FBS Coaching Changes

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

FBS Coaching Changes

Post by SuperHornet »

You can add Jeff Tedford's return to Fresno State to the list. One more potential place to make a play for Troy Taylor has bit the dust.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-fresno ... 23479.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Re: FBS Coaching Changes

Post by SuperHornet »

Maybe the guy who started the similar FCS thread can re-format this for me. Wow, I didn't think it was this many....

Akron: Tom Arth fired 04 NOV; Oscar Rodriguez Jr. named interim.
Colorado State: Steve Adazio fired 02 DEC. Jay Norvell hired 07 DEC.
Duke: David Cutcliffe mutual separation 28 NOV.
GA Southern: Chad Lunsford fired 27 SEP; Kevin Whitley named interim; Clay Helton hired 02 NOV.
FL International: Butch Davis resigned 15 NOV, effective at end of season.
Florida: Dan Mullin fired 21 NOV; Greg Knox named interim; Billy Napier hired 28 NOV.
Fresno State: Kalen DeBoer resigned 29 NOV to accept WA HC position; Jeff Tedford hired 08 DEC.
Louisiana: Billy Napier resigned 28 NOV to accept FL HC position; Michael Desormeaux promoted to HC 05 DEC.
LA Tech: Skip Holz mutual separation 25 NOV; Sonny Cumbie hired 30 NOV.
LSU: Ed Orgeron mutual separation 17 OCT; Brian Kelly hired 30 NOV.
Miami (FL): Manny Diaz fired 06 DEC; Mario Cristobal hired 06 DEC.
Nevada: Jay Norvell resigned 07 DEC to accept CO State HC position.
New Mexico State: Doug Martin fired 27 NOV; Jerry Kill hired 29 NOV.
Notre Dame: Brian Kelly resigned 30 NOV to accept LSU HC position); Marcus Freeman hired 03 DEC.
Oklahoma: Lincoln Riley resigned 28 NOV to accept USC HC position); Bob Stoops named interim for bowl game; Brent Venables hired 05 DEC.
Oregon: Mario Cristobal resigned 06 DEC to accept Miami (FL) HC position.
SMU: Sonny Dykes resigned 30 NOV to accept TCU HC position; Rhett Lashlee hired 29 NOV.
TX Christian: Gary Patterson mutual separation 31 OCT; Jerry Kill named interim; Sonny Dykes hired 29 NOV.
TX Tech: Matt Wells fired 25 OCT; Sonny Cumbie named interim; Joey McGuire hired 08 NOV.
Temple: Rod Carey fired 29 NOV.
Troy State: Chip Lindsey fired 21 NOV; Brandon Hall named interim.
USC: Clay Helton fired 13 SEP; Donte Williams named interim; Lincoln Riley hired 28 NOV.
UCONN: Randy Edsall resigned 06 SEP; Lou Spanos named interim; Jim Mora Jr. hired 11 NOV.
UMASS: Walt Bell fired 07 NOV; Alex Miller named interim; Don Brown hired 22 NOV.
Virginia: Bronco Mendenhall resigned 02 DEC effective after bowl game.
VA Tech: Justin Fuente fired 16 NOV; J.C. Price named interim; Brent Pry hired 30 NOV.
Washington: Jimmy Lake fired 14 NOV; Bob Gregory named interim; Kalen DeBoer hired 29 NOV.
WA State: Nick Rolovich fired 20 OCT; Jake Dickert named interim; interim tag removed 27 NOV.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So Open Jobs:

Akron
Duke
FIU
Nevada
Oregone
Temple
Troy
Virginia
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

https://dailyprogress.com/sports/anthon ... 2ec5b.html
Anthony Poindexter has emerged as the leading candidate for the head-coaching vacancy at Virginia, his alma mater, sources confirmed to The Daily Progress on Monday.

The College Football Hall of Famer and former two-time All-American safety at UVa is currently in his first season as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at Penn State. He’s had other stops as an assistant at Purdue and at Connecticut after an 11-year run as an assistant with the Cavaliers.

Late Sunday, ESPN reported that Poindexter was scheduled to meet with UVa athletic director Carla Williams in Las Vegas, where he’s due to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Tuesday.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:44 pm https://dailyprogress.com/sports/anthon ... 2ec5b.html
Anthony Poindexter has emerged as the leading candidate for the head-coaching vacancy at Virginia, his alma mater, sources confirmed to The Daily Progress on Monday.

The College Football Hall of Famer and former two-time All-American safety at UVa is currently in his first season as the co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at Penn State. He’s had other stops as an assistant at Purdue and at Connecticut after an 11-year run as an assistant with the Cavaliers.

Late Sunday, ESPN reported that Poindexter was scheduled to meet with UVa athletic director Carla Williams in Las Vegas, where he’s due to be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Tuesday.
NERD!!

:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Todd Graham has resigned as HC of Hawai'i in a cloud of abuse allegations by current and former players. The timing is bad given how far the school is in the recruiting process. They had their home bowl game cancelled by COVID. He was 11-11 during his two years at Hawai'i, and has previous stops at Rice, Tulsa, Pitt, and AZ State.

https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-graham-re ... 27248.html

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Michigan OC Josh Gattis has accepted the HC position with Miami (FL). This means that while Jim Harbaugh is back at Michigan, he now has TWO coordinators to find.

Mike Canales, anyone?

https://news.yahoo.com/josh-gattis-expe ... p_catchall

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Per LSU, Auburn is considering firing first-year HC Bryan Harsin, who finished 6-7, but has been seeing record losses through the transfer portal. In return, the Tigers have the #18 recruiting class, and signed NOBODY on National Signing Day. This would make the third year in a row Auburn has had a new HC. Should Auburn go through with this firing without cause, they would have to give Harsin $18M in severance pay, the most in history.

This would be bad both in terms of having a guy in place in time for spring ball, but also from the standpoint of not being able to do anything long term if you quit every year. SMH....

https://sports.yahoo.com/dysfunction-re ... p_catchall