SEVEN Liberty Players Drafted!!!

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

SEVEN Liberty Players Drafted!!!

Post by SuperHornet »

This is the most ever and ties two CCU teams for most taken in a single draft in Big South history.

http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18495&MID=30996

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Re: SEVEN Liberty Players Drafted!!!

Post by uofmman1122 »

Nice. Now they can go to the big leagues, get hooked on hookers and blow, and kiss their shot at heaven goodbye.

:lol:
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Isn't this already in the baseball thread? And how many of them are going to get money that is actually worth not finishing their degree? Most anyone past the 10th round could make more their 1st year out of college than what will be left after everything (including taxes) is dived up

Our 13th rd pick (and anyone later) should just stay at school
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

CatMom,

I definitely agree with you. But unlike football and hoops, getting drafted in baseball doesn't necessarily mean that they'll go -- but it's OH so tempting, I know. I wonder how many actually go back to finish the degree. In many cases, that will be HUGE as either they'll bog down in AA ball or they'll blow out their knee. We typically don't have to worry about the guy who blows his wad on a ton of Rolls and then loses the rest to bad investment advice from an unscrupulous agent anymore, but you never know about that, either.

Get the degree before you come out, dummies!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

Too bad our coaches suck and didn't take advantage of the talent.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

SuperJon wrote:Too bad our coaches suck and didn't take advantage of the talent.
So....Liberty has a ton of hype - and players on awards lists - yet can't accomplish dick on the field.....

Sounds an awful lot like the Liberty football team.
ODUalum11
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Monarchs, Gators, Huskies

Post by ODUalum11 »

Clenz, I was about to say the same thing. Seven players drafted is impressive considering the fact I heard nothing about them this season.
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

SuperHornet wrote:CatMom,

I definitely agree with you. But unlike football and hoops, getting drafted in baseball doesn't necessarily mean that they'll go -- but it's OH so tempting, I know. I wonder how many actually go back to finish the degree. In many cases, that will be HUGE as either they'll bog down in AA ball or they'll blow out their knee. We typically don't have to worry about the guy who blows his wad on a ton of Rolls and then loses the rest to bad investment advice from an unscrupulous agent anymore, but you never know about that, either.

Get the degree before you come out, dummies!
Our 2B will be coming back. I happen to know what he was offered and I make that much in a month working retail. Kid made 2nd Team Academic All American (accounting) and really is a helluva ball player. He was a post season Freshman AA in 2009, spent 2010 injured most of the year but recovered nicely in 2011: and broke several school records this season. I assume his problem with scouts is his size. Would love to see him get back to back great seasons, finish his degree and go higher next year.
SENOREIDA
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by SENOREIDA »

clenz wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Too bad our coaches suck and didn't take advantage of the talent.
So....Liberty has a ton of hype - and players on awards lists - yet can't accomplish dick on the field.....

Sounds an awful lot like the Liberty football team.
Its hard to compete with CCU in baseball. We are basically like a Goliath when it comes to BSC baseball. (you see the Bible reference i made there, lol)
CatMom
Level3
Level3

Post by CatMom »

So - one player declined being drafted (I know the whole story but can not divulge)
our 2B will return
our 3B signed with the Braves
our 1B hasn't signed yet (I know what he was offered also so it is an iffy situation)
our graduated Sr has signed
our RHP - Friday starter - has yet to sign.