Post-Riley Transfers Out of Oklahoma

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Post-Riley Transfers Out of Oklahoma

Post by SuperHornet »

clenz can be a foul-mouthed fool, but there's a very good chance that given what just happened in the transfer portal that he's correct here. A kid who left HS early as a top QB recruit and signed directly with OH State thinking he'd make a slam dunk on the NIL market but only played two snaps because he showed up to camp late just jilted OSU for Texas because of Steve Sarkisian's track record of developing NFL quarterbacks. Perhaps there was some homesickness in that because he grew up in TX and while in the transfer portal only considered TX FBS schools.....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Caleb Williams gone.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 am Caleb Williams gone.
He entered the portal but said that OU will be considered. Has that changed?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:05 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 am Caleb Williams gone.
How many players enter the portal and stay? I don't know the answer, but I can't recall anyone of significance.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:31 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:05 am

How many players enter the portal and stay? I don't know the answer, but I can't recall anyone of significance.
No idea of the percentage, but it's not all that rare.

Just do a search for "withdraw from transfer portal" and there are several headlines.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:49 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:31 am

Just do a search for "withdraw from transfer portal" and there are several headlines.
If you looked, why didn't you just post it instead of making me do the work? :evil:

Looks like quite a few players, but none I've heard of. This one was interesting...
A day after entering it, Arkansas offensive lineman Jalen St. John has withdrawn his name from the transfer portal, Rivals has learned.

It appears to be an about-face from head coach Sam Pittman’s previously stated policy for players who enter the portal, which he told reporters at SEC Media Days over the summer. He even compared it to his relationship with his wife.

“Once you go to the transfer portal at the University of Arkansas, you sure ain't transferring back in,” Pittman said. “I’m pretty sure, if I asked Jamie if I go to transfer for a week and figure it out, would she let me come back, I'm sure the answer would be no. That's the way we feel about that, too.”
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:49 am

If you looked, why didn't you just post it instead of making me do the work? :evil:

Looks like quite a few players, but none I've heard of. This one was interesting...
A day after entering it, Arkansas offensive lineman Jalen St. John has withdrawn his name from the transfer portal, Rivals has learned.

It appears to be an about-face from head coach Sam Pittman’s previously stated policy for players who enter the portal, which he told reporters at SEC Media Days over the summer. He even compared it to his relationship with his wife.

“Once you go to the transfer portal at the University of Arkansas, you sure ain't transferring back in,” Pittman said. “I’m pretty sure, if I asked Jamie if I go to transfer for a week and figure it out, would she let me come back, I'm sure the answer would be no. That's the way we feel about that, too.”
:lol: Because there was no way of knowing what the percentages were. I saw a few headlines, but couldn't get a feel for the depth of the withdrawals.