Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Who are your heroes?

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen made a point in another thread about political heroes.

So who ya got? Living or dead. Who are your political heroes?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Who are your heroes?

Post by GannonFan »

Washington, Lincoln, Grant, and Truman come to mind at first thought.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:00 am Washington, Lincoln, Grant, and Truman come to mind at first thought.

I have a neighbor who was the White House photographer during the Truman admin.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

My ancestors.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZ, Ivy, 93Hen, Chizzy, D1B, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

I don't have any heros but if you forced me to pick one out of all the great people past and present it would have to be Joe Biden
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Next thing you know someone's going to pick donald trump.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:49 am Next thing you know someone's going to pick donald trump.
He stole the Republican Party right out from under the Party overlords.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:52 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:49 am Next thing you know someone's going to pick donald trump.
Indeed, that's a fair assessment. And it's counter to how the powerbrokers on the other side of the aisle have maintained control of the Democratic party, despite a sizeable groundswell from within the party. I think in the end, Trump and his supporters were/are far more nihilistic than Bernie and his supporters, especially when you compare Trump and Bernie - Bernie was happy to take what was given and walk away, Trump is all about him all the time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:52 am

Indeed, that's a fair assessment. And it's counter to how the powerbrokers on the other side of the aisle have maintained control of the Democratic party, despite a sizeable groundswell from within the party. I think in the end, Trump and his supporters were/are far more nihilistic than Bernie and his supporters, especially when you compare Trump and Bernie - Bernie was happy to take what was given and walk away, Trump is all about him all the time.
Biden is all about himself too, maybe even more so than Trump and I know that will be a hard concept to grasp for CNN crowd. I’m not trying to imply Trump isn’t about himself but I think he actually cares about the USA more than Joey.

You just look at Joey Rotten and you can tell he doesn’t really give a crap about anyone.

Neither are my hero’s and we were hoodwinked by the thread title on this because politicians are not heroes

If I had to pick one I’m going with Thomas Sowell

“It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.”

30 great quotes from my hero

https://fee.org/articles/30-priceless-q ... as-sowell/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:58 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Biden is all about himself too, maybe even more so than Trump and I know that will be a hard concept to grasp for CNN crowd. I’m not trying to imply Trump isn’t about himself but I think he actually cares about the USA more than Joey.

You just look at Joey Rotten and you can tell he doesn’t really give a crap about anyone.

Neither are my hero’s and we were hoodwinked by the thread title on this because politicians are not heroes

“It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.”

:lmao: the only thing that trump cares about is trump. The closest Democrat to him as a narcissistic egomaniac is Hillary.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:41 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:58 am

:lmao: the only thing that trump cares about is trump. The closest Democrat to him as a narcissistic egomaniac is Hillary.
The Rotten one has pulled a fast one on you and he doesn’t give two Schmitz about anything
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:41 am

The Rotten one has pulled a fast one on you and he doesn’t give two Schmitz about anything
He hasn't pulled a fast one on me. I agree that he doesn't give 2 Schmidts about anything.

trump has pulled a fast one on you if you really believe that he "actually cares about the USA". As I said, the only think he cares about is himself.

2 Schmidts?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:12 pm

He hasn't pulled a fast one on me. I agree that he doesn't give 2 Schmidts about anything.

trump has pulled a fast one on you if you really believe that he "actually cares about the USA". As I said, the only think he cares about is himself.

2 Schmidts?

Me neither. He’s been a centrist - run of the mill corporatist his whole career. He’s done a few good things but no real surprises. Unsurprisingly similar to Obama.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

2 Schmidts?

You still don't get it. Even if Trump isn't the best person in the world, he will produce a better outcome than the establishment. Doesn't even have to be much, just better.

He showed that his first term. You get the economy rolling, that cures a lot of ills.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:43 pm

2 Schmidts?

You still don't get it. Even if Trump isn't the best person in the world, he will produce a better outcome than the establishment. Doesn't even have to be much, just better.

He showed that his first term. You get the economy rolling, that cures a lot of ills.
What did he do to get the economy rolling?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:24 pm

:rofl: Your Internet broken?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:38 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:24 pm

Answer the question.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:08 pm

2 Schmidts?

Me neither. He’s been a centrist - run of the mill corporatist his whole career. He’s done a few good things but no real surprises. Unsurprisingly similar to Obama.
I disagree with that. He might have appeared to be a centrist but I think he's an opportunist. He'll switch directions when the wind blows if he thinks he'll benefit from it. He needed to appeal to the illiberal wing of the party to win the nomination in 2020 so he did and he's paid for their support by supporting the Green New Deal and the oxymoronic Inflation Reduction Act. Manchin is one of the few Democratic centrists left.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

2 Schmidts?

He juiced the economy when things were good but when shit hit the fan with COVID he clearly demonstrated that he couldn't lead through a crisis. I want a POTUS who can lead in good times and bad.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:43 pm

Answer the question.
Look it up. Fuel prices is a big factor.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:56 pm

He juiced the economy when things were good but when shit hit the fan with COVID he clearly demonstrated that he couldn't lead through a crisis. I want a POTUS who can lead in good times and bad.
Of course. Your Great White Buffalo that will never exist. The perfect UNI candidate.

Juiced the economy. Bitch please. He had to deal with the Obama sluggishness and fixed that immediately. I thought you read a lot. Know stuff.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Answer the question.
He won

It’s just that simple
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:06 pm

Answer the question.
Look it up. Fuel prices is a big factor.
These guys won’t even admit Biden is destroying the economy, run a way inflation, war on oil industry and left the door wide open on the border that emboldens every drug smuggler on the planet …. Biden has been wrong about everything and he’s a condescending belligerent troll idiot, but Trump is a mean and bad person so Joeys fuck ups are all ok
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:56 pm

Of course. Your Great White Buffalo that will never exist. The perfect UNI candidate.

Juiced the economy. Bitch please. He had to deal with the Obama sluggishness and fixed that immediately. I thought you read a lot. Know stuff.
My apologies for wanting a candidate with integrity who can actually lead. Go ahead and blame me for having standards and not accepting trump's shortcomings.

I have a pretty good understanding of economics. trump inherited an improving economy that was ready to take off. I'll give him credit that his policies helped it take off and IMO do better than it would have under Hillary. He lost me when he fvcked everything up with COVID and beyond. January 6 and the fraudulent electors were the icing on the cake of his being unfit for office.