All other college sports!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Auburn vs Clemson

Post by dal4018 »

This is my pick for the D1-A Title game any and all thoughts on this possible matchup.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Auburn vs Clemson

Post by SuperHornet »

Despite what just happened last night, I still think Mark Richt might get into the mix....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Suck it, Nick Saban!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote:Despite what just happened last night, I still think Mark Richt might get into the mix....
You think the U is still championship material!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Alabama gets no love from me as well.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Despite what just happened last night, I still think Mark Richt might get into the mix....
You think the U is still championship material!!!!!
If they beat Clemson next week, then, yes.

Of course, whether Michael Irvin's alma mater wins the title or not, I STILL think the FCS Championship is the REAL D-I Championship....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote:Alabama gets no love from me as well.
Alabama opted to play nobody this year, and most of the SEC outside of Auburn and Georgia weren't very good. I have no problem leaving them out and just have whichever team wins the SEC title game as the only SEC team in the playoffs.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote:
dal4018 wrote: You think the U is still championship material!!!!!
If they beat Clemson next week, then, yes.

Of course, whether Michael Irvin's alma mater wins the title or not, I STILL think the FCS Championship is the REAL D-I Championship....
In total agreement THE FBS finally caught on to what this level and others already knew.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Alabama gets no love from me as well.
Alabama opted to play nobody this year, and most of the SEC outside of Auburn and Georgia weren't very good. I have no problem leaving them out and just have whichever team wins the SEC title game as the only SEC team in the playoffs.
Its Auburn@Georgia.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Alabama will be in the playoff. They actually are in good shape with one loss and not having to play in the SEC title game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:Alabama will be in the playoff. They actually are in good shape with one loss and not having to play in the SEC title game.
Wisconsin or Oklahoma has to lose for 'Bama to get in. Certainly possible that either of them could lose. SEC champ gets in, ACC champ gets in, and then Wisconsin and Oklahoma get in if they win. 'Bama has to root for Ohio St (best chance) or TCU (not so great of a chance).
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Alabama will be in the playoff. They actually are in good shape with one loss and not having to play in the SEC title game.
Wisconsin or Oklahoma has to lose for 'Bama to get in. Certainly possible that either of them could lose. SEC champ gets in, ACC champ gets in, and then Wisconsin and Oklahoma get in if they win. 'Bama has to root for Ohio St (best chance) or TCU (not so great of a chance).
Yeah, Bama needs help, not sure what JSO is thinking.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Yeah, Bama needs help, not sure what JSO is thinking.
Heck, if Ohio St knocks the stuffing out of Wisconsin (say they win by 30+) then you could see a two loss, conference champion Ohio St, get in before sitting at home this weekend Alabama. 'Bama's best win was Mississippi St - that schedule was just full of patsies this year.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I said a few years ago that the FBS playoff would eventually expand to at least 16 teams, and this year's situation is what will hasten that

(Alabama possibly getting left out with one loss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:I said a few years ago that the FBS playoff would eventually expand to at least 16 teams, and this year's situation is what will hasten that

(Alabama possibly getting left out with one loss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might and it might not. Still a problem about when to play those extra two weeks of the playoffs. I don't see it ever going to 16 because once it does that then it all but guarantees that a non P5 school, at least one if not more, would get in each year and it would break the monopoly the P5's have on championships at the FBS level. In addition, people are already not liking the idea of a two loss team getting into the playoffs (could still happen this year) - you go to 16 teams you're going to end up getting a three loss Notre Dame in there almost every year and a ton of other three loss teams (do we really need a three loss Michigan St team in a playoff for instance?). Maybe they go to 8 teams, but really, I see them sticking with 4 teams and telling Alabama to actually schedule better teams next time. You play Mercer in the heart of November when everyone is looking at strength of schedules and it's going to be a problem.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yeah, Bama needs help, not sure what JSO is thinking.
Heck, if Ohio St knocks the stuffing out of Wisconsin (say they win by 30+) then you could see a two loss, conference champion Ohio St, get in before sitting at home this weekend Alabama. 'Bama's best win was Mississippi St - that schedule was just full of patsies this year.
Has any two loss team made the Final 4???
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dal4018 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Has any two loss team made the Final 4???
It's only been three years so there's not much precedent to not have one. But in reality, we may not this year. If Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Clemson and Georgia win, there will be no 2 loss teams in. I don't recall the circumstance of the previous three years, but I don't recall a year when the top two teams lost in the last week of the regular season. So this could be an oddball year.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If Georgia wins, the campaigning of Bama and OSU fans will be lovely to watch.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:If Georgia wins, the campaigning of Bama and OSU fans will be lovely to watch.
Nah, Georgia just replaces Auburn. Georgia would just jump those teams into the top 4. The kicker is if Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose. That will result in one of the top 4 needing to be replaced. OSU almost needs Oklahoma to win (make that earlier loss look better) and then OSU needs to blow the doors off of Wisconsin.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:If Georgia wins, the campaigning of Bama and OSU fans will be lovely to watch.
Nah, Georgia just replaces Auburn. Georgia would just jump those teams into the top 4. The kicker is if Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose. That will result in one of the top 4 needing to be replaced. OSU almost needs Oklahoma to win (make that earlier loss look better) and then OSU needs to blow the doors off of Wisconsin.
Alabama will be rooting for Ohio St.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

So is the committee really going to let the Big 10 get embarrassed by yet another southeast team again?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.