All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Oklahoma vs. LSU

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well...so far it's "gee it's nice when the team you're pulling for has a great quarterback." Hopefully things will continue as they've been going.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Oklahoma vs. LSU

Post by BDKJMU »

This game is a JOKE. LSU is DESTROYING no defense Oklahoma from the no defense Big 12 49-14 with 495 yds of offense AT THE HALF. :shock: All the LSU TDs offensive. LSU could literally put up 98 and 1,000 yards if they wanted to. Oklahoma being in the final 4 is a joke. Heck, a Bama/LSU rematch would have been far better than this clown show.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:This game is a JOKE. LSU is DESTROYING no defense Oklahoma from the no defense Big 12 49-14 with 495 yds of offense AT THE HALF. :shock: All the LSU TDs offensive. LSU could literally put up 98 and 1,000 yards if they wanted 2. Oklahoma being in the final 4 is a joke. Heck, a Bama/LSU rematch would have been far better than this clown show.
All I can say as someone who does pull for LSU is "Thank you Ohio." That guy is good. Yes LSU's offense is really rolling but that quarterback is just insane. Put the kind of quarterback LSU has usually had in there and it's a totally different game.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Oklahoma would have finished about 4th in the SEC West
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Burrough has got 403 yds passing/7 TDS passes in the 1st half.

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

If OSU beats Clemson tonight (which likely won't happen), I hope Burrow destroys them in the Championship game. And I like the Big 10.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Congratulations, LSU: 2019 FBS Champions
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." - Beta O'Rourke

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Spoiler alert...it's going to be another all-southeastern final after Clemson boat races Ohio State. :nod:
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Pwns wrote:Spoiler alert...it's going to be another all-southeastern final after Clemson boat races Ohio State. :nod:
Your boat race predictions haven't gone so well this year. Just saying. :coffee:

Still, fuck Ohio State. I hope you're right.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote:Spoiler alert...it's going to be another all-southeastern final after Clemson boat races Ohio State. :nod:
Except Clemson is from the ACC, not the SEC. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

AZGrizFan wrote:
I think technically South Carolina is part of the southeast. :coffee:

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Notice how he didn't say SEC
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

South Carolina (/ˌkærəˈlaɪnə/ is a state in the Southeastern United States and the easternmost of the Deep South. It is bordered to the north by North Carolina, to the southeast by the Atlantic Ocean, and to the southwest by Georgia across the Savannah River.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

This has to be Burrow's last series. He blows up a knee in the 4th Q up by five or six TDs and Orgeron should be the first 14-0 coach to be fired mid-season.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Notice how he didn't say SEC
Notice how I did? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AshevilleApp wrote:If OSU beats Clemson tonight (which likely won't happen), I hope Burrow destroys them in the Championship game. And I like the Big 10.
LSU is just sick on O. Either OSU or Clempson will be a dog in the NC.
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:Well...so far it's "gee it's nice when the team you're pulling for has a great quarterback." Hopefully things will continue as they've been going.
Burrow went to grade school in Fargo, when his dad was a NDSU asst. coach.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Re: RE: Re: Oklahoma vs. LSU

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Well...so far it's "gee it's nice when the team you're pulling for has a great quarterback." Hopefully things will continue as they've been going.
Burrow went to grade school in Fargo, when his dad was serving his time in purgatory as an NDSU asst. coach.
FYP ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Your prediction worked out but Clemson was lucky as hell. Ohio State was clearly the better team and all kinds of weird things happened to get Clemson over the top. Not a lock by any means for LSU but LSU caught a break as Ohio State clearly would've been a tougher task.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Your prediction worked out but Clemson was lucky as hell. Ohio State was clearly the better team and all kinds of weird things happened to get Clemson over the top. Not a lock by any means for LSU but LSU caught a break as Ohio State clearly would've been a tougher task.
Then why couldn't Ohio St stop Clemsons last drive, if they were so much better.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote:
I wouldn't say it worked out, but I would disagree that Ohio State was the better team. Clemson looked like they had a problem with the tempo of Ohio State's offense early but after Ohio State hit them early in the game Clemson out-scored them 29-7.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:If OSU beats Clemson tonight (which likely won't happen), I hope Burrow destroys them in the Championship game. And I like the Big 10.
LSU is just sick on O. Either OSU or Clempson will be a dog in the NC.
LSU's defense needs to be more consistent. It looks great at times but then has extended lapses. Great offense is no guarantee. In 2015 Oregon beat Florida State 59 - 20 in the semifinal. Also the Ducks went into the championship game averaging 48 points per game. Ohio State thumped them 42-20 in the championship game.

I don't think Clemson has the talent that Ohio State team had. 17 Buckeyes were taken during the two NFL drafts following Ohio State's national title and I doubt if we see that kind of production over the next two NFL drafts from Clemson. To put the talent gap into perspective, the Oregon team Ohio State played had 7 players taken in the next two NFL drafts. So Ohio State likely had a substantial overall talent edge over Oregon and Clemson probably does not have that over LSU. But, still, it's a cautionary tale.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Pwns wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I wouldn't say it worked out, but I would disagree that Ohio State was the better team. Clemson looked like they had a problem with the tempo of Ohio State's offense early but after Ohio State hit them early in the game Clemson out-scored them 29-7.
Ohio State out gained Clemson during both halves. Doesn't really matter. I'm just telling you as someone who is pulling for the team that's going to play on the other side of the bracket that I think LSU's chances got better with Clemson winning that game. Ohio State looked better. More physcal. Stronger on both lines of scrimmage. So on and so forth. Clemson caught some breaks. Won the turnover battle. Got penalized less for fewer yards with one Ohio State penalty in particular being absolutely huge by virtue of picking Clemson up off the mat while costing Ohio State a starting cornerback at the same time.
Could I ever be a star?

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Pwns wrote:
Ohio State out gained Clemson during both halves. Doesn't really matter. I'm just telling you as someone who is pulling for the team that's going to play on the other side of the bracket that I think LSU's chances got better with Clemson winning that game. Ohio State looked better. More physcal. Stronger on both lines of scrimmage. So on and so forth. Clemson caught some breaks. Won the turnover battle. Got penalized less for fewer yards with one Ohio State penalty in particular being absolutely huge by virtue of picking Clemson up off the mat while costing Ohio State a starting cornerback at the same time.
Ohio State out-gained them, but in yards per play (which is what a lot of the modern analytics use more than total yards) Clemson had 6.7 yards, Ohio State had 6.1.

Either way, I'll give Ohio State the edge as far as pass rush and offensive coaching, but Clemson has (IMO) the best DC in the game and a great QB-RB tandem that's one of the best I've ever seen at the college level.

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Tigers will win.