Did you guys see the D-II Champs' QB story?

All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Did you guys see the D-II Champs' QB story?

Post by JohnStOnge »

It's an interesting one. He didn't play high school varsity football. He played JV but they put him at receiver. He dropped the sport after his sophomore year. Then he just decided at the end of high school to go try to play football again:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily- ... er-planet/
But Perez remembers attending the last home game his high school football squad ever played and thinking, “Why am I up here in the stands? Why am I not out there on the field?”

“It was the last game and I see all my [former] teammates running out of the tunnel and jumping around on the sidelines,” he says. “Just having fun. You can’t describe that moment, but for me it was the turning moment, where I just said, ‘You know what? I’m gonna pursue football. I don’t care what’s gonna happen, but I am all in, 100 percent.’ And I did.”
Then he goes on to win the award for being the best player in D-II football and quarterback a team that wins the D-II national championship.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Did you guys see the D-II Champs' QB story?

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:It's an interesting one. He didn't play high school varsity football. He played JV but they put him at receiver. He dropped the sport after his sophomore year. Then he just decided at the end of high school to go try to play football again:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily- ... er-planet/
But Perez remembers attending the last home game his high school football squad ever played and thinking, “Why am I up here in the stands? Why am I not out there on the field?”

“It was the last game and I see all my [former] teammates running out of the tunnel and jumping around on the sidelines,” he says. “Just having fun. You can’t describe that moment, but for me it was the turning moment, where I just said, ‘You know what? I’m gonna pursue football. I don’t care what’s gonna happen, but I am all in, 100 percent.’ And I did.”
Then he goes on to win the award for being the best player in D-II football and quarterback a team that wins the D-II national championship.
Wonder if the NFL scouts know him!!!!