JMU makes womens’ college world series for the 1st time ever.

All other college sports!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

JMU makes womens’ college world series for the 1st time ever.

Post by BDKJMU »

For the first time in program history, the James Madison University softball team will play in the Women’s College World Series.

JMU defeated Missouri 7-2 in the rubber match of the Columbia Super Regional on Sunday, in part thanks to a four-run seventh inning.

The Dukes will face off against the Oklahoma Sooners, the tournament's overall No. 1 seed, next Thursday at noon in the opening game of the World Series. It will essentially be a home game for the Sooners. The tournament will be hosted in Oklahoma City just a short drive from Norman.

JMU’s road to the series was not an easy one. Missouri was the eighth-ranked team in the country, but to advance to face them, the Dukes first had to defeat both No. 9 Tennessee and No. 25 Liberty in the Knoxville Regional.

This will only be third time in history that two unseeded teams will appear in the same WCWS. The Dukes will be joined by unranked Georgia in Oklahoma City.

James Madison enters the final stage of the tournament with a stellar 39-2 record. Per a team press release, “JMU becomes the first school not from a power five conference to reach the Women's College World Series since Louisiana achieved the feat back in 2014.”...
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ja ... -berth?amp
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: JMU makes womens’ college world series for the 1st time ever.

Post by BDKJMU »

James Madison softball upsets No. 1 Oklahoma in first-ever Women's College World Series trip
https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/ ... -trip/amp/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

James Madison's Cinderella run through Women's College World Series continues with upset over Oklahoma State.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... homa-state
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Bama (52-7) pitcher Montana Fouts (what a name!) tossed a perfecto against UCLA (41-15) to advance to the Final Four, winning 6-0. This is the first perfect game in the Women's College World series in more than 20 years. Fouts whiffed 14 in this effort on her 21st birthday. It is also Bama's first win over UCLA ever.
https://sports.yahoo.com/montana-fouts ... 06213.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I would be happy to give her a new last name.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:01 am I would be happy to give her a new last name. Image
:rofl:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU lost to OK Sun and yesterday so are done. Don’t follow softball, but from what I heard some claim OK is one of the best teams in the history of college softball- playing in one of the top confernces, record was 50 something and only 2 losses before they were upset by JMU. Also maybe the best hitting team ever in the history of college softball with 150 something home runs. The 1st game JMU held them to a season low 3 runs. From what I read (didn’t watch any), JMU beat in OK in the 1st game, then after upsetting #5 OK St, were tied 3-3 in the 7th on Sun before losing 6-3, and were up 1-0 in the 4th before losing 7-1. The star JMU pitcher apparently pitched a thousand something pitches in 5 days- that sounds like a lot. I’m sure her arm got tired. Plus got drilled in the foot by a OK pitch during Sunday’s game which apparently hampered her the rest of the game and yesterday’s gme. Pretty impressive that they did this in what were basically home games for OK & OK St.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... ler-legend