All other college sports!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Sun Belt 2021 Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:06 am
I have no mullet to share, sorry bud. If they match or better their 2020 season, i'll grow one. I like the media we're getting. We got a lot of attention last year and I think this year will be equally impressive for us. Our old coach, Moglia made a "generous" gift, whatever that means, but it's in the millions.
The university announced earlier this week that Moglia, a former chairman and CEO of TD Ameritrade who still serves as the school's chair of athletics and executive director of football, made a generous gift to start the design of an indoor practice facility, which will include football operations, a weight room, coaches offices, recruiting area, academic enhancement center and a dining hall. The athletic department has to complete fundraising to build the football facility.

ESPN has a similar article.
Last October, after Coastal Carolina stunned Louisiana 30-27 on the road, a few players asked coach Jamey Chadwell if he would grow a mullet if they won the Sun Belt Conference championship.

Since the Chanticleers had been picked by the media to finish last in the Sun Belt East in the preseason, Chadwell figured he had nothing to lose by saying yes.

"I told them, 'Oh yeah, I'll do it,'" Chadwell said. "Of course, I had no idea we'd win the championship."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... re-mullets
It's a really cool story. Enjoy it!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Heartbreaker again tonight vs. Miami. We practically gave them the win. I'm tired of being bridesmaids to Penn St., Tennessee, Wake, Miami, etc. and losing by 2 or 3 when we control the game. A bad long snap leading to a safety maybe defined where things ended up. I think the boys will take it out on Elon next week. If Miami is a legit top 25, then so are we.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

ASUG8 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 pm Heartbreaker again tonight vs. Miami. We practically gave them the win. I'm tired of being bridesmaids to Penn St., Tennessee, Wake, Miami, etc. and losing by 2 or 3 when we control the game. A bad long snap leading to a safety maybe defined where things ended up. I think the boys will take it out on Elon next week. If Miami is a legit top 25, then so are we.
Yeah, it was a tough loss. I think we can compete with everyone on the remaining schedule. We need to beat Marshall. I really wish that game was on a Saturday.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

ASUG8 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 pm Heartbreaker again tonight vs. Miami. We practically gave them the win. I'm tired of being bridesmaids to Penn St., Tennessee, Wake, Miami, etc. and losing by 2 or 3 when we control the game. A bad long snap leading to a safety maybe defined where things ended up. I think the boys will take it out on Elon next week. If Miami is a legit top 25, then so are we.
Agreed. The talent is there to have beaten Miami. Like I told you - I 2nd guess the decision near the end to basically run the same play 3x. Those short, midfield passes weren't going to cut it. Why they kept trying was frustrating to watch.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

Marshall @ App on the mothership tonight at 7:30.

App -7
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

ASUG8 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:37 pm Marshall @ App on the mothership tonight at 7:30.

App -7
Marshall beat the spread, but App got the win. Barely. I'll take it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

ASUG8 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:37 pm Marshall @ App on the mothership tonight at 7:30.

App -7
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:42 pm

App -7
No excuse for that, particularly abusing the players.

Marshall fans on the other hand....
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

At the half, Georgia State has doubled up FBS #23 Auburn 24-12.

Wow....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I guess this ain't no joke. If there's no mistake like in the Sac game, Yahoo has GA State up 24-19 over #23 Auburn 7:50 4Q. Wow....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

GA State is holding on after the two-minute warning. They're about to pull this thing out. Wow....

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I may have spoken too soon. Auburn just called time out at the GA State ten with a tad more than a minute left.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Auburn has 4th and 9 at the GA State 10 at 0:59 left.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Auburn got the TD on 4th down. They're going for two.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

They got the two. Auburn now leads 27-24.

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

It's pretty much over now. Auburn with the pick six. SMH....

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Georgia Southern fired coach Chad Lunsford following a 1-3 start to the season, it was announced on Sunday.

Lunsford, who took over midway through the 2017 season, guided Georgia Southern to 10 wins in 2018 and three consecutive bowl appearances entering this fall. The Eagles won their opening game against FCS Gardner-Webb before falling to Florida Atlantic, Arkansas and Louisiana.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -1-3-start

In happier news - CCU is #16 in the nation, 4-0 baby!
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:42 pm

No excuse for that, particularly abusing the players.

Marshall fans on the other hand....
They moved the visitors entry/exit to where App used to come in during years past. I'm thinking that's a pretty bad idea based on this footage. You're basically having them walk through the student section which is a bad idea at almost any college game.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:33 am
Georgia Southern fired coach Chad Lunsford following a 1-3 start to the season, it was announced on Sunday.

Lunsford, who took over midway through the 2017 season, guided Georgia Southern to 10 wins in 2018 and three consecutive bowl appearances entering this fall. The Eagles won their opening game against FCS Gardner-Webb before falling to Florida Atlantic, Arkansas and Louisiana.

I believe the viral video of a player surfing on the roof of the bus chugging a beer on the way to the stadium was the straw that broke the camels back.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:33 am

I believe the viral video of a player surfing on the roof of the bus chugging a beer on the way to the stadium was the straw that broke the camels back.
:lol: Did that really happen??
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am
Baldy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:39 am
:lol: Did that really happen??
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The three-game series will begin at Virginia, as the Cavaliers will host the Chanticleers at David A. Harrison III Field at Scott Stadium on Nov. 19, 2022.

Coastal will then host the Cavaliers on Sept. 21, 2024, before wrapping up the three-game series at Virginia on Aug.
https://goccusports.com/news/2021/9/27/ ... ginia.aspx

Coastal inks 3-game series with UVA. Hopefully we can hold our own against the Cavs. I'm happy to see Coastal line up some good OOC games. :clap:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:48 am
The three-game series will begin at Virginia, as the Cavaliers will host the Chanticleers at David A. Harrison III Field at Scott Stadium on Nov. 19, 2022.

Coastal will then host the Cavaliers on Sept. 21, 2024, before wrapping up the three-game series at Virginia on Aug.
https://goccusports.com/news/2021/9/27/ ... ginia.aspx

Coastal inks 3-game series with UVA. Hopefully we can hold our own against the Cavs. I'm happy to see Coastal line up some good OOC games. :clap:
Nice!
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AshevilleApp »

I had thought that Georgia State might be a trap game for App, but it didn't happen. The next two games are at ULL and Coastal in Boone. They should have a big impact on the conference race. Both games are also on weeknights because that's life in the 'Belt. :)
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ASUG8 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:34 am I had thought that Georgia State might be a trap game for App, but it didn't happen. The next two games are at ULL and Coastal in Boone. They should have a big impact on the conference race. Both games are also on weeknights because that's life in the 'Belt. :)
Have we ever played a Tuesday night game? I know we play ULL on Tuesday, then Coastal on the following Wednesday. I makes folks like me who are 3+ hours away have to really pick and choose which games we can attend.