Total votes: 20

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: FBS Championship: Alabama v Clemson

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:But according to some of my friends and family, Clemson is the ACC and 2 ACC teams in the Top 25 means they are a better conference...
There are folks around here that loved to claim that when the CAA used to have 6 teams in the top 20 but AppSt was winning the NC every year.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

By the way, Alabama has now, in the last 30 years, played in the Pacific Time Zone a paltry 5 times, and is now 2-3 in those games, including going 1-1 against Hawaii in that time. I don't think Alabama likes plane trips, hence why they avoid real trips like that like the plague.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:By the way, Alabama has now, in the last 30 years, played in the Pacific Time Zone a paltry 5 times, and is now 2-3 in those games, including going 1-1 against Hawaii in that time. I don't think Alabama likes plane trips, hence why they avoid real trips like that like the plague.
Do you know how much hog milk and how many night-crawlers you gotta sell to afford a plane ticket from Alabama to California?! :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:By the way, Alabama has now, in the last 30 years, played in the Pacific Time Zone a paltry 5 times, and is now 2-3 in those games, including going 1-1 against Hawaii in that time. I don't think Alabama likes plane trips, hence why they avoid real trips like that like the plague.
Do you know how much hog milk and how many night-crawlers you gotta sell to afford a plane ticket from Alabama to California?! :ohno:
To be honest, I didn't even realize Alabama had airports. That's why I put in the idea that there are actual roads that connect Alabama to the rest of the country. I know this because I saw Forrest Gump start running and he went all the way from Alabama to the Pacific coast. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Do you know how much hog milk and how many night-crawlers you gotta sell to afford a plane ticket from Alabama to California?! :ohno:
To be honest, I didn't even realize Alabama had airports. That's why I put in the idea that there are actual roads that connect Alabama to the rest of the country. I know this because I saw Forrest Gump start running and he went all the way from Alabama to the Pacific coast. :thumb:
Who is better:

Image or

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I just drove thru Alabama a week or so ago. Rained the entire drive. Talked to a co-worker out of Atlanta this morning, she said it's still wet, everyone is crying in Alabama.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I enjoyed the hell out of that.
It was almost as enjoyable as watching Hillary Clinton lose!
Actually for me it was a close second to watching Nebraska stomp Florida in the 1995/1996 de facto national championship game. It wasn't quite as good because in this case Alabama didn't really get physically dominated. In fact I wonder how they'd have done if they'd focused more on running the ball since Clemson couldn't stop their running game at all. They just didn't make the plays at key times while Clemson did. When Nebraska stomped Florida in 1996 it was a "no doubt" thing and watching Spurrier on the sideline was just wonderful. It was like a "men against boys" thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Clemson will probably go for another next year too
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Clemson will probably go for another next year too
Yup. Heck, they probably should've beaten Alabama in the first matchup too, they let that one get away from them. The only game in this stretch where Alabama was clearly the better team was last year when they met in the semis. I'm not a big fan of Saban as a football coach - he's almost unrivaled when it comes to piloting a football program, especially the recruiting side of it. But he starts to stumble when he runs into teams of equal or more talent, and right now Clemson looks more talented from an overall perspective.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
It was almost as enjoyable as watching Hillary Clinton lose!
Actually for me it was a close second to watching Nebraska stomp Florida in the 1995/1996 de facto national championship game. It wasn't quite as good because in this case Alabama didn't really get physically dominated. In fact I wonder how they'd have done if they'd focused more on running the ball since Clemson couldn't stop their running game at all. They just didn't make the plays at key times while Clemson did. When Nebraska stomped Florida in 1996 it was a "no doubt" thing and watching Spurrier on the sideline was just wonderful. It was like a "men against boys" thing.
You complete me, John
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Clemson laid the smackdown on Bama!!!!!!!!!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dal4018 wrote:Clemson laid the smackdown on Bama!!!!!!!!!
In what?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
In what?
Cornhole Championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
You complete me, John
I can remember listening prior to the game to Baton Rouge Sports talk radio with callers talking about how Nebraska couldn't score with Florida. Nebraska rushed for 524 yards. Florida ended up with -28 rushing yards. That pretty much tells you the level of domination. In total yards it was 629 to 269. The only reason Florida got 24 points is that Nebraska cleared the bench. And even with bench clearing and 62 points Nebraska ended the game with the backup quarterback taking a knee at the Florida 1 yard line. Or maybe it was the 2. The point is if they'd wanted to they could've scored again.

It was a beautiful thing to watch. But Danny Wuerffel did get the game's Sportsmanship Award.

phpBB [video]
Could I ever be a star?

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Who is better:

Image or

My vote....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote:
In what?
The CHAMPIONSHIP Game that was a NFL audition for TREVOR LAWRENCE in 2 yrs he will be the starting QB for the NY GIANTS.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote:
89Hen wrote: In what?
The CHAMPIONSHIP Game that was a NFL audition for TREVOR LAWRENCE in 2 yrs he will be the starting QB for the NY GIANTS.
You mean that surfer dude?

He ain't going to do any better than that DL masquerading as a QB for Kentucky who was with the Giants for awhile. I think I heard about him playing in some low-level arena league somewhere a couple of years ago....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

This game was a NFL AUDITION for TREVOR LAWRENCE!!!!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

dal4018 wrote:This game was a NFL AUDITION for TREVOR LAWRENCE!!!!
I agree. I was pulling for Clemson. Frankly, I think Alabama was better at the line of scrimmage. I was extremely frustrated that Clemson is supposed to have a bunch of NFL guys on the defensive front and Alabama was able to run the ball at will. Also, Clemson was not able to run the ball consistently. They ended up with pretty many yards but it was because Etienne was able to pop a few relatively big ones. They were not able to establish a consistent running game like Alabama was able to.

But Lawrence was something else. As we were watching the game, as he made plays, I looked at my wife and pumped my fist while saying "NFL QUARTERBACK." People say Alabama didn't get a good pass rush but I think they did. It's just that Lawrence was able to get the ball off to the right place, most of the time accurately, to a good spot.

They've also got a great young receiver in Justin Ross. The video below shows both things. Note that Lawrence is under pressure when he delivers the ball then Ross makes a great catch:

phpBB [video]
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
But Trump was something else. As we were watching the SOTU, as he made epic quotes, I looked at my wife and pumped my fist while saying "MY POTUS." People say the Donks didn't get a good response and I think they didn’t. It's just that Drumpf was able to get his achievements off to the right audience, most of the time accurately, with a good result.
FIFY
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Dabo gets new contract 10 year/$93 million. 9.3 million a year slightly less than Saban’s $9.44 million a year (7 year/$66 million).
https://www.thestate.com/sports/college ... 14494.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Dabo gets new contract 10 year/$93 million. 9.3 million a year slightly less than Saban’s $9.44 million a year (7 year/$66 million).
VERY interesting

And good for Dabo....

Conventional wisdom is that when Saban retires, Dabo goes to Alabama. Now when it happens maybe we can have a discussion about how money has ruined college football

But football is the front porch dontchaknow... it aint about the money

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Dabo gets new contract 10 year/$93 million. 9.3 million a year slightly less than Saban’s $9.44 million a year (7 year/$66 million).
VERY interesting

And good for Dabo....

Conventional wisdom is that when Saban retires, Dabo goes to Alabama. Now when it happens maybe we can have a discussion about how money has ruined college football

Why would he need to leave Clemson? He's already had better teams than 'Bama for the past few years so he's clearly able to recruit on an even plane with 'Bama, and he's getting the same amount of money. What about the move is a step up for Dabo?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: FBS Championship: Alabama v Clemson

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
VERY interesting

And good for Dabo....

Why would he need to leave Clemson? He's already had better teams than 'Bama for the past few years so he's clearly able to recruit on an even plane with 'Bama, and he's getting the same amount of money. What about the move is a step up for Dabo?
Alma matter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: RE: Re: FBS Championship: Alabama v Clemson

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Alma matter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
*mater

:coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12