Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II membership

All other college sports!
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Should we cancel the Cancun Tipoff Challenge that's been held every year in Mexico with no problem?

HOW CAN WE SEND THESE COLLEGE STUDENTS INTO THE HEART OF THE BEAST WHERE THEY FACE CERTAIN DEATH BY DECAPITATION?!!?

Image
Hey!!! Congratulations! After two days of getting ass-whooped, you finally found an example to make your case! :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Not a bad idea to avoid DC as well?
I was being facetious. DC's murders aren't political statements. They don't happen in groups of 15, 20, 25, or 50.
Violent crime in Washington, D.C. has declined 46% since 1995. Property crimes have dropped 46.3%. From Wikipedia:
There were 181 murders and non-negligent homicides in Washington, D.C. in 2007, and 131 homicides in 2010, the lowest such tally since 1963
Christ, it's a bed of tranquility compared to your example of Guadalajara. :roll: :roll:
It's about the same, statistically.

The article you posted said Guadalajara's homicides rose to ~300. Guadalajara's population is ~3x that of Washington, DC. That's a similar murder rate to DC's 131. :lol: Nice try, though.
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Also, Mexico just hosted the U-17 World Cup in Mexico this summer.

A tournament of teennagers from all over the world... held throughout the country... and it worked out fine. Even in such cities like Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Monterrey that AZ thinks is "like the fucking wild West all over again" :roll: :lol:

Image
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I was being facetious. DC's murders aren't political statements. They don't happen in groups of 15, 20, 25, or 50.
Violent crime in Washington, D.C. has declined 46% since 1995. Property crimes have dropped 46.3%. From Wikipedia:

Christ, it's a bed of tranquility compared to your example of Guadalajara. :roll: :roll:
It's about the same, statistically.

The article you posted said Guadalajara's homicides rose to ~300. Guadalajara's population is 3x that of Washington, DC. That's a similar murder rate to DC's 131. :lol: Nice try, though.
But drug killings in Jalisco more than doubled last year to almost 600, with about half of them in Guadalajara.
Those 300 are JUST the drug killings. Nice try though. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Also, Mexico just hosted the U-17 World Cup in Mexico this summer.

A tournament of teennagers from all over the world... held throughout the country... and it worked out fine. Even in such cities like Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Monterrey that AZ thinks is "like the fucking wild West all over again" :roll: :lol:

Image
Well, good for them. Glad it worked out for all involved. There's no way my kid would be going to that tournament.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 43929
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Also, Mexico just hosted the U-17 World Cup in Mexico this summer.

A tournament of teennagers from all over the world... held throughout the country... and it worked out fine. Even in such cities like Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Monterrey that AZ thinks is "like the fucking wild West all over again" :roll: :lol:

Image
Well, good for them. Glad it worked out for all involved. There's no way my kid would be going to that tournament.
She's just sailing solo around the world
:thumb:

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote: Well, good for them. Glad it worked out for all involved. There's no way my kid would be going to that tournament.
Great. No one said your kid had to go. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Well, good for them. Glad it worked out for all involved. There's no way my kid would be going to that tournament.
Great. No one said your kid had to go. :thumb:
These universities are playing russian roulette with their student athletes.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote: These universities are playing russian roulette with their student athletes.
Which ones? The ones that send their kids to Cancun for basketball tournaments? Or the ones that send their kids to DC for field trips or sports tourneys?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: These universities are playing russian roulette with their student athletes.
Which ones? The ones that send their kids to Cancun for basketball tournaments? Or the ones that send their kids to DC for field trips or sports tourneys?
Yes.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Uh oh.

Knoxville's murder rate (16 per 100,000) is twice as high as Mexico City's (8 per 100,000).

You better call up the Griz athletic department and let them know they're playing Russian Roulette with the Griz football team. :ohno:

Would be pretty expensive to buy out that game from Tennessee at this late date... but, we're talking kids' lives here... I'm sure the Montana administration will understand where you're coming from. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Uh oh.

Knoxville's murder rate (16 per 100,000) is twice as high as Mexico City's (8 per 100,000).

You better call up the Griz athletic department and let them know they're playing Russian Roulette with the Griz football team. :ohno:

Would be pretty expensive to buy out that game from Tennessee at this late date... but, we're talking kids' lives here. I'm sure the Montana administration will understand. :lol:
Once again, you fail to distinguish between "murder" and political statements. :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

FC Dallas will be risking their lives by venturing into University City, DF to take on UNAM Pumas in CONCACAF Champions League action tonight. Kickoff at 10 est.

Hope the Red Stripes make it out with their heads attached. :thumb:

iVamos Pumas!
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:FC Dallas will be risking their lives by venturing into University City, DF to take on UNAM Pumas in CONCACAF Champions League action tonight. Kickoff at 10 est.

Hope the Red Stripes make it out with their heads attached. :thumb:

iVamos Pumas!
Doing it doesn't make it smart, analboy. :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

EPJr
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2286
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:44 am
I am a fan of: VCU/A-10
A.K.A.: BigE
Location: Richmond Virginia USA

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by EPJr »

Skjellyfetti wrote:FC Dallas will be risking their lives by venturing into University City, DF to take on UNAM Pumas in CONCACAF Champions League action tonight. Kickoff at 10 est.

Hope the Red Stripes make it out with their heads attached. :thumb:

iVamos Pumas!
they did and with a 1:0 victory

to get back to the topic :roll:
if the mexican schools are like their national team
they would probably be just as happy playing here

BTW: they already play futbol americano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONEFA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image
http://www.a10talk.com/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Atlantic10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://twitter.com/atlantic10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Holy crap. EPJr. is real. :shock: I think that's the first time I've ever seen him type out a post... not just copy and paste an article. :shock: :shock:

and, yeah, I know Mexicans play futbol americano.
[youtube][/youtube]
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Holy crap. EPJr. is real. :shock: I think that's the first time I've ever seen him type out a post... not just copy and paste an article. :shock: :shock:

and, yeah, I know Mexicans play futbol americano.
[youtube][/youtube]
:lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... asino.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MONTERREY, Mexico -- Two dozen gunmen burst into a casino in northern Mexico on Thursday, doused it with a flammable liquid and started a fire that trapped gamblers inside, killing at least 32 people and injuring a dozen more, authorities said.

The fire at the Casino Royale in Monterrey, a city that has seen a surge in violence this year, represented one of the deadliest attacks on an entertainment center in Mexico since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against drug cartels in late 2006.
:coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... asino.html
MONTERREY, Mexico -- Two dozen gunmen burst into a casino in northern Mexico on Thursday, doused it with a flammable liquid and started a fire that trapped gamblers inside, killing at least 32 people and injuring a dozen more, authorities said.

The fire at the Casino Royale in Monterrey, a city that has seen a surge in violence this year, represented one of the deadliest attacks on an entertainment center in Mexico since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against drug cartels in late 2006.
:coffee:

The number is now up to 53.
Two dozen gunmen burst into a casino in northern Mexico on Thursday, doused it with gasoline and started a fire that trapped gamblers inside, killing 53 people and injuring a dozen more, authorities said.

The fire at the Casino Royale in Monterrey, a city that has seen a surge in drug cartel-related violence, represented one of the deadliest attacks on an entertainment center in Mexico since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against drug cartels in late 2006.
A veritable paradise, huh analjelly? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13651
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 am
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Cap'n Cat »

You anti-memberships fvcks are all wrong. This could be a terrific thing for Mexico and America and the NCAA.

What a bunch of reactionary Minutemen dorks.

Jesus.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:You anti-memberships fvcks are all wrong. This could be a terrific thing for Mexico and America and the NCAA.

What a bunch of reactionary Minutemen dorks.

Jesus.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. It's the ideal scenario. :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 13651
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:38 am
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by Cap'n Cat »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Cap'n Cat wrote:You anti-memberships fvcks are all wrong. This could be a terrific thing for Mexico and America and the NCAA.

What a bunch of reactionary Minutemen dorks.

Jesus.

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. It's the ideal scenario. :dunce:


Hoops diplomacy. Kills less people than your Halliburton shit.


:dunce: :dunce:

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II members

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. It's the ideal scenario. :dunce:


Hoops diplomacy. Kills less people than your Halliburton shit.


:dunce: :dunce:
Irrelevant argument. But I'd expect nothing less... :kisswink:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13021
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II membership

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The NCAA's Division II voted by a wide margin Saturday to allow Mexican colleges to apply for membership, expanding its international reach beyond Canada.

The legislation takes effect immediately. Schools must meet all Division II standards, including facilities and staff, before being considered.

No Mexican schools have applied yet, and any that do would be required to complete a three-year provisional period before becoming a full member. Division I and Division III schools will not be affected.

In 2008, Division II agreed to accept Canadian schools. Simon Fraser in Vancouver, British Columbia, became the first full-time member outside the U.S. in 2012-13 and remains the only international NCAA member.

"We're very proud to be the first but being the only is lonely," Simon Fraser President Andrew Petter said, speaking in support of a measure approved a few minutes later by a vote of 253-45.

There were seven abstentions, but nobody spoke against the proposal on the final day of the NCAA's annual convention.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/sp ... -1.3767747
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 45885
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Mexican interests inquire about NCAA Division II membership

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
The NCAA's Division II voted by a wide margin Saturday to allow Mexican colleges to apply for membership, expanding its international reach beyond Canada.

The legislation takes effect immediately. Schools must meet all Division II standards, including facilities and staff, before being considered.

No Mexican schools have applied yet, and any that do would be required to complete a three-year provisional period before becoming a full member. Division I and Division III schools will not be affected.

In 2008, Division II agreed to accept Canadian schools. Simon Fraser in Vancouver, British Columbia, became the first full-time member outside the U.S. in 2012-13 and remains the only international NCAA member.

"We're very proud to be the first but being the only is lonely," Simon Fraser President Andrew Petter said, speaking in support of a measure approved a few minutes later by a vote of 253-45.

There were seven abstentions, but nobody spoke against the proposal on the final day of the NCAA's annual convention.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/sp ... -1.3767747
Southern speed!
Image
Image
Image

Post Reply