Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

9-0!

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: 9-0!

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Take a vacation Mrs Griswold and never come back …. Elitist idiot

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold said that she was "disappointed" in the ruling.

"I am disappointed in the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision stripping states of the authority to enforce Section 3 of the 14th Amendment for federal candidates," she said in a statement. "Colorado should be able to bar oath-breaking insurrections from our ballot."
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Darn conservative wing of the court...

Oh, wait...
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey Kalm, was it really 5-4? :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

9-0!

Post by UNI88 »

Should have been 8 - 0.

Thomas should recuse himself from any case involving trump.

Clear conflict of interest and using the BDKKKaren standard, he’s more biased than any judge in any of trump’s criminal charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:23 pm Hey Kalm, was it really 5-4? :lol:
the important part was 5-4 and the dissenters were all the courts women members - this is a big deal but you won't realize it or another six months.

"..the majority attempts to insulate all alleged isurrectionists from future challenges to their holding Federal office.." - interesting that Amy Coney Barret joined the other women in dissenting and could be even more interesting in November
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:23 pm Hey Kalm, was it really 5-4? :lol:
the important part was 5-4 and the dissenters were all the courts women members - this is a big deal but you won't realize it or another six months.

"..the majority attempts to insulate all alleged insurrectionists from future challenges to their holding Federal office.." - interesting that Amy Coney Barret joined the other women in dissenting and could be even more interesting in November
Already answered this in the other thread. Your spin on this just flies in the face of the actual facts. Biggest issue was states unilaterally deciding on their own who gets to run in federal elections. Court couldn't have been any more united in refuting that. Court wins like that are significant and clear. That was the big issue.

As for Trump being an insurrectionist, that wasn't the issue in the case and all 9 judges acknowledged that, despite you thinking otherwise. And again, if the avenue to remove insurrectionists from federal office was closed off, as you seem to insinuate although I doubt you even read the opinion, then how come the majority make clear reference to 18 US Code 2383, passed by Congress so satisfying Sec 5 of the 14th, as the means to charge and convict people of insurrection, thereby giving a clear path on how to remove people from federal office? Those folks who spun the "lost cause" myths for almost a century should give you a call and get you on their team, your penchant to spin things to something completely opposite of what it really is can be in high demand from those who want to avoid the truth.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:35 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 am

"..the majority attempts to insulate all alleged insurrectionists from future challenges to their holding Federal office.." - interesting that Amy Coney Barret joined the other women in dissenting and could be even more interesting in November
Already answered this in the other thread. Your spin on this just flies in the face of the actual facts. Biggest issue was states unilaterally deciding on their own who gets to run in federal elections. Court couldn't have been any more united in refuting that. Court wins like that are significant and clear. That was the big issue.

As for Trump being an insurrectionist, that wasn't the issue in the case and all 9 judges acknowledged that, despite you thinking otherwise. And again, if the avenue to remove insurrectionists from federal office was closed off, as you seem to insinuate although I doubt you even read the opinion, then how come the majority make clear reference to 18 US Code 2383, passed by Congress so satisfying Sec 5 of the 14th, as the means to charge and convict people of insurrection, thereby giving a clear path on how to remove people from federal office? Those folks who spun the "lost cause" myths for almost a century should give you a call and get you on their team, your penchant to spin things to something completely opposite of what it really is can be in high demand from those who want to avoid the truth.
likewise other thread - my comment pertains to the dissent by the four women judges which I think is interesting because of its breaking along gender lines.

After the election when the conks are working on their battle damage assessment they'll be wondering why they didn't see it. You can tell them CS.com was onto that shit 9 months ago.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:04 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:35 am

likewise other thread - my comment pertains to the dissent by the four women judges which I think is interesting because of its breaking along gender lines.

After the election when the conks are working on their battle damage assessment they'll be wondering why they didn't see it. You can tell them CS.com was onto that shit 9 months ago.
They. Didn't. Dissent. It was a 9-0 judgement, and one of the four women judges specifically wrote her concurring opinion to reiterate that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation