House both flip, WH stays donk. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am
Most likely.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

Most likely.
I'd be more and more worried about 3rd party candidates and the impact to Biden. If RFK continues to run, and it doesn't seem like he's leaving anything soon, that could really throw a wrench in some states. And again, despite Biden's likely big lead in the popular vote, if enough of those battleground states that were close before and will be close again tip the other way, it's not all that hard to see a path for Trump to win. In just PA, I was listening to the radio (NPR) the other day and they said a recent poll (I don't have a link, just heard on the radio) showing a 5 person race in PA (so Biden, Trump, RFK, apparently Jill Stein will be on the ballot here, and someone else), Trump would win PA by 5-8 points in a 5 person race (it's close to even with him and Biden straight up in a 2 person race). That has to scare the beejeezus out of the Biden campaign. If they can lose PA, then certainly all the other battleground states are in play too.

Houndie's right that the women's vote is energized by the abortion question and likely to favor Dems, as it has in the more recent elections, but that could certainly be muted by people being un-energetic to vote for a diminished Biden. His age, how people feel about the economy, and how they feel about his overall job performance, are significant drags on voting for him. People whacky enough to vote for Trump are going to do so no matter what legal drama he's ensnared in, and you could argue his voters get more energized with every legal development. If RFK stays in this race, an already close race is going to get a whole lot closer and could be enough to see Trump through to victory. And either way, we get a crappy second term President for the next 4 years. Yay us.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Most likely.
I'd be more and more worried about 3rd party candidates and the impact to Biden. If RFK continues to run, and it doesn't seem like he's leaving anything soon, that could really throw a wrench in some states. And again, despite Biden's likely big lead in the popular vote, if enough of those battleground states that were close before and will be close again tip the other way, it's not all that hard to see a path for Trump to win. In just PA, I was listening to the radio (NPR) the other day and they said a recent poll (I don't have a link, just heard on the radio) showing a 5 person race in PA (so Biden, Trump, RFK, apparently Jill Stein will be on the ballot here, and someone else), Trump would win PA by 5-8 points in a 5 person race (it's close to even with him and Biden straight up in a 2 person race). That has to scare the beejeezus out of the Biden campaign. If they can lose PA, then certainly all the other battleground states are in play too.

Houndie's right that the women's vote is energized by the abortion question and likely to favor Dems, as it has in the more recent elections, but that could certainly be muted by people being un-energetic to vote for a diminished Biden. His age, how people feel about the economy, and how they feel about his overall job performance, are significant drags on voting for him. People whacky enough to vote for Trump are going to do so no matter what legal drama he's ensnared in, and you could argue his voters get more energized with every legal development. If RFK stays in this race, an already close race is going to get a whole lot closer and could be enough to see Trump through to victory. And either way, we get a crappy second term President for the next 4 years. Yay us.
If all we get is crappy we will have dodged a major bullet
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Most likely.

Don’t think will be as big an issue as 2022. Abortion has been codified as a right in a number of states, and Trump DOESN’T support a national (federal) ban. It doesn’t rank as a top issue
Thing is abortions have INCREASED since Roe overturned.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... ny-us-2023
Heck, even liberal Vox is admitting it isn’t going to be as big of an issue in 2024.
https://www.vox.com/politics/24101209/a ... 4-election

Besides how people feel about the economy, also the illegal immigration/border crisis. Its the #1 issue in the country now, ahead of the economy, according to Gallup
https://news.gallup.com/poll/611135/imm ... -list.aspx
and Biden is like 35-40 points underwater on it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Don’t think will be as big an issue as 2022. Abortion has been codified as a right in a number of states, and Trump DOESN’T support a national (federal) ban. It doesn’t rank as a top issue
Heck, even liberal Vox is admitting it isn’t going to be as big of an issue in 2024.

Besides how people feel about the economy, also the illegal immigration/border crisis. Its the #1 issue in the country now, ahead of the economy, according to Gallup
Thats why you're going to lose. :coffee:

If you had the benefit of 40 years of marriage the silence is what would be making you nervous. :coffee:

edit: I'm referring to the female vote more broadly than just the issue of abortion - I just don't see an adjudicated sexual abuser/pussy grabber/rapist drawing a majority of the female vote, and the female vote is the majority of voters.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

If you had the benefit of 40 years of marriage the silence is what would be making you nervous. :coffee:

edit: I'm referring to the female vote more broadly than just the issue of abortion - I just don't see an adjudicated sexual abuser/pussy grabber/rapist drawing a majority of the female vote, and the female vote is the majority of voters.
We’ll see won’t we. Bookmarked for posterity.

The female vote is a majority by a couple of points, but the gender gap is even bigger among men. Trump is in FAR better shape 7 months months out than he was in 2020 and 2016, leading in almost every poll for the 7 swing states that matter, and FWIW leading in the national polls too. And Biden probably has to win the popular by 4+ points to win the EC.

Biden is doing worse among every demographic than he was was in 2020, INCLUDING women.
https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-bi ... ion-2024-3
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

We’ll see won’t we. Bookmarked for posterity.

The female vote is a majority by a couple of points, but the gender gap is even bigger among men. Trump is in FAR better shape 7 months months out than he was in 2020 and 2016, leading in almost every poll for the 7 swing states that matter, and FWIW leading in the national polls too. And Biden probably has to win the popular by 4+ points to win the EC.

Biden is doing worse among every demographic than he was was in 2020, INCLUDING women.
https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-bi ... ion-2024-3
Again, the biggest wildcard is the presence of multiple candidates on the ballot in the battleground states. It doesn't take a lot of votes to flip GA, PA, MI, etc. Who ends up defecting to those alternate candidates could end up deciding the national picture.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation