All other college sports!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Sun Belt 2018 Thread

Post by Baldy »

AshevilleApp wrote:App became Bowl eligible yesterday. :thumb:

Big game in Statesboro this coming Saturday.
I hope we're finished licking our wounds by then. :oops:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Big game in Boone next weekend against Troy. Winner hosts the conference championship game.

Also, suck it Charlie Cobb.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

AshevilleApp wrote:Big game in Boone next weekend against Troy. Winner hosts the conference championship game.

Go Troy. :mrgreen:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Baldy wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:Big game in Boone next weekend against Troy. Winner hosts the conference championship game.

Go Troy. :mrgreen:
:lol:

Good luck in the Georgia G5 Championship game on Saturday! It's the only championship you have a shot at this year. ;)
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Two more games for the Mountaineers. Looks like Louisiana Lafayette will come to Boone next Saturday.

Congrats to GSU on beating GSU Light. :nod:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

I think I pulled a hammie, but I'll be ready for next week. 8-)

Got my tickets this AM. We beat them by 10 last time, but we're probably playing better now.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

ASUG8 wrote:I think I pulled a hammie, but I'll be ready for next week. 8-)

Got my tickets this AM. We beat them by 10 last time, but we're probably playing better now.
So are they. How much are tickets?
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Already saw an article today potentially tying Satterfield to the Tar Hole job, now that Fedora got canned. Please God no, I'd hate to pull against Scott. :evil:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

AshevilleApp wrote:Two more games for the Mountaineers. Looks like Louisiana Lafayette will come to Boone next Saturday.

Nice job against the Trojans. I hope Satt goes out a winner. :thumb:

:mrgreen:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Baldy wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:Two more games for the Mountaineers. Looks like Louisiana Lafayette will come to Boone next Saturday.

Nice job against the Trojans. I hope Satt goes out a winner. :thumb:

:mrgreen:
:lol: Mostly you hope Satt goes out. ;)

I hope it doesn't happen. But he grew up in that area (went to Orange County High School), they are a P5 Conference school, etc.

I'll focus on, and hopefully enjoy, the next two games.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

AshevilleApp wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:I think I pulled a hammie, but I'll be ready for next week. 8-)

So are they. How much are tickets?
$35 plus "convenience" fee :twisted:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

So G8 and AA, who is on Apps short list?

It's your turn to take a ride on the coaching carousel. :D
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Baldy wrote:So G8 and AA, who is on Apps short list?

I know, dammit. :evil:
I'm hearing he's the next target after Brohm's refusal at Louisville. Satt seems like a small town guy, but if UL throws a few mil at him he'll have to go if he wants to progress. UL isn't exactly Alabama, but it's a sizable program and I think he would do well there.

I understand Paul Johnson is now available. GT took our defensive coordinator, seems fair to take their (newly retired) coach. 8-)
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

ASUG8 wrote:

I'm hearing he's the next target after Brohm's refusal at Louisville. Satt seems like a small town guy, but if UL throws a few mil at him he'll have to go if he wants to progress. UL isn't exactly Alabama, but it's a sizable program and I think he would do well there.

I understand Paul Johnson is now available. GT took our defensive coordinator, seems fair to take their (newly retired) coach. 8-)
I wonder if your QB can run the Flex??? 8-)
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Baldy wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:

I wonder if your QB can run the Flex??? 8-)
He can run, I know that. Flex, maybe.....
I read some speculation that JMU's Houston initially accepted the UNCC position but then backed off to more of a "considering the offer" position. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with his interest possibly with App if Satterfield bolts, but I'd much rather walk into the situation in Boone as a HC even with the lofty expectations than the dumpster fire in Charlotte.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

So Baldy and Pwns, are you guys going to be able to bring yourselves to pull for your new BFF's in Boone Saturday? :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

ASUG8 wrote:
Baldy wrote: I wonder if your QB can run the Flex??? 8-)
I read some speculation that JMU's Houston initially accepted the UNCC position but then backed off to more of a "considering the offer" position. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with his interest possibly with App if Satterfield bolts, but I'd much rather walk into the situation in Boone as a HC even with the lofty expectations than the dumpster fire in Charlotte.
I do love silly season when we're not involved.

Now ECU is looking for a coach, and from what I've read they really want Houston. Does App want to get into a bidding war with an AAC school for a coach? Can they afford to??????
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

ASUG8 wrote:So Baldy and Pwns, are you guys going to be able to bring yourselves to pull for your new BFF's in Boone Saturday? :lol:
There are only two times that I root for you Goathumpers...when you play Gangsta U Commuter school, and those turds from Lafayette.

F those coonasses.

Oh and BTW, Lunsford got robbed... :evil:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Baldy wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:So Baldy and Pwns, are you guys going to be able to bring yourselves to pull for your new BFF's in Boone Saturday? :lol:
There are only two times that I root for you Goathumpers...when you play Gangsta U Commuter school, and those turds from Lafayette.

F those coonasses.

:kisswink:
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Baldy wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:
I do love silly season when we're not involved.

Now ECU is looking for a coach, and from what I've read they really want Houston. Does App want to get into a bidding war with an AAC school for a coach? Can they afford to??????
I don't think we can afford it - as I understand it Satterfield only makes a little over $700K which is bargain basement even for the SB. Unless ECU was capable of throwing a huge amount of money at him I doubt he'd take it - it's really a lateral move to EZU and you have to live in Greenville NC.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Baldy wrote:

F those coonasses.

La-La fans are the absolute worst about thinking they're too good for the Sun Belt, and they're particularly salty towards us for some reason I can't figure out. Maybe it's that we've beat them like a drum in their sport (baseball)?

I would've preferred Troy as the east rep, but I'll pull for App for the FCS move-up solidarity. :ohno:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

First news of this for me. Better Louisville than the Tar Holes, at least I won't actively pull against Satterfield. Two games to enjoy this season still, the rest will take care of itself. App will be fine.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

ASUG8 wrote:
Baldy wrote: I do love silly season when we're not involved.

I don't think we can afford it - as I understand it Satterfield only makes a little over $700K which is bargain basement even for the SB. Unless ECU was capable of throwing a huge amount of money at him I doubt he'd take it - it's really a lateral move to EZU and you have to live in Greenville NC.
I'm sure I wasn't clear.

I was talking about Houston possibly going to ECU. Say Satt is gone, does App have the funds to get into a bidding war with EZU over Houston?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

ASUG8 wrote:
Baldy wrote: I do love silly season when we're not involved.

No you don't

You can live in New Bern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Baldy wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:
I'm sure I wasn't clear.

I was talking about Houston possibly going to ECU. Say Satt is gone, does App have the funds to get into a bidding war with EZU over Houston?
My bad.
I still doubt it.