All other college sports!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: FBS Realignment

Post by Baldy »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am
Baldy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 am The AAC extends invitations to Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UTSA, and UAB. Southern Miss is and Marshall will most likely be joining the Fun Belt (any combination of WKU, FIU, ODU, and MTSU could be in play too). Conference USA is now on life support and dying a long slow painful death. JMU and others, now is your chance. :lol:
Aren't WKU, FIU, ODU, and MTSU all former members?
All except ODU. They left the Belt for the greener pastures of C-USA. :doh:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

FBS Conference Realignments

Post by Ibanez »

Six weeks after losing three teams to the Big 12, the American Athletic Conference’s response is official. The league announced Thursday the additions of Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA, all coming from Conference USA.

The move expands the AAC to 14 football teams, including Navy, and 14 teams in basketball, including Wichita State.
https://theathletic.com/news/aac-offici ... lDy3iFjKQ/
Per multiple reports, first reported by the Athletic’s Chris Vannini, the Sun Belt Conference is considering adding four teams to its current collection of 10 schools. The targeted schools are:

Southern Mississippi
Marshall
Old Dominion
James Madison
Southern Miss, Marshall and Old Dominion all currently call Conference USA home, while James Madison plays in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).
https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/20/2273 ... ss-liberty

BDK - what are you hearing?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: FBS Conference Realignments

Post by AZGrizFan »

Quite a move up for UTSA, UNT and Rice. Poor UTEP. Doesn't matter HOW good they are, nobody wants them.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 am
Six weeks after losing three teams to the Big 12, the American Athletic Conference’s response is official. The league announced Thursday the additions of Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA, all coming from Conference USA.

The move expands the AAC to 14 football teams, including Navy, and 14 teams in basketball, including Wichita State.
Per multiple reports, first reported by the Athletic’s Chris Vannini, the Sun Belt Conference is considering adding four teams to its current collection of 10 schools. The targeted schools are:

Southern Mississippi
Marshall
Old Dominion
James Madison
Southern Miss, Marshall and Old Dominion all currently call Conference USA home, while James Madison plays in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).

Rumor is that it's pretty much a done deal now. WKU, MTSU, and the others scorched the earth when they left and weren't even in the discussion when it came to expansion.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:26 am
Rumor is that it's pretty much a done deal now. WKU, MTSU, and the others scorched the earth when they left and weren't even in the discussion when it came to expansion.
:lol: So....if those teams all leave the C-USA and they don't add anymore then C-USA is in trouble. They'd be a 5 team conference...
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:40 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:26 am
:lol: So....if those teams all leave the C-USA and they don't add anymore then C-USA is in trouble. They'd be a 5 team conference...
Liberty, UMass, UConn, and NMSU are all available. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:04 am

JMU as well...unless the news of them to the Sun Belt or staying in CAA hasn't been released
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Off THAT list, only Liberty is viable. UMASS, UCONN, and NMSU are ripe for relegation a la Idalol. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 am

Southern Mississippi
Marshall
Old Dominion
James Madison

JMU to the CAA amd FCS is hasta la vista..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:15 pm
JMU to the CAA amd FCS is hasta la vista..
So...JMU stays in the FCS?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 am
Off THAT list, only Liberty is viable. UMASS, UCONN, and NMSU are ripe for relegation a la Idalol. SMH....
Liberty is toxic. I wouldn't understand bringing in a university that's undergoing sexual scandal's.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Welcome SBCFLaggship!!!!!!
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

I like the additions to the Belt!

Did anyone else notice the meteoric rise of UNCC football though? From just starting a program in 2013 as an FCS Independent, to an invite to CUSA beginning in 2015, to a move to the AAC. All with just one winning season to date. Location matters I guess.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

In the latest sign of James Madison’s likely move from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision and into the Sun Belt Conference, the school’s Board of Visitors will hold an emergency meeting on Friday.

JMU sent out notice of the meeting on Tuesday morning.

There was not one previously scheduled until Nov. 18-19.
https://www.dnronline.com/sports/colleg ... bd955.html
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:40 am
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 am

Liberty is toxic. I wouldn't understand bringing in a university that's undergoing sexual scandal's.
Undergoing? The only school I know that's CURRENTLY undergoing a sexual scandal is Delaware, and that just broke today.

SMH, Mark....

https://sports.yahoo.com/delaware-footb ... 28704.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm Undergoing? The only school I know that's CURRENTLY undergoing a sexual scandal is Delaware, and that just broke today.

SMH, Mark....
three counts of "indecent assault"?

Further proof that the Hens are shells of their former selves. In the 2000's it would have been at least decent assault and in the 70's would have been outstanding assault.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:40 am
Undergoing? The only school I know that's CURRENTLY undergoing a sexual scandal is Delaware, and that just broke today.

SMH, Mark....

https://sports.yahoo.com/delaware-footb ... 28704.html
Are you serious?!! There's a shit storm right now b/c Liberty's treatment of rape victims.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/21/us/liber ... index.html
Liberty University has been sued by 12 women who claim the school created an environment on its Virginia campus that increased the likelihood of sexual assault and rape.

The lawsuit includes claims of sexual assault and accuses the Lynchburg school of creating a hostile environment toward the plaintiffs.
This has been since the summer, Casey.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm Undergoing? The only school I know that's CURRENTLY undergoing a sexual scandal is Delaware, and that just broke today.

SMH, Mark....
three counts of "indecent assault"?

Further proof that the Hens are shells of their former selves. In the 2000's it would have been at least decent assault and in the 70's would have been outstanding assault.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm sorry, Mark. I've heard nothing about that. It hasn't hit West Coast media outlets, and I don't touch CNN, even if I had cable (which I don't). I made the now-obvious mistake of assuming that you were talking about Junior Falwell....

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:02 am I'm sorry, Mark. I've heard nothing about that. It hasn't hit West Coast media outlets, and I don't touch CNN, even if I had cable (which I don't). I made the now-obvious mistake of assuming that you were talking about Junior Falwell....

Damn right!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

It's a confirm - Marshall to the SunBelt.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 am They keep watering down the Big 12 and maybe someday Texas Tech football can actually be relevant in the conference.
:lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am Why not have football only conferences and keep the traditional rivalries for other sports?
May as well since they're now legally paying players. It's become a professional league.
:nod: