All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

LSU vs. Central Florida

Post by JohnStOnge »

I wish we could've seen both teams play full strength. UCF played without their ace starting quarterback. LSU started the game with 8 defensive starters out and lost another two defensive players to targeting during the game.

Still, though, I think one could see from that game that if UCF had to play a SEC schedule with the players it has the Knights would've been a middle of the pack team at best. They just don't have the horses on the line of scrimmage. The game wasn't really as close as the final score. LSU had 32 first downs to UCF's 17 and 555 total yards to UCF's 250. Both teams made mistakes but LSU shot itself in the foot a lot more than UCF did.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: LSU vs. Central Florida

Post by css75 »

Yeah, LSU should have won by 20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Both could have beat Notre Dame
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Both could have beat Notre Dame
Didn't Notre Dame just beat LSU in a bowl game as recently as last year? Short memories.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Still, though, I think one could see from that game that if UCF had to play a SEC schedule with the players it has the Knights would've been a middle of the pack team at best. .
Huh? First of all, with an SEC schedule, UCF would have the benefit of 4, non-competitive, OOC, home games. So that's 4-0 right there. And other than 'Bama, nobody else in the SEC was invincible. There's a real big drop-off after the tops of the conference. Not a lot of quality in the underneath part of that conference. UCF's record would probably depend on who they miss in conference.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Or Georgia
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Didn't Notre Dame just beat LSU in a bowl game as recently as last year? Short memories.
Last years LSU team that lost to Troy St? 2 different teams.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Now you're just dodging. Last year's LSU team was 6-2 in the SEC and actually scored against Alabama (on the road no less), this year's LSU team was 5-3 in the SEC and got shut out at home against Alabama (in Death Valley). How you going to twist that one? :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Now you're just dodging. Last year's LSU team was 6-2 in the SEC and actually scored against Alabama (on the road no less), this year's LSU team was 5-3 in the SEC and got shut out at home against Alabama (in Death Valley). How you going to twist that one? :coffee:
Not twisting anything, I think they could beat Notre Dame.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Well, certainly not going to find out anytime soon. All we have to go on is the result from 366 days (or so) ago when Notre Dame beat and LSU team that fared better in the SEC than this year's version. Oh, and people were saying LSU was going to beat Notre Dame before that game too.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Well, certainly not going to find out anytime soon. All we have to go on is the result from 366 days (or so) ago when Notre Dame beat and LSU team that fared better in the SEC than this year's version. Oh, and people were saying LSU was going to beat Notre Dame before that game too.
I follow college football like most people follow the NFL. Have a keeper fantasy team, since 2003, and have watched a lot of college football over the years. Doesn't make me an expert, but it gives me a sense of who I think is better. From watching the 2 teams this year, I would pick LSU over Notre Dame. Notre Dame is over-rated each and every year. This year LSU had a dual threat QB this year and a better receiving crew, and 3 players that could run the ball. Wimbush gave Notre Dame that extra dimension last year, thought Wimbush last year, was a better dual-threat QB than Book this year.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:Have a keeper fantasy team, since 2003, and have watched a lot of college football over the years. Doesn't make me an expert..
Especially in I-AA.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Have a keeper fantasy team, since 2003, and have watched a lot of college football over the years. Doesn't make me an expert..
Especially in I-AA.
FYI, they did change the name to FCS. :D
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I follow college football like most people follow the NFL. Have a keeper fantasy team, since 2003, and have watched a lot of college football over the years. Doesn't make me an expert, but it gives me a sense of who I think is better. From watching the 2 teams this year, I would pick LSU over Notre Dame. Notre Dame is over-rated each and every year. This year LSU had a dual threat QB this year and a better receiving crew, and 3 players that could run the ball. Wimbush gave Notre Dame that extra dimension last year, thought Wimbush last year, was a better dual-threat QB than Book this year.
And of course, Book being the QB in that Notre Dame win over LSU in the bowl last year added a dimension that Notre Dame didn't have up to that point with Wimbush.