All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Best CFP semifinals ever

Post by JohnStOnge »

Wow those were two good football games. The Ohio State/Georgia game was particularly good.

Both teams suffered injury during the game but I think it was much worse for Ohio State in getting both Marvin Harrison Jr. and Cade Stover got hurt. Particularly Harrison. Georgia didn't have anybody who could cover him. Probably nobody does. I

I would love to have seen Ohio State play the full game against Georgia no only with both Harrison and Stover but also Jaxon Smith-Njigba.

Michigan was missing its best running back against TCU due to injury as well. It's too bad injury is a factor. But, again, the end result was two great football games.

I have mixed feelings on the two targeting fouls that weren't called. I think the TCU guy was guilty of targeting at the end of the Michigan game and I think the Georgia guy was guilty of targeting on the play that knocked Harrison out of the game. But, at the same time, I don't like the rule.

I would particularly have been dismayed if they'd called targeting on TCU then Michigan won the game. That would have been a really, really sad way to see the outcome of a game like that determined that way.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Best CFP semifinals ever

Post by BDKJMU »

The Rose Bowl, or at least Sofi Stadium, should never be allowed to host the NC game again.

If I was a UGA or TCU fan going to the game, I would be livid. Absolutely zero excuse to not allow tailgating. Californiastan. :ohno:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/uga ... 21165.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:04 pm The Rose Bowl, or at least Sofi Stadium, should never be allowed to host the NC game again.

If I was a UGA or TCU fan going to the game, I would be livid. Absolutely zero excuse to not allow tailgating. Californiastan. :ohno:
I thought you supported Free Enterprise? Business setting own rules.
:thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:04 pm The Rose Bowl, or at least Sofi Stadium, should never be allowed to host the NC game again.

I thought you supported Free Enterprise? Business setting own rules.
And the College Football Playoff can choose to not hold future events at SoFi as well.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Worst CFP Finals ever

Post by BDKJMU »

What a joke of an NC game. Quit watching at 38-7 before the half. 65-7 reminded me of 2016 SHSU @ JMU quarterfinals. Too bad Michigam choked vs TCU. They would at least have given UGA a game.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Re: Worst CFP Finals ever

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:06 pm What a joke of an NC game. Quit watching at 38-7 before the half. 65-7 reminded me of 2016 SHSU @ JMU quarterfinals. Too bad Michigam choked vs TCU. They would at least have given UGA a game.
Football is weird. That was the least resistance Georgia faced all year. The most points they scored all year. Their biggest margin of victory. Georgia beat flipping Kent State by 17. They beat FCS Samford by 33. They win the national championship game by 58? I mean come ON TCU!

It looked like Georgia was playing Texas Southern or something like that. I mean that was really, really bad.

Maybe TCU needs to go back to the 4-2-5 they played when they were known for stout defense. I don't know if it's even possible to look worse on defense than they did last night playing that 3-3-5.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »