University of the Southwest

All other college sports!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

University of the Southwest

Post by SuperHornet »

The men's and women's golf teams at New Mexico's University of the Southwest (NAIA Red River Athletic Conference) were on the road somewhere in Texas when an oncoming truck mysteriously crossed lanes and took them out. Seven of the nine people in the school van, including head coach Tyler James (whose life goal was to be a head coach) were killed, as were the driver of the other vehicle and a 13-year-old boy with him. This small private Christian college is in mourning, as is the high school attended by one of the victims; their softball team cancelled their game to pray at the softball field. They were leaving a tournament at Midland (TX) College.

Most of the victims were freshmen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/9-dead-includi ... p_catchall

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: University of the Southwest

Post by AZGrizFan »

West Texas roads are lethal. Hundreds of thousands of miles of windy, two lane roads just waiting for something like this to happen. aint the first time and probably won’t be the last time. It’s why whenever I drove to Lubbock to see my children, I ALWAYS took the route where 365 of the 396 miles were on divided highway. The route was about 11 miles longer, but there’s no way I wanted to be on those two lane roads in the dark.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:44 pm The men's and women's golf teams at New Mexico's University of the Southwest (NAIA Red River Athletic Conference) were on the road somewhere in Texas when an oncoming truck mysteriously crossed lanes and took them out. Seven of the nine people in the school van, including head coach Tyler James (whose life goal was to be a head coach) were killed, as were the driver of the other vehicle and a 13-year-old boy with him. This small private Christian college is in mourning, as is the high school attended by one of the victims; their softball team cancelled their game to pray at the softball field. They were leaving a tournament at Midland (TX) College.

Most of the victims were freshmen.

https://sports.yahoo.com/9-dead-includi ... p_catchall
No, the 13 year old was driving.
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/03/1 ... nine-dead/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am West Texas roads are lethal. Hundreds of thousands of miles of windy, two lane roads just waiting for something like this to happen. aint the first time and probably won’t be the last time. It’s why whenever I drove to Lubbock to see my children, I ALWAYS took the route where 365 of the 396 miles were on divided highway. The route was about 11 miles longer, but there’s no way I wanted to be on those two lane roads in the dark.
Heck, any roads would be lethal with 13 year olds driving…
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am West Texas roads are lethal. Hundreds of thousands of miles of windy, two lane roads just waiting for something like this to happen. aint the first time and probably won’t be the last time. It’s why whenever I drove to Lubbock to see my children, I ALWAYS took the route where 365 of the 396 miles were on divided highway. The route was about 11 miles longer, but there’s no way I wanted to be on those two lane roads in the dark.
Heck, any roads would be lethal with 13 year olds driving…
Roads don’t kill people. People do.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.