Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Tim Walz gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by UNI88 »

Let's get this started ...

Click here for some of Tim Walz's many, many lies.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Tim Walz gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by kalm »

Skyler Johnson
@SkylerforNY
·
Follow
BREAKING: It’s been confirmed that Tim Walz regularly tells relatives on phone calls that “Gwen sends her love” despite no indication of her having done so.

When will his deceit end?

Patrick Monahan
@pattymo
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHS: Tim Walz wearing crown that proclaims him “Burger King” despite having no such title

:lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Social distance hotline for Karen's to report their neighbors.

Along with putting in place mask mandates, the governor also instituted a hotline number for people to report those violating social distancing guidelines.

Violations carried penalties of up to a $1,000 fine or 90 days in jail but Walz’s administration told police departments to warn people rather than issue citations, reported the Minnesota Reformer.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Tiananmen Tampon Tim is lying again oh wait his mouth opened of course he is.

FYI, I actually believe he was in China, they are much more in line with his mental illness politically. He wants to be a dictator sooooo bad.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

The legislation Walz signed in May 2023 got rid of the word “preserve” and replaced the previous wording with a revised requirement “to care for the infant who is born alive.”

Pro-lifers say they find that change disturbing.

“The concern is that the law no longer requires that lifesaving measures be taken. It only requires ‘care.’ So the law as it’s now written could allow a baby to be left to die, even a baby who could be saved with appropriate lifesaving measures,” Paul Stark, communications director with the pro-life group Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life, told the Register.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

During his campaign rally, Walz said that his mother has to wait for her social security check every month to feed herself.

According to Forbes, Walz has an estimated net worth of over $1 million.

Walz has spent the better part of his career in the public service sector. He was a former public school teacher and Army National Guardsman who served six terms in Congress before becoming the governor of Minnesota in 2019.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Walz’s ethnic studies curriculum was supposed to have been released in time for public comment from August 9 through August 22. It has been delayed, however, until October 31, no doubt to prevent it from becoming an issue in the presidential election.

First-graders must “identify examples of ethnicity, equality, liberation and systems of power” and “use those examples to construct meanings for those terms.”
Fourth-graders must “identify the processes and impacts of colonization and examine how discrimination and the oppression of various racial and ethnic groups have produced resistance movements.”
High school students are told to “develop an analysis of racial capitalism” and “anti-Blackness” and are taught to view themselves as members of “racialized hierarchies” based on “dominant European beauty standards.”
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Tampon Tim got all mad today when the entire crowd started chanting TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP today at his rally.

Funny watching him fail and flounder
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 4:25 pm Tampon Tim got all mad today when the entire crowd started chanting TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP today at his rally.

Funny watching him fail and flounder
:lol:

Gil is doing an excellent job of dredging up the truth on Tiny Tim …
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Tim Walz, Education Radical
Published August 8, 2024

National Review Online

By Stanley Kurtz

If someone asked me to name the most radical state education standards in the country, I’d point to Minnesota. I did just that last year when I singled out Rhode Island, Illinois, and Minnesota as the embodiments of our “Blue State Education Nightmare.” Truly, Minnesota is the worst of the lot, and I’m going to tell you why.

Note first, however, that the story of Minnesota’s nightmare education standards isn’t just about Tim Walz’s radicalism, although it certainly establishes that. No, the problem is that America is still largely blind to the threat that Minnesota’s standards represent. Minnesota’s reworked education standards, steeped in the benign-sounding “ethnic studies” approach, are a kind of stealth critical race theory.

Ethnic studies derives from a different radical tradition than CRT, although the two traditions now blend and overlap. But while critical race theory is known and understood, ethnic studies still sounds to most Americans like innocent heritage boosterism.

In reality, ethnic studies — especially the brand of it Tim Walz has brought to Minnesota — is race-based neo-Marxism. Essentially, ethnic studies is a kind of anti-civics in which students are taught to reject and replace America’s system of government.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:29 am Tim Walz, Education Radical
Published August 8, 2024

National Review Online

By Stanley Kurtz

If someone asked me to name the most radical state education standards in the country, I’d point to Minnesota. I did just that last year when I singled out Rhode Island, Illinois, and Minnesota as the embodiments of our “Blue State Education Nightmare.” Truly, Minnesota is the worst of the lot, and I’m going to tell you why.

Note first, however, that the story of Minnesota’s nightmare education standards isn’t just about Tim Walz’s radicalism, although it certainly establishes that. No, the problem is that America is still largely blind to the threat that Minnesota’s standards represent. Minnesota’s reworked education standards, steeped in the benign-sounding “ethnic studies” approach, are a kind of stealth critical race theory.

Ethnic studies derives from a different radical tradition than CRT, although the two traditions now blend and overlap. But while critical race theory is known and understood, ethnic studies still sounds to most Americans like innocent heritage boosterism.

In reality, ethnic studies — especially the brand of it Tim Walz has brought to Minnesota — is race-based neo-Marxism. Essentially, ethnic studies is a kind of anti-civics in which students are taught to reject and replace America’s system of government.
Ethnic sounds foreign and commie to me. No bueno.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:29 am Tim Walz, Education Radical
Published August 8, 2024

National Review Online

By Stanley Kurtz

Gil, I want to dig into this more. I can google this to get more details but I thought I'd ask you for some links or recommendations first.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

This program will be announced the 31st.

https://amac.us/newsline/education/tim- ... s-schools/

Moreover, not only has Walz made “ethnic studies” required learning for every public school student, he has mandated that the ideology is infused into every subject, from math to reading and writing. As Kurtz points out, Walz’s approach to ethnic studies is even more radical than the one taken by California Governor Gavin Newsom, who rebuffed the very same left-wing education activist groups that Walz has embraced.

Even more alarmingly for students and parents, all of Walz’s woke education reforms have coincided with declines in student performance. When Walz took office in 2019, 59 percent of Minnesota students were rated “proficient” in reading, while 55 percent were proficient in math. By 2023, those numbers had fallen to 50 percent and 45.5 percent respectively.

Over that same time period, Minnesota’s chronic absenteeism rate more than doubled, from 14 percent to 30 percent. Largely as a result, Minnesota’s schools are now ranked 17th in the nation. They were ranked 5th when Walz took office.

Despite these alarming statistics, Walz has refused to get back to the basics, instead opting to double and triple down on turning schools into left-wing indoctrination camps.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:05 pm This program will be announced the 31st.

Moreover, not only has Walz made “ethnic studies” required learning for every public school student, he has mandated that the ideology is infused into every subject, from math to reading and writing. As Kurtz points out, Walz’s approach to ethnic studies is even more radical than the one taken by California Governor Gavin Newsom, who rebuffed the very same left-wing education activist groups that Walz has embraced.

Even more alarmingly for students and parents, all of Walz’s woke education reforms have coincided with declines in student performance. When Walz took office in 2019, 59 percent of Minnesota students were rated “proficient” in reading, while 55 percent were proficient in math. By 2023, those numbers had fallen to 50 percent and 45.5 percent respectively.

Over that same time period, Minnesota’s chronic absenteeism rate more than doubled, from 14 percent to 30 percent. Largely as a result, Minnesota’s schools are now ranked 17th in the nation. They were ranked 5th when Walz took office.

Despite these alarming statistics, Walz has refused to get back to the basics, instead opting to double and triple down on turning schools into left-wing indoctrination camps.
Ethnic studies is an elective out here in Seattle suburb area. My daughter, who has a very loving heart took the class and quickly realized if she didn't give the "right" answer, she would get a bad grade. She carries a 3.8, so she's no dummy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleDingleberry wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:12 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:05 pm This program will be announced the 31st.

Ethnic studies is an elective out here in Seattle suburb area. My daughter, who has a very loving heart took the class and quickly realized if she didn't give the "right" answer, she would get a bad grade. She carries a 3.8, so she's no dummy.
Slavery, racism and discrimination happened and should be taught in our schools. CRT and it's relatives should not be taught as fact and should only be taught at levels where students can understand that they're theories to be debated, not facts to be accepted as is.

The woke left pushing CRT is no better than the zealous right pushing to teach Christianity in public schools.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:33 pm

Slavery, racism and discrimination happened and should be taught in our schools. CRT and it's relatives should not be taught as fact and should only be taught at levels where students can understand that they're theories to be debated, not facts to be accepted as is.

The woke left pushing CRT is no better than the zealous right pushing to teach Christianity in public schools.
You have no idea what you are talking about. My daughter and I talked throughout her course and it had nothing to do with what you say.

Do they currently teach Christianity outside of Christian schools today?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleDingleberry wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:42 pm

You have no idea what you are talking about. My daughter and I talked throughout her course and it had nothing to do with what you say.

What isn't what I say? I don't think CRT and it's like should be taught in schools. But there are states that are using the backlash against CRT to restrict teaching about race and gender. Many States Are Limiting How Schools Can Teach About Race. Most Voters Disagree. That's bullshit.

Racism and discrimination like Jim Crow laws, restrictive zoning, different borrowing rules, unequal justice for people of color, etc. happened and should be taught in schools despite the fragile egos of the snowflakes who oppose teaching the truth.

States that are pushing to teach Christianity include: MAQA yahoos are hypocrites when it comes to the 1st Amendment.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 3:05 pm
SeattleDingleberry wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:42 pm

What isn't what I say? I don't think CRT and it's like should be taught in schools. But there are states that are using the backlash against CRT to restrict teaching about race and gender. Many States Are Limiting How Schools Can Teach About Race. Most Voters Disagree. That's bullshit.

Racism and discrimination like Jim Crow laws, restrictive zoning, different borrowing rules, unequal justice for people of color, etc. happened and should be taught in schools despite the fragile egos of the snowflakes who oppose teaching the truth.

States that are pushing to teach Christianity include: MAQA yahoos are hypocrites when it comes to the 1st Amendment.
So what the fuck is the problem? Butt out of a conversation you have no dog in. Jesus you're insufferable.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleDingleberry wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 3:05 pm

So what the fuck is the problem? Butt out of a conversation you have no dog in. Jesus you're insufferable.
Reading comprehension is essential. I compared the woke left pushing for teaching CRT to the zealous right pushing for teaching Christianity. Duh!

Insufferable is the self righteous twits on who believe one or the other of these should be pushed.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

ok but let's follow up that class with crime stats, who is committing the crimes on a percentage basis, let's talk about global racism and how other countries are racist, it's just not the USA.

Let's talk about the entire slave trade and ask those kids just how those slave traders were able to convince 400 Africans to go below decks and chain themselves to each other, they had to have some help.

just balance it out and teach it all with no exceptions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:02 am

ok but let's follow up that class with crime stats, who is committing the crimes on a percentage basis, let's talk about global racism and how other countries are racist, it's just not the USA.

Let's talk about the entire slave trade and ask those kids just how those slave traders were able to convince 400 Africans to go below decks and chain themselves to each other, they had to have some help.

No problem. Who first sold Africans into slavery is part of history and should be a part of the story. It should also be taught that Arabs were buying and selling African slaves long before Europeans.

The slave trade to the US ended with the Civil War, the racism and outright discrimination continued for another hundred years. Jim Crow laws, zoning, lending, etc. that made it exponentially harder for people of color to get an education, own their home and build generational wealth.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:06 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 7:02 am

No problem. Who first sold Africans into slavery is part of history and should be a part of the story. It should also be taught that Arabs were buying and selling African slaves long before Europeans.

The slave trade to the US ended with the Civil War, the racism and outright discrimination continued for another hundred years. Jim Crow laws, zoning, lending, etc. that made it exponentially harder for people of color to get an education, own their home and build generational wealth.
zoom out though, it would only be logical to say that coming out of something like the post Civil War era would take a century or more to overcome, less for some more for others ....
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:11 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:06 am

zoom out though, it would only be logical to say that coming out of something like the post Civil War era would take a century or more to overcome, less for some more for others ....
That doesn't make it okay. Those laws also help explain that Blacks ended up in ghettos because Whites forced them there. Now we want to declare that everything and everyone is equal when Whites on average are starting on second base while Blacks on average are starting behind the 8-Ball. I'm not advocating for reparations but we should recognize that Blacks didn't end up in ghettos because they were stupid or lazy.

If America is the Land of Opportunity then education should be considered part of our infrastructure and not be gutted financially or philosophically (by expunging references to racism or becoming religious indoctrination).

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:20 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:11 am

That doesn't make it okay. Those laws also help explain that Blacks ended up in ghettos because Whites forced them there. Now we want to declare that everything and everyone is equal when Whites on average are starting on second base while Blacks on average are starting behind the 8-Ball. I'm not advocating for reparations but we should recognize that Blacks didn't end up in ghettos because they were stupid or lazy.

If America is the Land of Opportunity then education should be considered part of our infrastructure and not be gutted financially or philosophically (by expunging references to racism or becoming religious indoctrination).
I believe there is definitely truth in what you say about blacks being disadvantaged post-civil war, no doubt about it. Fathers would help, but the left encourages single mothers because they get larger gov handouts if they are single. A self-defeating policy.

Republicans generally don't acknowledge the hole blacks are starting in and Dems and Blacks use it as an excuse for everything, the truth is somewhere in between. Honestly, it's time for blacks to stop making excuses and pick up their game if you ask me. I pull for them and love it when I see a Ben Carson and so many more successful blacks that made it out of the inner city.

Living in Puerto Rico taught me a lot of things and one was being a "minority" can be tough, especially when they will hire the Puerto Rican and toss you out like the trash if you are not one of them. My daughter interviewed for a job in Puerto Rico and it was in Spanish, I asked her how she thought she did, she said ok but after the first question the lady commented.... you're not from here are you? basically, interview over.

Reparations have been happening under another name for decades, right? I'm not totally against the concept but I think they should be earned. If you do good in High school as a black kid, give that kid something for it. so many other examples of how they could be earned. The problem is the Dems will give them to undeserving people and what would they do with the money? You just can't give them to every black person blindly and besides you would have way to many Lizzy Warren types claiming they are black. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:39 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:20 am

I believe there is definitely truth in what you say about blacks being disadvantaged post-civil war, no doubt about it. Fathers would help, but the left encourages single mothers because they get larger gov handouts if they are single. A self-defeating policy.

Republicans generally don't acknowledge the hole blacks are starting in and Dems and Blacks use it as an excuse for everything, the truth is somewhere in between. Honestly, it's time for blacks to stop making excuses and pick up their game if you ask me. I pull for them and love it when I see a Ben Carson and so many more successful blacks that made it out of the inner city.

Living in Puerto Rico taught me a lot of things and one was being a "minority" can be tough, especially when they will hire the Puerto Rican and toss you out like the trash if you are not one of them. My daughter interviewed for a job in Puerto Rico and it was in Spanish, I asked her how she thought she did, she said ok but after the first question the lady commented.... you're not from here are you? basically, interview over.

Reparations have been happening under another name for decades, right? I'm not totally against the concept but I think they should be earned. If you do good in High school as a black kid, give that kid something for it. so many other examples of how they could be earned. The problem is the Dems will give them to undeserving people and what would they do with the money? You just can't give them to every black person blindly and besides you would have way to many Lizzy Warren types claiming they are black. :lol:
I don't disagree, especially with the bolded. Whites pushed Blacks into ghettos but once there a culture developed where authority isn't trusted and education isn't valued. Changing that culture would do wonders for people living in ghettos.

If you want to understand what Blacks have had to overcome I would recommend reading The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein and Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.