Senate Favors Second Amendment In National Parks..

Political discussions
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Senate Favors Second Amendment In National Parks..

Post by Wedgebuster »

But is Obama still coming after our guns/ammo? :roll:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politic ... 45318.html
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Re: Senate Favors Second Amendment In National Parks..

Post by Appaholic »

Wedgebuster wrote:But is Obama still coming after our guns/ammo? :roll:

Of course he is......Rush & Hannity told me so.....
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

If Obama doesn't, one of his lackeys will. Go and try to get some .22 shells. GOOD LUCK
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

But final passage of the amendment, which was attached to legislation rewriting some credit card laws to favor consumers, isn't guaranteed.

Though it was passed by a 67 to 29 vote, with 27 Democrats, 39 Republicans and one independent voting aye, it could still be stripped from the final bill, which the Senate will continue to consider Wednesday. One Republican, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, joined 28 Democrats in voting no.
Nice spin, Wedgie. :roll: :roll: The ONLY reason this amendment passed was because of the nanny-state legislation it was attached to. I fully expect the amendment to be stripped from the final bill.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

grizzaholic wrote:

If Obama doesn't, one of his lackeys will. Go and try to get some .22 shells. GOOD LUCK
If .22 shells are in short supply, it is only because a bunch of morons believed the right-wing scare-mongerers.
:thumb:
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Wedgebuster »

Yeah, as I have in the past stated, I STILL have mucho reloading components left over from the last OMG they are coming to take my guns scare, some 20 years ago.

I would imagine with the Democrat majority Senate passing this on, the paranoia will subside a bit, and .22 shells etc. will start showing up on the shelves again.

I have no shortages myself, and have no plans to take part of any of this panic buying this time around.

Carry on!
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Post by JayJ79 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
But final passage of the amendment, which was attached to legislation rewriting some credit card laws to favor consumers, isn't guaranteed.

Though it was passed by a 67 to 29 vote, with 27 Democrats, 39 Republicans and one independent voting aye, it could still be stripped from the final bill, which the Senate will continue to consider Wednesday. One Republican, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, joined 28 Democrats in voting no.
Nice spin, Wedgie. :roll: :roll: The ONLY reason this amendment passed was because of the nanny-state legislation it was attached to. I fully expect the amendment to be stripped from the final bill.

'tis one of the things that sucks about our system of government.
Things get attached to bills that have absolutely nothing to do with the main bill itself.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

JayJ79 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Things get attached to bills that have absolutely nothing to do with the main bill itself.

You and Z gotta quit your bitchin' and run for fucking office and change everything.

:roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

You and Z gotta quit your bitchin' and run for fucking office and change everything.

Why? Did YOU run for office the past 8 years while you armchair quarterbacked the presidency? :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:

Why? Did YOU run for office the past 8 years while you armchair quarterbacked the presidency? :roll: :roll:

My bitching amounted to frequent SMFH'ing. You're bitching can be heard overseas, you Conk blowhard!

BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:

They could run together as a Jay-Z ticket. :D
griz37
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: unwrittengriz

Post by griz37 »

Just what we need a bunch of Californians & Asians running around Glacier & Yellowstone bustin a cap everytime a mountain goat looks their way.
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Wedgebuster »

griz37 wrote:Just what we need a bunch of Californians & Asians running around Glacier & Yellowstone bustin a cap everytime a mountain goat looks their way.
MMM, bad day if they did. In my entire lifetime I have never witnessed such outrageously nazi behavior in American citizens relating to another American citizen than I have with members of the National Park Service's Law Enforcement Officers. They for the most part are young punks, with huge attitudes, and guns in a place that would not allow law abiding citizens to possess their own in strict contradiction to our Constitution, and rights as American citizens. If there ever was a truly ordained fascist regime in our nation, it would be within the NPS.

God help any ignorant douche that goes to a National Park, and starts busting caps on beer bottles in a campground, they would gun him down with military weapons, and be totally protected by the Government.

Now, the fact is, this will only apply to those who have a legal carry permit, not a light task.

Doubt me? Call you local Sheriff's Dept, and ask about getting a gun permit. BTW, if you do get one, please know that if you get pulled over for a traffic offense, you will be approached with guns drawn, and you had better be G-damn clean, in every respect, or it will be a very long day for you.

Around here, near a couple of the busiest and best known National Parks, the local law enforcement officers refer to the Park Narcs, as "Pine Pigs."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Appaholic wrote:

Of course he is......Rush & Hannity told me so.....

Only 27 of the 55 dems present voted for it. When a credit card bill the dems want is attached to a reasonable gun bill and still only half of the dems vote for it, I still think anti-gun fervor is alive and well in the dem party.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.