All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

CFP championship game

Post by JohnStOnge »

Halftime. I am not sophisticated enough to know the details. But the overall picture to me at this point is it looks like Clemson came out in a gimmick defense that confused LSU at first. But it looks like LSU figured it out.

Should be a great second half. And if it's not I hope LSU blows Clemson out.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

CFP championship game

Post by Ibanez »

You aren’t sophisticated enough to read a score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: CFP championship game

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:You aren’t sophisticated enough to read a score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I'm not sophisticated enough to see the details of the adjustments going on. At the beginning the guys calling the game said Clemson was playing a 3-1-7 defense. I've never even heard of that but LSU was clearly thrown off. But after a while I could see that whatever they did to adjust was working. And they ended up with 628 yards of offense.

Clemson got all the breaks against Ohio State but the worm turned this time. Getting a really important guy tossed out for targeting and also that offensive interference call that could've gone either way that took a TD off the board for them. I personally think it was indeed offensive interference in that the receiver did grab and pull the defender first before the defender grabbed in response. But that could've gone either way.

Also Lawrence was off. That was weird. He just wasn't having his best game in terms of accuracy. Under 50% throwing the football (18 of 37). That's what I think is going to be a future 1st round draft choice and possibly a #1 overall pick. He had a bad night.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Entertaining game early on but LSU adjusted and rolled on. Clemson losing their LB to a targeting call really helped swing the tide as well.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I am an LSU fan and I'm hearing most dominant team of the modern era stuff. But no. The 1995 - 1996 Nebraska team won by an average score of 53 - 15. None of their games were ever in doubt. Their smallest margin of victory was by 14 points. They beat four teams that FINISHED in the top 10 in both major polls at the time and the smallest margin of victory for those four games was 24 points. They played a Florida team that dominated the SEC in the de facto national championship game and beat them by 62-24. Florida's lowest margin of victory in a previously undefeated season was 11 points.

LSU had a 7 point win against Texas, a 3 point win against Auburn, a 5 point win against Alabama. They outscored their opponents by an average of 48 - 22.

No. Great season by LSU. But it was not the most dominant team of the modern era unless the modern era started in 1996-1997. The 1995 - 1996 Nebraska team was never even challenged. All of their games were essentially over by halftime. The Florida team the blew out had been nearly equally as dominant to that point. 2020 Clemson barely beat North Carolina.

Nope. Great season. But not the most impressive performance of the modern era.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Coach O for President! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote:Entertaining game early on but LSU adjusted and rolled on. Clemson losing their LB to a targeting call really helped swing the tide as well.
That and we saw Clemson's achilles heel - pass defense.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Entertaining game early on but LSU adjusted and rolled on. Clemson losing their LB to a targeting call really helped swing the tide as well.
That and we saw Clemson's achilles heel - pass defense.
LSU's receivers are UNREAL. Catch literally everything Burrow throws up. Amazing, really. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That and we saw Clemson's achilles heel - pass defense.
LSU's receivers are UNREAL. Catch literally everything Burrow throws up. Amazing, really. :nod: :nod:
Eagles better draft one of them.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That and we saw Clemson's achilles heel - pass defense.
At least the top receivers except Moss (Chase, Jefferson, Marshall) are from Louisiana. So is the mighty mite back (Edwards-Helaire). It'd be nice if the great QB was too. Oh well. Both starting corners are Louisiana guys too and I think they did a good job last night.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
At least the top receivers except Moss (Chase, Jefferson, Marshall) are from Louisiana. So is the mighty mite back (Edwards-Helaire). It'd be nice if the great QB was too. Oh well. Both starting corners are Louisiana guys too and I think they did a good job last night.
So is Travis Etienne.

Congrats on the win for the Bayou Bengals John!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
They were amazing. Clemson's RB from LA was amazing as well.....those LA fellas sure know how to play them some football! :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I didn't watch this waste of a game, though I DID see that it was on as I was starting my physical therapy session yesterday. Clemson was up 7-0 as I left the recumbent bike in front of the TV to do the rest of my session. I guess it was on ESPN or something because it wasn't on any channel I have when I got home.

Besides, I stand by my argument that the REAL Division I Champion is North Dakota State. At least until NEXT year when it will be Sacramento State....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
They were amazing. Clemson's RB from LA was amazing as well.....those LA fellas sure know how to play them some football! :nod: :nod:
LSU has been consistently just absolutely loaded with talent each year for about the past 20 years. But they hardly ever had a quarterback. This year they had a quarterback.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
LSU has been consistently just absolutely loaded with talent each year for about the past 20 years. But they hardly ever had a quarterback. This year they had a quarterback.
And they also had DONALD J. TRUMP! :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote:I didn't watch this waste of a game, though I DID see that it was on as I was starting my physical therapy session yesterday. Clemson was up 7-0 as I left the recumbent bike in front of the TV to do the rest of my session. I guess it was on ESPN or something because it wasn't on any channel I have when I got home.

Besides, I stand by my argument that the REAL Division I Champion is North Dakota State. At least until NEXT year when it will be Sacramento State....
Sure. I'm sure NDSU could cover the 21 point spread they would have as the underdog in that matchup against LSU. Er, maybe they cover on the backend.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:Besides, I stand by my argument that the REAL Division I Champion is North Dakota State. At least until NEXT year when it will be Sacramento State....
I asked you earlier, why is the FBS version not real?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I've done a several fitness bootcamps with Randy Moss since i've moved to Charlotte. He's had Thad and one of the daughters out there many times. Both Randy and Thad always come across as hardworking, down to earth people. Even in a large group, the guy is so freaking approachable and humble.

https://www.staxcharlotte.com/bootcamp
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:Both Randy and Thad always come across as hardworking, down to earth people. Even in a large group, the guy is so freaking approachable and humble.
Randy is a bumpkin, so I would expect no less. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Both Randy and Thad always come across as hardworking, down to earth people. Even in a large group, the guy is so freaking approachable and humble.
Randy is a bumpkin, so I would expect no less. :thumb:
With some decent weed.

Or so I hear. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:
89Hen wrote: Randy is a bumpkin, so I would expect no less. :thumb:
With some decent weed.

Stay off the weeee-duh! :bad:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote: With some decent weed.

Stay off the weeee-duh! :bad:
And if you can't, don't tell 89 about it or he'll give you a lecture. :D
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Stay off the weeee-duh! :bad:
That's unfair. Have you heard me chastise anyone for weed? :geek:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
That's unfair. Have you heard me chastise anyone for weed? :geek:
My apologies Senator Sessions, you haven't. I confused your lectures on why weed shouldn't be legalized.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Besides, I stand by my argument that the REAL Division I Champion is North Dakota State. At least until NEXT year when it will be Sacramento State....
I asked you earlier, why is the FBS version not real?
Sorry. I've been offline for awhile.

The FBS "championship" isn't legit (IMO, of course) because it isn't a true playoff, which consists of auto-bids for each conference that CHOOSES to participate (i.e. no defining people out) and at-large bids, to a total of AT LEAST 16 teams. I'm not a fan of defining people out, and thereby defining out the potential upset. IMO, the P5/ND are running scared....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.